Old 07-14-2013, 12:14 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 170/159.3/135

Height: 5'2

Default Question on fiber

Ive always taken finer, even before I started dieting. Is any of this finer subtracted from your daily carb intake?
BusyMamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 10:08 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 249.4/see ticker/152

Height: 5'6"

If I am reading your question correctly, you are asking if we can deduct the extra fiber we take from our daily carbs. If that is what you asking, the answer is NO.

The only time you can deduct fiber from carbs is when it is bound up with the food you are eating. Take an apple as an example (although we aren't allowed to eat apples). In a medium apple there are 21 grams of carbs and 4 grams of fiber, making 17 grams NET carbs for that apple. That fiber is an integral part of the apple you are eating. Sprinkling some added fiber on it wouldn't help negate any of the remaining 17 carbs.

I'm hoping I was understanding your question correctly and that my answer made sense.
galpal445 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 11:08 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 170/159.3/135

Height: 5'2

Yes, that makes sense. Exactly what I was asking for.

Thank you.
BusyMamma is offline   Reply With Quote