Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2013, 01:03 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 197.6/see ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

Oh! I tried the Weight Loss systems cheesecake pudding with some WF strawberry syrup this morning and it was yum!
Old 07-24-2013, 01:05 PM   #17  

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by theEguarantee View Post
Good morning everyone!! I was waiting for the thread to be started because i'm so excited i am officially down 35 pounds today!!! I'm so psyched & wanted to share with everyone. If anyone has any doubts about this plan, DON'T GIVE UP!! it really works!!! The last few weeks, my losses had slowed a good bit. And i realized there were little things i was doing wrong, like letting restaurants leave the cheese on my salad, or snacking on sunflower seeds. I thought I could get away with these things, but my body said 'no way jose!' So since last thursday, i've completely reined myself in, and i've lost 4 pounds since then. Keep your head right, keep your pantry right, and it will be the easiest program ever!! Thanks to all the biggest losers around here for all of your motivation! Happy Hump Day!
Hey, congratulations!!! That's great! I am so happy for you and thanks for the inspiration

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poptartin View Post
Eguarantee, fantastic news!

I guess I should introduce myself a little, I'm here because I have gained over 60 lbs in the last year and I want to get rid of it. I had my first appointment with my coach yesterday and I can already tell I'm going to love her support.

Right now I'm chomping on a herb & cheese omelet with 1 cup of spinach/mushrooms. I think the most difficult thing for me is going to be giving up Diet Dr. Pepper. I love the stuff.

Happy Wednesday!
Poptartin
! I understand the soda, I was (am?) a Pepsi addict!! Seems like once I go without it for a while, I don't even think about it. But if I have one, I continue to crave them throughout the week. I love the herb & cheese omelette, I find it so filling and it's unrestricted! I started IP in Oct 12 at 204 and in 6 weeks I was at 172 before I had to quit and start paying off my credit card. Now I'm back on, I'm on day 5 and I'm down 8 lbs! I love IP, I swear by it and recommend it all the time. So is this day 1 for you? How do you feel?
Old 07-24-2013, 01:07 PM   #18  
Started IP 1/9/13

S/C/G: 234.4/158/130

Height: 5'1

Had a great WI today! Down 3lbs and hit my 60lbs loss!! Also I have lost 40.5" so far!! Next goal is 75lbs.
Old 07-24-2013, 01:26 PM   #19  

Height: 6'

Went to Dr today and my BP was 97/73. I knew something was up with the dizziness and almost passing out at work last week. We are lowering my BP meds slowly over the next few weeks. That makes me so happy. If all is well with my blood work, I should also be able to cut out the cholesterol meds completely (have been taking 1/2 pill per day the past 3 months) She was very happy with my progress and commented that she wished more of her patients were like me. I said, "Well it took me 52 years to get here!" This diet plan has given me a new lease on life. Can't wait to see where I'm at in the next 3-4 months. Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 07-24-2013, 01:59 PM   #20  
IP Start Date 7/25/13

S/C/G: 193/185/136

Height: 5'6"

coloradogirl, yes, today is day 1 for me.

I got up and had the omelet and since I didn't sleep well last night, I went back to bed for about 2 hours. I got up drank some water and made a chocolate pudding/coffee shake. I think I used too much water or coffee because it made a LOT. I drank half of it and put the other half in the freezer while I got ready for the day... omg, it so good super cold.

Dinners are tricky for me as I have 2 kids that have football practice from 6pm-8pm 4 nights a week... they aren't allowed to eat before practice and we don't get home until almost 8:30. I think I'll start pre-making some meat that I can throw in my salad and then fix up some sides for them. They love cucumbers and celery so we already have those cut up and use them as a side some nights instead of rice or mac n cheese anyway.

I hope I don't crash this evening. I have a lot to do today.

Thanks for asking!
Poptartin
Old 07-24-2013, 02:13 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 210/204/170-ish

Height: 5'8"

Made zuchinni chips in the dehydrator, instead of the oven. Sliced zuchinni as thin as I could with food processor. Zip bag with oil and salt. Then put them in dehydrator at 115 for 5 hours. Super crispy & crunchy. (Ate them like chips while the kids had popcorn. And no, I didn't share!)
Old 07-24-2013, 02:21 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 260/260/150

Height: 5'3"

Poptartin- My son plays hockey, and my daughter is on the figure skating team, so we basically live at the arena 5 days a week until 8:30. I've found that either switching my lunch and dinner (so that I just use one of the IP packets as dinner, the RTD's are easy to take to their practices) or pre-cooking things like salmon (which taste good cold) are the easiest ways to handle really late dinners. I prefer switching, only because I do not like to eat such a heavy meal so close to bedtime.
Old 07-24-2013, 02:25 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 186.6/126.8/125

It seems like forever since I've posted! I'm happy to be back. I'm still trying to lose this last few pounds, but I've been traveling a lot for work and just have been very mindful of what I've been eating for dinner. I bring all my packets, etc. with me, so I'm still OP.

I must say, I LOVE to go shopping for clothes now! I'm officially into a size 8 and a 6 in some clothes! WOOHOO! There are so many more options for smaller sizes. Wow, my business attire is completely different now.

It's nice to see so many are having so much success! Keep up the great work!! And to those of you just starting the journey, stick to it! It TOTALLY PAYS OFF!!
Old 07-24-2013, 02:37 PM   #24  
IP Start: 7/11/13

S/C/G: 214.6/ticker/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balanced Life View Post
You are doing awesome! Great recovery! I have looked and looked and there just aren't any bars in the grocery store that I would use. Luckily the GNC is right next to the grocer and they have Quest bars. RTDs are great to have around. I know others have made similar potions lol, but today I added WF chocolate sauce to my wild berry yogurt smoothie at lunch and OMGoodness! And it made it blend better. I am in love lol. Maybe keeping a box of that and a bottle of the sauce at work might be a good backup. I have trouble remembering to bring my shaker with me! Good luck tomorrow!
Thanks Balanced Life. Just a little more planning ahead needed. Hmmm, may have to try the wildberry yogurt with the chocolate sauce. I wasn't crazy about it on it's own.

I have another issue that I would love some input on. It's a friend's birthday tonight and they are going out to eat. I am going, but I was planning on eating at home first. However, I have looked at the menu and feel that with some additions/subtractions and some sneaky scale usage, I could manage a meal out. But with weigh-in tomorrow AM, I don't want to do ANYTHING to throw myself off. I was thinking either the fresh crab/shrimp salad with no avocado, olives, egg, or dressing (may have to add some other veg); or the rock shrimp bistro with no rice (although not sure about that sauce either). I have the images attached below (hopefully) if anyone would like to weigh in.

CCB Salads.jpg

CCB Light.jpg

Last edited by meinola; 07-24-2013 at 02:38 PM.
Old 07-24-2013, 03:01 PM   #25  
Started IP May 17, 2013

S/C/G: 287/179/150

Height: 5'7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairie Chicken View Post
Made zuchinni chips in the dehydrator, instead of the oven. Sliced zuchinni as thin as I could with food processor. Zip bag with oil and salt. Then put them in dehydrator at 115 for 5 hours. Super crispy & crunchy. (Ate them like chips while the kids had popcorn. And no, I didn't share!)
sounds good. just got a dehydrator. i am going to try this!
Old 07-24-2013, 03:20 PM   #26  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suchawittygal View Post
It seems like forever since I've posted! I'm happy to be back. I'm still trying to lose this last few pounds, but I've been traveling a lot for work and just have been very mindful of what I've been eating for dinner. I bring all my packets, etc. with me, so I'm still OP.

I must say, I LOVE to go shopping for clothes now! I'm officially into a size 8 and a 6 in some clothes! WOOHOO! There are so many more options for smaller sizes. Wow, my business attire is completely different now.

It's nice to see so many are having so much success! Keep up the great work!! And to those of you just starting the journey, stick to it! It TOTALLY PAYS OFF!!
I can't wait to love shopping! I work in an office and I seem to switch off between the same cardigan and jacket because I hate my arms. Thanks for the motivation!
Old 07-24-2013, 04:34 PM   #27  

Quote:
Originally Posted by meinola View Post
I have another issue that I would love some input on. It's a friend's birthday tonight and they are going out to eat. I am going, but I was planning on eating at home first. However, I have looked at the menu and feel that with some additions/subtractions and some sneaky scale usage, I could manage a meal out. But with weigh-in tomorrow AM, I don't want to do ANYTHING to throw myself off. I was thinking either the fresh crab/shrimp salad with no avocado, olives, egg, or dressing (may have to add some other veg); or the rock shrimp bistro with no rice (although not sure about that sauce either). I have the images attached below (hopefully) if anyone would like to weigh in.

Attachment 44943

Attachment 44944
the safest bet might be the steak..request no rick extra veggies, unless you can call ahead and ask about the sauce.....I've only eating once out since starting IP...and i ordered a salad...it was the biggest waste of 15 bucks i ever spent...it arrived with lettuce and peppers...once i took all the other crap off...so better to have a meat and veggies imho for the same price....
Old 07-24-2013, 05:02 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 303/144.8/145

Height: 5'4"

Still retaining water....blaming the heat. But the last couple of days, I really have been struggling with hunger, or what feels like hunger. I have not really had problems with that for months. My body is still showing all the signs of being in ketosis, and have not been eating anything different. I hope that this just means that it is preparing for a nice fwooosh....hopefully in time for WI tomorrow. Oh well, staying strong as I refuse to quit now.....
Old 07-24-2013, 05:05 PM   #29  
IP Start: 05/16/13

S/C/G: 215.8/140.3/145

Hi all! Sorry I haven't been around. This week has been hellacious between people who need last minute prenuptial agreements, court and trying to find business clothes that I can wear! Yikes! I had my WI, a day later than normal, and am down an additional 4.4 pounds making my total losses something like 38.8 pounds since May 16. Totally crazy. I have another 18-19 pounds of fat that I want to lose. I I was so excited at the WI today as I am officially under 180 pounds (at 177) and weigh less than my boyfriend which is HUGE to me - although he's 4.5" tall than me but whatevs! I was super excited and got all choked up.

Some NSVs. I have no business jackets to wear so I decided to go into Banana Republic to see if they have anything suitable (no pun intended). I told her my pant size (12/14) and that my jacket would probably be 14/16 due to my "twins" and my strappin' German heritage. The sales girl told me that I was no way a 14/16 jacket, but like a 12, possibly a 14. Now, she might have been blowing smoke up my backside, but it made me smile. I also won my center's summer weight off challenge which was pretty fun and exciting. All in all, a pretty good day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhondamarie View Post
This is my 2nd week on IP. First week I lost 5 lbs 9 1/2 inches. I'm miserable. I have stuck with it, even during birthday parties with cake, fried chicken and potatoes. I just want something good to eat. Hopefully I'll feel better after my weigh in tomorrow.
I will be thinking about you. Try to figure out some of the tweeks to IP foods that will satisfy your normal cravings. I LOVE IP Cake in a Mug when I need cakey food, loved the potato rolls when I need bread (see LamberJules's recipe), and adore the Chocolate drink with Spinach and Cinnamon (trust me, supergood). Its all about making this work for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumielumes View Post
Had a great WI today! Down 3lbs and hit my 60lbs loss!! Also I have lost 40.5" so far!! Next goal is 75lbs.
CONGRATS!!!

Last edited by sarita75; 07-24-2013 at 05:07 PM. Reason: bad grammar corrections :)
Old 07-24-2013, 05:58 PM   #30  

sarita75, i wondered were you had gone..grats on the win @ work

Breakofday71 yah keep plugging along now..you can see the finish line im certain

tallgirl231
grats on coming off and down on meds..that must be a great motivator for you

AprilH3 you look too young to have a DH thats got a reunion thingie and kids omg WOW...

off to work now to be mocked and made fun of by my jealous co-workers. have a great rest of today folks

Last edited by Art3mis; 07-24-2013 at 06:02 PM.
Closed Thread