3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   I'm confusing myself...snacks, restricteds... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/284972-im-confusing-myself-snacks-restricteds.html)

juicey 07-18-2013 01:49 PM

I'm confusing myself...snacks, restricteds...

I'm on day one....
I'm allowed two snack IP envelopes, correct? (In addition to my meal envelopes)
And that's just for the first week? And then no snack envelopes after that?

restricted
I have some envelopes that were given to me with red dots on them that are supposedly "restricted".
Restricted means only one a day? Or one a week?

Sigh...thanks for bearing with me y'all. :dizzy:

KryssyBee 07-18-2013 01:59 PM

Total packets I eat a day 3

1 - breakfast - usually one of the drink packets
2 - lunch - usually a soup packet
3 - snack - usually a restricted cause they're yummy. Cookie, ridges, chocolate puffs. I have them around 2-3 in the afternoon to carry me until supper.

Sometimes, usually 1-2 times a week, I have the jelly. I was told in was basically a freebie.

ragdoll74 07-18-2013 01:59 PM

There are restricted items and super restricted items.

Typically the snack type items (bars, oatmeal, pancake & chips) are restricted to once per day only even in the first week. The super restricted items are once or twice a week. I think those are the spaghetti & stew.

Non-restricted (puddings, shakes) are allowed 2 times a day, and in the first week you can have up to 3 a day if needed.

Art3mis 07-18-2013 02:08 PM

2 Attachment(s)
My coach said.....2 non-restricted and 1 restricted per day....some of the "snacky" type things are non restricted...IE: the pre-made chocolate pudding...or the jello...

my coach the first week forgot to give me the above sheets...which once i had these tools really helped me to boost my success with p1....might not be a complete list but its complete for the foods i can purchase at my clinic...

my coach also said keep the carbs from IP packets to less than 30g a day.

er: i notice these do not seem to come up very well as thumbnails..save them and view them better maybe :D

juicey 07-18-2013 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Art3mis (Post 4795597)
My coach said.....2 non-restricted and 1 restricted per day....some of the "snacky" type things are non restricted...IE: the pre-made chocolate pudding...or the jello...

my coach the first week forgot to give me the above sheets...which once i had these tools really helped me to boost my success with p1....might not be a complete list but its complete for the foods i can purchase at my clinic...

Fantastic! Thanks SO MUCH for these! My coach may have told me but I think I was taking in too much info and not enough notes! :-)

juicey 07-18-2013 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Art3mis (Post 4795597)

er: i notice these do not seem to come up very well as thumbnails..save them and view them better maybe :D

Ok- so then, I am only supposed to be eating 3 IP packets a day....yes? Two IP meals and one Ip snack?

Hahah! See, I told you I am confusing myself!!!

lauran 07-18-2013 02:19 PM

You eat 3 IP packets a day - whatever kind you want - but if you want a restricted (higher carb count) you can only have 1 restricted + 2 unrestricted per day.

shrinkingsusie 07-18-2013 02:19 PM

And don't forget your lean meat protein at dinner.

JLUS 07-18-2013 02:30 PM

To keep it as simple as possible, you eat 3 IP items per day and only 1 can be restricted.

You can eat them in whatever order you choose so if you want a soup packet for breakfast, a yummy bar or "chips" for lunch and an omlet for snack, go for it.

You need to eat all three packets and the 4 cups veg. Space out the veg 2 c and 2 c or some people spread those out even a little more so maybe one cup is used as a snack. I often have a half cup of them in an omlet then 1.5 at lunch and 2 more c at dinner. (Don't try to eat 3-4 cups at once because it's too many carbs at one time.)

The protocol is designed so you CAN have a restricted every day, stay under the necessary carbs, fat and calories AND lose weight. Most people do not lose faster by not having restricted, but some do (especially those who are truly VERY carb sensitive). Restricteds ARE allowed each day and are meant to help keep you satisfied with a "treat" type item (sweet or salty snack) which helps keep you satisfied and on track!

juicey 07-18-2013 04:08 PM

You are all truly wonderful. :thanks:

I appreciate each and every one of your responses.

JLUS- thanks for breaking it down for me. That totally helps. Like I mentioned in another post, I need the "Cliffs Notes" for IP!!

And one more question- I cannot have more than four cups of veggies (all day, not at one sitting) EXCEPT for unlimited lettuce- correct?

ragdoll74 07-18-2013 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juicey (Post 4795696)
And one more question- I cannot have more than four cups of veggies (all day, not at one sitting) EXCEPT for unlimited lettuce- correct?

Correct.

JLUS 07-18-2013 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juicey (Post 4795696)
You are all truly wonderful. :thanks:

I appreciate each and every one of your responses.

JLUS- thanks for breaking it down for me. That totally helps. Like I mentioned in another post, I need the "Cliffs Notes" for IP!!

Exactly! And that lettuce would be iceberg and romaine. Other lettuces (arugula, butter lettuce, Bibb etc) count toward your veg.

Another common falicy is that you MUST have lettuce. You do not have to have it, though as was pointed out on another thread, those who lose consistently "seem" to eat a lot of salads... Though I suspect you can find plenty who lose and don't have tons of salad!

Art3mis 07-18-2013 04:26 PM

the lettuce is a nice fiber source tho and helps with preventing the dreaded constipation some can experience on this diet...

patns 07-18-2013 05:55 PM

I think you were confusing yourself by thinking snacks/restricted as the same thing. Most of the snack type IP products are restricted but not always. You have to have 3 packages a day but only one of those would be restricted which your coach identified with the red dot. There likely is only seven packages with a dot on them; one for each day in the week.