3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat Wednesday, 7/10/2013 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/284592-ip-daily-chat-wednesday-7-10-2013-a.html)

lisa32989 07-10-2013 12:05 AM

IP Daily Chat Wednesday, 7/10/2013

:welcome2:
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website

IP wanna be 07-10-2013 12:26 AM

Can someone give me beginning advice, suggestions and places to purchase items?

sarita75 07-10-2013 12:40 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Good morning all - although it's still Tuesday here in SF! :dizzy:
Today I was selected to be the "Patient of the Week" at my IP Center. I was pretty stoked (...and a little shy/embarrassed). See below.
Hope you all have great days and see you a bit later. Off to bed for me

ragdoll74 07-10-2013 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IP wanna be (Post 4789717)

These two links should give you plenty of info to get started. Also read Lisa's links in the first post of above. She posts them every morning on this thread.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...s-vol-1-a.html
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...-told-you.html
Quote:

Originally Posted by sarita75 (Post 4789724)
Today I was selected to be the "Patient of the Week" at my IP Center. I was pretty stoked (...and a little shy/embarrassed). See below.

Congrats Sarah!:bravo:

drivebynotthru 07-10-2013 09:05 AM

Congrats, Sarah!

meinvt 07-10-2013 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IP wanna be (Post 4789717)

Stick with it! It does work! Don't worry about a slow down now and then, it gets frustrating but plow through. Drink your water, eat all your veggies. Find a treat that makes you happy (apple cinnamon puffs are my favorite) and have it on hand all the time in case you're feeling weak. This forum is great motivation. I especially like the "what are you wearing" posts and the Non-scale victory posts - everyone here has been in my shoes, so I'm always genuinely happy for everyone's success and it keeps me following in their footsteps.

Best of luck!!

meinvt 07-10-2013 09:24 AM

Phase 2?

I'm thinking of moving on to Phase 2 today . . . Hooray!

Hey, I'm sure I have ordered IP food from the protein store, but they don't seem to carry it now. Any other online sources? I don't mind buying from my clinic, since I don't pay them otherwise, but mail order is just so convenient!

onmyway1014 07-10-2013 09:49 AM

I ran out of multivitamins today so I switched back to my old CVS multi until I can get some more.

I am feeling incredibly nauseous and keep burping vitamin aftertaste.

Lesson learned : the more expensive vitamins in the gel capsule are definitely worth it over the multivitamin tablets:

I hope this is the problem and I'm not getting a stomach bug. Anyone else have trouble when switching vitamins?

amt6 07-10-2013 10:01 AM

Quote:

Congrats, Sarah!! That's exciting :)

I just bumped into my secretary in the hallway and, mid-sentence, she said, "Ohhh you are so skinny!" Now I know I'm hardly "skinny" but it feels great to be acknowledged :D

undrwelmd 07-10-2013 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meinvt (Post 4789893)
I'm thinking of moving on to Phase 2 today . . . Hooray!

Hey, I'm sure I have ordered IP food from the protein store, but they don't seem to carry it now. Any other online sources? I don't mind buying from my clinic, since I don't pay them otherwise, but mail order is just so convenient!

I have seen IP food on ebay.

sarita75 07-10-2013 10:14 AM

Mio and ketosis

what are people's thoughts on Mio and ketosis? I used it alot while camping and am a little scared I might have kicked myself out of ketosis....

SaraJP0804 07-10-2013 10:25 AM

I am on day 3 of the diet.
I do have a question about the veggies. I am having a hard time getting 4 cups in. Any suggestions on what I can do to help get all my veggies in??

drivebynotthru 07-10-2013 10:26 AM

Sarita- I use mios (generic) every day and am still in ketosis. There's a lot of discussion on this. Some people's losses seem to slow when using mio, others have heartburn, others have no problems. You may have to keep track and see what works for you.

floridasunshine 07-10-2013 10:29 AM

happy hump day IPers! :carrot::D:carrot::D

sarita75 07-10-2013 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaraJP0804 (Post 4789942)
I do have a question about the veggies. I am having a hard time getting 4 cups in. Any suggestions on what I can do to help get all my veggies in??

Salads and purees are good. Some also put spinach in their drink mixes (chocolate and wild berry). I found that spinach and mushrooms sautéed worked well for me when I didn't want to deal with eating a "mountain" of veggies. I woll oftentimes add them to a soup. Yum. Remember cups are pre-cooked.

SylviesGirl 07-10-2013 10:49 AM

Morning Fellow-IPers!

I am back from our vacation and very proud to report that I stayed completely OP (with the possible exception of undereating on veggies here and there when it couldn't be helped). It wasn't easy -- I still have the smell of a certain pizza haunting me -- but I did it!

WI in the middle of vacay last week was -2 and this week another -1.5. I'll take it! I can say with certainty that this is the very first time in my life that I have lost weight on vacation!

I was telling my husband the other day what a difference IP has made for me. Not only have I lost weight, but I have gained my self-respect again. It felt absolutely amazing to be the one with the most self-control in every food setting I was in all vacation. That was very new for me and felt SO great!

Have a good day, all!

SylviesGirl 07-10-2013 10:53 AM

Quote:

I find that cabbage is a very "collapsible" veggie. I measure out 2 cups of shredded (preferably angel hair) cabbage and saute it in a bit of oil with a good amount of seasoning (salt and hot chili powder for me). Those two cups collapse down into about 3/4 or 1/2 cup (depending on how long you cook it -- it takes only a couple of minutes). Very tasty and filling without the volume. **Keeps things moving, too, if you know what I mean. ;)

I know lots of people swear by pureeing 2 c. spinach into their morning shakes. I've never tried it, but it seems to work for many people.

Keep experimenting -- you'll find what works for you.

SweetScrumptious 07-10-2013 11:00 AM

^
I thought cabbage would be considered as unlimited lettuce?

spunky536 07-10-2013 11:03 AM

Quote:

Congrats! It's great to be acknowledged for your progress!

IdealProteinNewbie 07-10-2013 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SweetScrumptious (Post 4789976)

I'm sorry if this sounds rude, but how could cabbage possibly be considered lettuce?

Also, cabbage is clearly listed on the Phase 1 sheet under 'select' veggies.

mightbe 07-10-2013 11:12 AM

Quote:

^

Nope cabbage counts as veggies ;)

undrwelmd 07-10-2013 11:13 AM

Quote:

^

Nope, only actual lettuce is unlimited. Other types of leafy greens, such as spinach, arugula, kale, and cabbage, are approved vegetables that count toward your 4 cups per day.

lisa32989 07-10-2013 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarita75 (Post 4789936)
what are people's thoughts on Mio and ketosis? I used it alot while camping and am a little scared I might have kicked myself out of ketosis....

Mio won't knock you out of Ketosis but it has slowed some people's losses.
Too much artificial sweetener can do that.
I've also found the more sweet I drink, the more I want.
Netrition sells Stur, which is an all-natural version of Mio. Stevia-sweetened & no artificial colors.

Quote:

Look at all the recipe links in the first post of this thread. All the info is there!

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarita75 (Post 4789965)
Remember cups are pre-cooked.

My coach and I had quite a discussion about this. This translation from French is meant to mean "raw". Measure everything raw. "Pre-cooked" can look to many like "cook first". The intent is "measure before cooking"

Quote:

^

Only lettuce (romaine, iceberg, Boston, Bibb) is lettuce. As others have said, all other green & Leafys are onthe select veggie list. Do you have a phase 1 protocol sheet? They are in the stickies if you need one. (Start at the end and work backward for the newest sheets)

SuzieV 07-10-2013 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SylviesGirl (Post 4789968)
Morning Fellow-IPers!

I am back from our vacation and very proud to report that I stayed completely OP (with the possible exception of undereating on veggies here and there when it couldn't be helped). It wasn't easy -- I still have the smell of a certain pizza haunting me -- but I did it!

WI in the middle of vacay last week was -2 and this week another -1.5. I'll take it! I can say with certainty that this is the very first time in my life that I have lost weight on vacation!

I was telling my husband the other day what a difference IP has made for me. Not only have I lost weight, but I have gained my self-respect again. It felt absolutely amazing to be the one with the most self-control in every food setting I was in all vacation. That was very new for me and felt SO great!

Have a good day, all!

Awesome...love the observations about self-respect & control. Those are real motives for me!

NinjaNurse 07-10-2013 12:52 PM

Hi everyone! I am still here. Struggling with the last 25lbs and myself. With so much going on this Summer, I am CONSTANTLY aware of my current limitations. It is really taking a toll on me emotionally. Not that I want to quit or not lose the last 25, I am just bored and angry. Bored in that I want to work out and do more (went in a bouncy castle at a Bday party the other day!) and I am tired of THINKING about what to eat ALL THE TIME at events like this.
I started reading Beck Diet Solution and instead of being inspired, watching what 'skinny' people were eating, and what I cannot, wasn't inspiring at all.
Those of you who have or are struggling, how do you make it through. I still feel like my coach is not listening, no matter how close we have gotten nor to I feel she is someone to really talk to about nutrition and goals.

No flames or tough love, I want people to share with me the difficulties to the triumphs! TIA!

PS: Avatar is newer pic, but about 15lbs heavier than I am now and minus the decent bras I recently bought.

willsea 07-10-2013 12:57 PM

Ketosis, I know I have been in it for a while. However out of nowhere I feel like I don't have stinky breath. I haven't cheated so I know Im good. Does this mean my body has somehow become used to Ketosis? Has anyone had this happen? I’m not complaining, just curious.

spunky536 07-10-2013 01:12 PM

officially down 40 lbs today! :carrot: :dancer:
Such a great feeling.

Thinking about changing my goal to 130 as I am happy where I am right now. But, nervous about changing as well.

Have a great day everyone!

MY3labs 07-10-2013 01:19 PM

Sylviesgirl Nice job - you should be proud of yourself!
Sarita Congrats!

WI today down 3 lbs! Little more than 1 lb left until goal! :carrot: can't wait to see what next week brings!

Currently eating Mock potato salad made with turnip, it's fantastic!

Ninja nurse - try looking up some new recipes, get a little creative, it always helps with getting past these tough spots. Or sometimes just go really simple like celery, cucumbers, peppers, pickles for veggies and take the 'thinking' out of it to give you a break. One last thing look into the mental picture and see what's holding you at this spot and try to break through it...good luck, you can do it!:hug:

NinjaNurse 07-10-2013 01:33 PM

MY3labs Thank you!! I have no probs with veggies, LOVE them. Made a 'salsa/gazpacho to bring with me to the party and people around me were asking about it. I think/know what is holding me back, I want to eat like a normal person. I KILLED me not to eat a piece of cake at the Bday party. The thought of not eating it was rampart in my head like a HUGE fire alarm. It drained me.

I am finding my love of baking again, despite the heat, and I CANT eat it! A friend of mine and fellow baker wants me to go to a dessert showcase in Boston in OCT. I almost said, no I can't eat it anyway. By Oct??? WTF??

I love and look forward to me IP Choco 'fudgesicles' when I get home from work, DELISH.

I dunno, I never thought the Summer would be worse than the Holidays, but it is for me.

Annik 07-10-2013 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarita75 (Post 4789936)

I am now avoiding MIO and trying to use as few products with sucralose. MIO definitely slowed my weight loss. I think it is a matter of sensitivity. Some people can handle it.

Stevia as a sweetener is my preference.

MntRose 07-10-2013 01:35 PM

First off, NinjaNurse! Va va voom!! Love the new picture. Not sure I am struggling yet but I sure am looking forward to changing what I eat with the following phases while at the same time dreading maintenance. I wish I could help more hon.

Willsea, my bad breath seems to come and go, but I have a lot fewer days with it now than when I first began. I just guessed it's my body getting used to burning the ketones and becoming more efficient at it (so there is less to go through my lungs)

SaraJ about veggies, right now I like to saute most of them, loving either mushrooms, cabbage or zucchini. When it cools off I will probably go back to roasting most of them. The purees I tried and I must have done them wrong because they were not good at all to me, but I think that's just me as so many really like them. The best thing I can suggest is to read through the recipes and try them. Perhaps look at 'Big Mac in a Bowl' I loved that recipe!

Spunky and My3Labs Congratulations to you both:broc:

Just tried to have the IP Omelet packet that has been hanging around for a few months and umm no wonder why it was my last IP packet, it was yucky :(
So having an EAS Advantage chocolate fudge shake for lunch instead and truly thankful for finding this protocol.

Have a great OP day IPeeps

roxanne1 07-10-2013 01:43 PM

I just declined going out to lunch with my boss because I'm scared to eat in a restaurant. I haven't since I started the diet 6 weeks ago. How do you all manage to order without stressing?

NinjaNurse 07-10-2013 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roxanne1 (Post 4790095)
I just declined going out to lunch with my boss because I'm scared to eat in a restaurant. I haven't since I started the diet 6 weeks ago. How do you all manage to order without stressing?

I actually am not so bad with that. I always check on the menu 1st and then modify what I order. I am used to it by now, but the 1st few times were awful.
:hug:

sarita75 07-10-2013 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NinjaNurse (Post 4790086)
MY3labs
I love and look forward to me IP Choco 'fudgesicles' when I get home from work, DELISH.

How do you make these?!?!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Annik (Post 4790087)
I am now avoiding MIO and trying to use as few products with sucralose. MIO definitely slowed my weight loss. I think it is a matter of sensitivity. Some people can handle it. Stevia as a sweetener is my preference.

I am going to move away from it again. I drank it a bit while camping to help get "warm" water down but I think it is affecting me a bit now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by roxanne1 (Post 4790095)

Most of my office and friends know I am on a very restrictive diet. I tend to find out where we are going and look at the menu in advance. I also tell servers that I have funky requirements, am super-nice to them and they meet my restrictions. :)

kledbetter27 07-10-2013 02:17 PM

Today was my WI #2. I was down 4lbs for a total for 12 lbs lost!

Not too shabby for 13 days - hope y'all are having a good day!

sarita75 07-10-2013 03:07 PM

Congrats Kledbetter27!

ragdoll74 07-10-2013 03:14 PM

NinjaNurse hang in there! I think I went through something similar. Mentally I was just ready to move into maintenance, but I was not at goal yet. I just tried mixing things up with new recipes, different packets, etc. That feeling passed and I was able to keep going on phase 1.

Roxanne I usually order grilled chicken/fish with a side of veggies no butter on anything. My other go to is chicken ceasar salad no dressing, cheese or crouton and either vinegar & oil or a lemon wedge for dressing. I've brought my own individual packs of WF dressings before, but that doesn't go over well at a business lunch.

amberjules 07-10-2013 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SylviesGirl (Post 4789968)
Morning Fellow-IPers!

Have a good day, all!

So happy for you staying OP!! It's huge! Also thanks for joining the Dietbet.com game. It was great to see all the people who joined and lost 4% of their body weight. Congrats!

amberjules 07-10-2013 03:19 PM

So this week I decided to change my goal from 124 to 140 lbs. I may change it again as I get closer, but I have a sneaky suspicion that at 140 I'll be in a size 6 which is my ultimate goal.

So now I have about 40 lbs to lose before I'm at goal!!! I'm in a size 10/12 now at 180 lbs. That's down from a size 22 and 257 lbs!

It was very exciting to see the transformation and actually shop in stores with "regular" size clothes.

sarita75 07-10-2013 03:20 PM

Lovely photo amberjules!