3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Weekend Chat Saturday 8/17 - Sunday 8/18/2013 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/286361-ip-weekend-chat-saturday-8-17-sunday-8-18-2013-a.html)

lisa32989 08-17-2013 07:29 AM

IP Weekend Chat Saturday 8/17 - Sunday 8/18/2013

:welcome2:
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website

msbbarber 08-17-2013 08:09 AM

Hi all - Day 5 today - I know I shouldn't but I've been getting on the scale every morning - today I'm down 5 pounds from Tuesday am when I started! It does make it a little easier to get through another day til I really adjust to the new way of doing things.

Is it normal to be tired? I haven't had too many side effects - but I don't really wake up feeling refreshed yet - and I used to before I started.

Thanks!

sonolady 08-17-2013 08:44 AM

Good morning, its a glorious weekend in MA! Some painting, yard work, house cleaning and then hang at the pool.

msbbarber It is normal, the body is adjusting, drink all your water, take your vitamins, stick with the plan, it does work. Lisa has told me and everyone that. I didn't have too many side effects, I did crave the whole grains the first few days, but after that no. I keep telling myself, what I saw Lisa write here, " nothing tastes as good as skinny feels" .
One day at at time and the scale and tape measure keep the motivation going. And then knowing its a life change, not a diet.

Balanced Life 08-17-2013 09:09 AM

Well friends I won't be posting for about 3 weeks :( as the doctor told me at my pre-OP on Thursday that I must IMMEDIATELY get out of Ketosis for my surgery in a week and remain out for at LEAST two weeks after the surgery as well. I followed the protocol for phase three and seem to be maintaining at 135 so far. I am not allowed to take any supplements for a week but snuck in some smooth move tea last night. I admit I had instant energy from my Ezekiel toast, plain Greek yogurt and berries and clocked a 4 mile run in 40 minutes quite easily. I have not gone hog wild by any means, just going to do phase 3- maintenance type eating for this week and after the surgery I will have to eat to carbs to digest the mess, but then I'll get back to phase 1 to lose the last 15, hopefully at least maintaining 135 during this time. Last night I was offered wine, and realized that " technically" I could have it but it was so easy to say no thank you! :smug: I'll keep watching and supporting everyone so keep up the good work!:hug:

65X65 08-17-2013 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balanced Life (Post 4818366)
Well friends I won't be posting for about 3 weeks :( as the doctor told me at my pre-OP on Thursday that I must IMMEDIATELY get out of Ketosis for my surgery in a week and remain out for at LEAST two weeks after the surgery as well. I followed the protocol for phase three and seem to be maintaining at 135 so far. I am not allowed to take any supplements for a week but snuck in some smooth move tea last night. I admit I had instant energy from my Ezekiel toast, plain Greek yogurt and berries and clocked a 4 mile run in 40 minutes quite easily. I have not gone hog wild by any means, just going to do phase 3- maintenance type eating for this week and after the surgery I will have to eat to carbs to digest the mess, but then I'll get back to phase 1 to lose the last 15, hopefully at least maintaining 135 during this time. Last night I was offered wine, and realized that " technically" I could have it but it was so easy to say no thank you! :smug: I'll keep watching and supporting everyone so keep up the good work!:hug:

Good luck and good health...We will be hoping to hear from you that you are doing OK...

Bellamack 08-17-2013 11:28 AM

beautiful day in upstate NY, getting in the 80's all week with sunshine and cool nights. PERRRFECT!

Staying OP, almost back to my starting weight on my ticker, I just couldn't face putting over 200 on there, so when I get to 199, I will start posting my weekly losses. Psychologically this is what I needed to do, lol

Have a Wonderful weekend, rested well last night, the shoulder is less painful and tuesday starts PT, can't wait to finish this recovery :)

Aydubs 08-17-2013 11:35 AM

First Weigh-in

Down 7 lbs and a few inches! Very psyched...I just need to stick with it!:carrot:

SeattleNP 08-17-2013 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by msbbarber (Post 4818323)

Is it normal to be tired? I haven't had too many side effects - but I don't really wake up feeling refreshed yet - and I used to before I started.

Thanks!

Make sure you are using that salt shaker! If not, that may be at least part the reason you are tired. If you don't like to salt your food try putting some salt in a glass of water with some lemon. Measure your sea salt out into a little dish in the morning and use it throughout the day so you are sure to get it all. Really helps!

silverfighter 08-17-2013 01:09 PM

Day 1 begun! I am suffering much more from the loss of Diet Pepsi than anything else, lol.

Question: I was always told to NEVER supplement potassium because of my heart attack when I was in my 20s (eating disorder related). I have always supplemented calcium and magnesium, so that is no change. My cardiologist didn't get back to me in time for me to start the diet, so I am just putting off the potassium for a few days, as I feel like that is probably safer than risking my heart. Has anyone else with a history of heart problems found out about the potassium supplements?

Any info appreciated.

Annik 08-17-2013 02:05 PM

I am not taking potassium and am doing fine on the plan.

PurpleMomster 08-17-2013 02:27 PM

Hi everybody! Just a quick check-in between loads of laundry and cleaning the house - the "fun" part of coming home from holidays, lol!

Went for my WI today and I'm down 4.1lbs and 5 1/4" so yes, it is possible to stay OP while travelling :D

I'm very happy - down 25lbs in 8 weeks :carrot::carrot:

Jo

Art3mis 08-17-2013 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balanced Life (Post 4818366)
Well friends I won't be posting for about 3 weeks :( as the doctor told me at my pre-OP on Thursday that I must IMMEDIATELY get out of Ketosis for my surgery in a week and remain out for at LEAST two weeks after the surgery as well......

Good Luck with surgery...keep well, let us know how you are are doing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bellamack (Post 4818468)
beautiful day in upstate NY, getting in the 80's all week with sunshine and cool nights. PERRRFECT!
Have a Wonderful weekend, rested well last night, the shoulder is less painful and tuesday starts PT, can't wait to finish this recovery :)

I agree this is almost alike perfect fall weather...which is my fav. time of year. :D Glad to hear you aren't having too much pain...g/l with PT

Quote:

Originally Posted by silverfighter (Post 4818516)
Day 1 begun! I am suffering much more from the loss of Diet Pepsi than anything else, lol.

Question: I was always told to NEVER supplement potassium because of my heart attack when I was in my 20s (eating disorder related). I have always supplemented calcium and magnesium, so that is no change. My cardiologist didn't get back to me in time for me to start the diet, so I am just putting off the potassium for a few days, as I feel like that is probably safer than risking my heart. Has anyone else with a history of heart problems found out about the potassium supplements?

Any info appreciated.

the only advice i can and would give you on this is to f/u with your PCP or your cardiologist. They are the ones to direct you best on this matter. I would guess they give us K supplements b/c you will notice you are using the loo a ton more...which can mean you are losing a lot more K that you want or need to. Tho the poster below you as stated she has not taken the K supplements and done well on IP given your history i would just make sure your MD that you are doing the best thing for you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PurpleMomster (Post 4818564)
Hi everybody! Just a quick check-in between loads of laundry and cleaning the house - the "fun" part of coming home from holidays, lol!

Went for my WI today and I'm down 4.1lbs and 5 1/4" so yes, it is possible to stay OP while travelling :D

Jo

Grats on the losses Jo. :D thats amazing :bravo: will you come do my laundry when you are done yours? lol

Not much planned here for the weekend...cleaning and packing that's about it...I watched a PBS program last night called "the truth about exercise with Michael Mosely" It was very interesting. The show was mostly about HIIT or high intensity interval training....the researchers suggested 3X 20 seconds of HIIT 3X week was really all one needed to improve insulin resistance and aerobic function...and the other concept was N.E.A.T which stands for Non-Exercise Activity Thermogenesis...which basically means you don't need to go to the gym to burn calories, rather, our bodies benefit so much more when we are just active ALL THE time..not new concepts but the science presented in this show was inspiring. So i guess some of my days off will be focused on just trying to be moving at least every hour :D

saskgirl 08-17-2013 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PurpleMomster (Post 4818564)

Jo

Awesome job!
Definitely something to be proud of!!

coloradogirl 08-17-2013 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bellamack (Post 4818468)

Staying OP, almost back to my starting weight on my ticker, I just couldn't face putting over 200 on there, so when I get to 199, I will start posting my weekly losses. Psychologically this is what I needed to do, lol

Look at my ticker, I've been you! Congrats to almost getting to SW! :) You got this!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Annik (Post 4818549)
I am not taking potassium and am doing fine on the plan.

Have you told your coach you aren't taking the potassium? You will still lose weight with or without the supplements, but ketosis is extremely taxing on your system. Ketogenic bodies are actually considered TOXIC because they sap your body of sodium, potassium, and calcium. Please read: http://www.livestrong.com/article/55...etogenic-diet/
I am not trying to tell you what to do, I'm just worried about you! Don't want you to get sick :)

coloradogirl 08-17-2013 06:06 PM

Hope everyone is having a great OP weekend! I am super proud of myself, went out last night with a couple friends to Chick Fil A and behaved myself very well, got water and grilled chicken salad, ate the chicken and the greens. Left the fruit and cheese. Then when everyone was going to go back to their apartment to start drinking, I went hope and put myself to bed at a respectable 10:30! No cheats! Although I had so much fun I still feel like I did, ha ha! Went on a 2 hr hike/walk to help a local vet look for her lost service dog, but no luck :( At the very least, at least my dog and I got some exercise. I'll check on you guys later! :)