Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2013, 07:35 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by navydocmom View Post
Hi! I occasionally order from Nashua Nutrition, but to buy the chocolate covered soy snacks (which are EXACTLY the same as IP, but cheaper) and to buy the most amazing thing of all: the dark chocolate wafers. These things are AMAZING. Here is the link:

For the Proti-Thin Dark Chocolate Wafers:
http://www.nashuanutrition.com/store...s-serving.html

The nutritional value of the chocolate wafers is almost identical to the IP Strawberry Wafers. (They are a restricted item) These things taste so good! I usually eat one after lunch and one after dinner (they come with 2 wafers in each package/2 wafers equal one serving - so I'm getting one servings worth by spreading them out over the day). I think the same company that makes the IP Wafers makes these (both are made in the UK and the serving size is exactly the same)

Try them the next time you order. YUM!!

PS - They also make a mocha and vanilla wafer. I tried the mocha and liked them but the dark chocolate is my favorite.
The Dark Chocolate Wafers are amazing!!!!!!!!!!! I can't have them in the house because I eat too many at one sitting... SO GOOD!!!
Old 07-31-2013, 07:38 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Thank you for the warm welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbb60 View Post
Good morning IP friends. I cannot believe it is July 31 already. Summer has sure flown by. My husband is leaving on a 2 week motorcycle trip today and I will have to cook for myself while he is gone. I realize how he has spoiled me when he is away and I have to fend for myself. He even grilled a dozen turkey burgers last night so I would have them available for quick and easy meals after work. He has been such a great support during this IP adventure with me. Hope everyone has a great day!
Congratulations on the loss! So wonderful that you have such a supportive husband! You can do this while he's gone and he will be so proud of your success!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivebynotthru View Post
bbb60- I know how you feel. It's great for those of us who have supportive family members.

Happy IP morning to everyone. I'm praying for strength today. I'm severely tired and my go to is sugar for a quick wake up since I don't drink coffee or tea. I have 3 hour long appointments for my twins today and I still need to fit in all my regular stuff. I know I can do it. I'll see you at the end of the day!
Sending you vibes for strength :vibes: You will do this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1Texan View Post
Well I have finally made it to Maintenance. I have 3 pounds to go but after visiting the CrossFit Gym yesterday, they suggested that I start increasing my calories before Monday (Starting Gym Day) so I don't crash & burn

Stay with it everyone because it does work....!!!
Congratulations to you for completing the program! I wish you much success with your maintenance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie View Post
Good morning, all.

Thanks for sharing yesterday, Lisa. You are an inspiration!

Weigh-in number 3 for me tomorrow.
Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormyS View Post
Hi Everyone!

I hope you are having a great day! I missed a packet yesterday. I was feeling sick and went to take a nap when I put my daughter down for bed and ended up sleeping all night- I usually have my last packet before bed as a snack along with the supplements. Should I try to make it up today or just let it go?
I would just let this one go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxxy View Post
Here's a victory for me....silly one...but a victory!

I just gave advice to someone else on another thread! It seems strange that I actually have information to provide that may be helpful. It's a great feeling to realize how much I have already learned about IP and that I can pay it forward!
:high5: Way to go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagirls12 View Post
Long time Lurking, First time posting.
I start my program on Saturday and I am really nervous. Thanks to all of you and your wonderful encouragement and Information. It really helps with me moving forward on my journey.
Good luck as you take the big leap. The first few days aren't so fun but it gets so much better after that! It really works and you will be so happy that you did this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallgirl231 View Post
Received my blood work results today from my Dr. A1C is now 5.3 which is fantastic because I went from 5.9 to 5.3 with diet alone. I stopped taking the metformin after my last visit 3 months ago. I can now remove my cholesterol meds and have recently reduced my blood pressure meds. Woot Woot!

This diet plan has helped me on my way to become a healthier me at 52 years old. I never thought that this could be possible for me since I have struggled with weight issues my entire life. I'm here to tell anyone who will listen that this plans works if you decide that you want it to work. Like Lisa has said, it is more mental than anything else. I'm thankful that I've finally conquered the mental portion to begin this wonderful journey. Happy hump day everyone!
Now THAT is what this is all about!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie Mommy View Post
Feeling icky today thanks to the big "C". I haven't been eating all my lettuce, so I know why I'm suffering... Just have not been wanting to eat lettuce... Big mistake. Will do better going forward with that.

Just had to get that off my chest with people who understand. Not really something I can verbalize around the office, ha, ha.
I hope you feel better soon. My Coach used to sell something called Floralax, which worked really great for me the first time around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnmomof2 View Post
Summer has kept me busy and away from the computer (not a bad thing right? lol)

But I haven't left IP in fact I'm in PHASE THREE NOW

I can not believe I have lost 57 POUNDS!and 39.4" over all

I'm also toning up now as I started strength training (slowly) when I entered phase 2 and am IN LOVE with how my body is changing for the better. I HAVE BICEPS and definition in my triceps!!

I'm on a natural high all the time now and can't believe I look the way I do (will have to post before and afters for you soon)
Way to go!!! So awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khoffman View Post
Greetings to all! I have been a reader of 3fc for the past 2.5 months now!! I started on this IP adventure on May 17th, 2013. I have never posted on here because I never knew what to write about, etc. Today, I am feeling "I don't know how to handle" this progress that I have been having on this adventure. It is awesome, and I love IP. Well, Since May 17th I have lost 46.6#s and 27.75 inches.... I WI again tomorrow for Week #11. I can't comprehend the fact that I am down a flipping 46.6 pounds. And 27.75inches!! Anyone else feel like that? I see some change in certain parts of my body like my hands and feet, but I personally cant see it other places. I started out being a 5xish top kinda girl, and I can see that those tops are getting really big on me, especially in my scrub tops. My pants are/were 3x and I can see more room there too!! I don't know if I am just expecting to see more of a change than what I am seeing right now, or what the deal is! I know everyone around me sees a different me!! I also like being told that your cloths are getting "too big" on you!! I have never in my life heard that comment before!!!! I kinda like that!! I guess my question is how can I or what can I do to be able to put my hands around the idea that I have lost 46.6 pounds and 27.75 inches? I know I should see more of a difference than I do, but I don't!! I am very very happy being on this IP adventure for the past 11 weeks!! I'm going to keep it up 100% because I have at least another long way to go... I don't have an exact # for that. at least I would think another 150# maybe. Thank you everyone for this awesome website!! It is great inspiration and advice and ideas and tips!! I have learned a lot in the past 11 weeks.... Thanks again....
Thank you for sharing your success.

Quote:
Okay, so I am taking a deep breath and thinking that I need think really hard about some alternatives because the IP food (while working really well) is just too expensive! We just did our budget for Fall and I would like to stay OP, but I need to cut some costs to do so. I did already read the alternatives threads, but I was wondering anyone has found a good replacement for the cappuccino drink somewhere? I have a spinach cappuccino drink (from Lisa's recipe) for lunch everyday and I think that would be a good place to start subbing in a cheaper product. I would appreciate any help!
I know people who have seen similar success with alternatives. It can definitely be done! Don't give up!
Old 07-31-2013, 08:05 PM   #48  
IP Start: 05/16/13

S/C/G: 215.8/140.3/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
The Dark Chocolate Wafers are amazing!!!!!!!!!!! I can't have them in the house because I eat too many at one sitting... SO GOOD!!!
Are they considered restricted?
Old 07-31-2013, 08:05 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 156/124/125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak1lls View Post
Nashua Nutrition also has the following:
HealthSmart Cold Drink - Proticcino (7/Box) for $11.99 (cold drink)
Proti-Thin Hot Drink - Cappuccino Decaffeinated (7/Box) $12.95 (hot drink)

I have not tried them, but I checked and they look like they are IP compatible. There are other sites like dietdirect.com I have heard about, but I have only used Nashua Nutrition so far. I haven't ventured too far from that yet. You can check out reviews on any product on the site. Just check the ingredients to make sure there is no aspartame. I have found that several products have that sweetener, but there is usually an alternative with sucralose. Just keep looking. Healthsmart, Proti-Thin, and Protidiet are the three brands I have ordered.

Hope this helps.

I have ordered many things from Nashua, the Proti Thin hot cappuccino is one that I order often. I love it! Its not too sweet, its creamy, good coffee taste. I often have it as a snack at night. I use half alternatives now and half IP. I just got the Syntrax coffee/latte flavored shake mix, I cant wait to try that tomorrow morning, thanks to Lisa for suggesting it.

I had my 5th WI today.....not too happy only 1.2 lbs down but its a loss. 1/4 inch loss in a couple places. Its the TOM too so maybe that hampered the scale a bit, but its all good. Staying on track.
Old 07-31-2013, 08:08 PM   #50  

Default Egg Question

Hi everyone! I am new to IP doing it on my own by reading all I can and by ordering some IP stuff online but it is so expensive that I have been buying things for the alternative way. I am on my 2nd week and Sunday on my 1st weigh in I had lost 8.4#.
So, anyway for my question....
I have seen two different Phase 1 list of approved foods etc. but one states you can have 4 whole eggs with 2 egg whites, and then I seen another one that states 2 whole eggs with 2 egg whites. Which one is correct?
Thanks a lot!
Old 07-31-2013, 08:12 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 156/124/125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenbee815032 View Post
Hi everyone! I am new to IP doing it on my own by reading all I can and by ordering some IP stuff online but it is so expensive that I have been buying things for the alternative way. I am on my 2nd week and Sunday on my 1st weigh in I had lost 8.4#.
So, anyway for my question....
I have seen two different Phase 1 list of approved foods etc. but one states you can have 4 whole eggs with 2 egg whites, and then I seen another one that states 2 whole eggs with 2 egg whites. Which one is correct?
Thanks a lot!
4 whole eggs and 2 egg whites is correct. I believe it changed in Feb. I have been following that for 5 weeks and I cant eat all those eggs, its just too much for me. I usually use just 4 and make a frittata with 2 cups veggies.
Old 07-31-2013, 08:13 PM   #52  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Decided to weigh my steak this evening, and turns out I was under-eating (at least with steak, I will check chicken tomorrow!) When I did IP before, it was 5oz of meat or 7oz of seafood/fish and I was pretty good at eye-balling that, but I looked at the most recent protocol form that Lisa posted and realized that it was changed to 8oz. Eeep! I already had a hard time getting in all that food at dinner, now it's even more!

Good news; my clothes are becoming quite baggy. I have to pull my pants up really high above my waist or they are very saggy in my behind. Not a good look. Another couple weeks and I will have to dig through my closet to see what fits!
Old 07-31-2013, 08:17 PM   #53  
Started IP 6/12/13

S/C/G: 244/177/150

Height: 5'6"

Sarita75, thanks for posting pics. If I look that good at 175, I'll be ecstatic! Think I'll have to use Spanx for pencil skirts, too much excess skin.
Old 07-31-2013, 08:18 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 178.5/175.5/125

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarita75 View Post
Are they considered restricted?
Yes, they are restricted. There are 2 wafers per serving. I usually eat one wafer after lunch and one after dinner to help me feel like I've had dessert

They do not take like a "diet" item. They are really good, especially to a chocolate lover like me.
Old 07-31-2013, 08:26 PM   #55  

Height: 6'

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnettac View Post
Wow, that sounds fantastic. Congratulations on such wonderful progress. I am hoping that I see similar results when I go back to my doctor in September.
I'm sure you will. I began seeing results with 25 pounds gone. Good Luck!!!
Old 07-31-2013, 08:28 PM   #56  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonolady View Post
4 whole eggs and 2 egg whites is correct. I believe it changed in Feb. I have been following that for 5 weeks and I cant eat all those eggs, its just too much for me. I usually use just 4 and make a frittata with 2 cups veggies.
Sonolady.. Thank You! It is a lot of eggs... Tonight I just did 2/2, but I thought I better ask so I am not doing anything wrong.
thanks again,
Old 07-31-2013, 08:29 PM   #57  

Height: 6'

Sarita, Your pics are fantastic. Congrats. Also, thanks to everyone for the Proti-thin recos. I just placed my first order with them (usually do diet direct) and ordered the dark choc bars and the choc soy balls. Can't wait to get them.

Last edited by tallgirl231; 07-31-2013 at 08:29 PM.
Old 07-31-2013, 08:32 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Okay, so I am taking a deep breath and thinking that I need think really hard about some alternatives because the IP food (while working really well) is just too expensive! We just did our budget for Fall and I would like to stay OP, but I need to cut some costs to do so. I did already read the alternatives threads, but I was wondering anyone has found a good replacement for the cappuccino drink somewhere? I have a spinach cappuccino drink (from Lisa's recipe) for lunch everyday and I think that would be a good place to start subbing in a cheaper product. I would appreciate any help!
Just yesterday I had a packet ofWeightLoss Systems Mocha Cream shake (a sample packet sent by Nashua Nutrition - they always send 2 extra freebie items!) It was AMAZING DELISH!! So good I immediately added 2 boxes to my order (box about $12 for 7). It is a shake or pudding depending on how you make it and I liked it better than the IP cappuccino. (If you order, be sure to select Asparatame Free NOT Original Sweetner from the selection box!)

I joined Nasua's lifetime membership for $30 and you get 10% off (even on sale items). They take the 10% off right on the order when you join!It isn't advertised so If you want to join, just write in the Notes box Join lifetime membership. It won't show on that order yet but the next day they will email you with the new total including you 10% off that order.

You CAN be as successful on alternatives as on IP foods as long as you have the same level of commitment!

Last edited by JLUS; 07-31-2013 at 08:44 PM.
Old 07-31-2013, 09:44 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 403/376/165

Height: 5'7"

Default Hey everyone

Just finished my first week on IP. What a great feeling to be down 18 pounds and 5 inches! Looking forward to learning lots from you all as I continue this program!
Old 07-31-2013, 09:46 PM   #60  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneDeaux View Post
Just finished my first week on IP. What a great feeling to be down 18 pounds and 5 inches! Looking forward to learning lots from you all as I continue this program!
Holy SH#$ 18 lbs in one week?! Congrats!!!!! We're so happy to have you and welcome
Closed Thread