3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat Monday 7/1/2013 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/284178-ip-daily-chat-monday-7-1-2013-a.html)

lisa32989 07-01-2013 06:37 AM

IP Daily Chat Monday 7/1/2013

:welcome2:
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website

lauran 07-01-2013 06:44 AM

Morning all! I am off to work, and then I will have my first WI tonight. AHHH! Hope everyone has a great Monday!

sonolady 07-01-2013 06:46 AM

Good morning Lisa! I'm into day 5 and doing fine. I was really hungry yesterday so I had a hard boiled egg. I'm down 4lbs about 25 to go... a day at a time. I am loving this site and finding new ways to use the drinks. I put an order in with Nashua yesterday. I know with my work schedule I will find it hard to get weighed each week at the same time, so now I will have extra packs on hand to stay on point.

Have a great day every one!!!

theEguarantee 07-01-2013 09:38 AM

Good morning everyone!

I hope everyone had a fantastic weekend!! I did happen to slip up a couple of times this weekend... but I tried to make up for it at different parts of the weekend. Luckily, I hit down 25 lbs Saturday & haven't gained!! So, although I'm not happy with the bad things I had, I'm proud of myself for making up for it and not gaining! Yay for the weekend!

lisa32989 07-01-2013 11:03 AM

I was telling someone this morning the key to this plan is planning.
If I wait until I'm hungry to plan what I'm going to eat I could be setting myself up for failure.
If my whole day is planned, when I get hungry I already know what to eat.
If I don't want that food then I know it's about cravings and not about true hunger. Cravings are "head hunger" and not true hunger
Success for me is going to be about learning a different relationship with food and the key for me is planning my day before it starts

This is especially important with all these special days: holidays, barbecues, graduations, weddings, etc. coming up. It is important to plan!

If I fail to plan, I plan to fail.
Plan for success!!!

ZOMBIEDAWN 07-01-2013 11:10 AM

Lol, I think I needed to hear that this morning, Lisa! I'm planning my food for the day, and I'm thinking (whine) MAN, I don't wanna eat that!! It's because I'm craving something else and come to think of it, my TOM is coming in a few days. Thanks for turnin' my head on the right way! :D I'm not in a whiny mood anymore!

tallgirl231 07-01-2013 11:17 AM

Good morning I Peeps. Finally, I'm down 1.2 this morning. It's been a bit slow these past few weeks.
Something exciting that's happening for me right now. I'm planning a trip to France in September. I can't wait. This is a great motivator for me to remain on plan and hopefully drop another 20 pounds or close to that. I plan on enjoying wine on my trip so I will phase out before we go to account for that.

I also look forward to having a little more than an inch of seatbelt left once I put it on. LOL. I'm tall so I'm usually smashed in the seat area anyway but the extra weight all around didn't help with the situation.

roxanne1 07-01-2013 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tallgirl231 (Post 4783538)
Good morning I Peeps. Finally, I'm down 1.2 this morning. It's been a bit slow these past few weeks.
Something exciting that's happening for me right now. I'm planning a trip to France in September. I can't wait. This is a great motivator for me to remain on plan and hopefully drop another 20 pounds or close to that. I plan on enjoying wine on my trip so I will phase out before we go to account for that.

I also look forward to having a little more than an inch of seatbelt left once I put it on. LOL. I'm tall so I'm usually smashed in the seat area anyway but the extra weight all around didn't help with the situation.

I'm going to France in September too, and I'm right with you on the motivation! :D

tallgirl231 07-01-2013 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roxanne1 (Post 4783540)
I'm going to France in September too, and I'm right with you on the motivation! :D

I know, right? I want to feel good in the new clothes that I plan on buying in the smaller size! We also tend to do many walking tours so that in itself is a good reason to be in better shape. Good luck with your motivation. We'll have to keep cheering each other on over the next few months,

kledbetter27 07-01-2013 12:18 PM

Good Afternoon y'all! This morning I'm down 6 lbs after 4 days OP. I have my first WI on Wednesday. Trying to figure out what out of this starter pack I want to eat next. I had the broccoli and cheese soup yesterday - only slightly better than the tomato basil :P

Take care everyone

roxanne1 07-01-2013 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tallgirl231 (Post 4783545)
I know, right? I want to feel good in the new clothes that I plan on buying in the smaller size! We also tend to do many walking tours so that in itself is a good reason to be in better shape. Good luck with your motivation. We'll have to keep cheering each other on over the next few months,

Yes, definitely!!

MntRose 07-01-2013 12:22 PM

So WI # 23 here and down 2 pounds! I am officially at 51 pounds lost on IP and a mere 9 pounds to my first goal.

I hope everyone has a fantastic OP day :hug: Trips to France sound like an awesome adventure! I hope you both have fun. Good luck to everyone with weigh in's today.

Summerblue 07-01-2013 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisa32989 (Post 4783528)
I was telling someone this morning the key to this plan is planning.
If I wait until I'm hungry to plan what I'm going to eat I could be setting myself up for failure.
If my whole day is planned, when I get hungry I already know what to eat.
If I don't want that food then I know it's about cravings and not about true hunger. Cravings are "head hunger" and not true hunger
Success for me is going to be about learning a different relationship with food and the key for me is planning my day before it starts

This is especially important with all these special days: holidays, barbecues, graduations, weddings, etc. coming up. It is important to plan!

If I fail to plan, I plan to fail.
Plan for success!!!

SO TRUE - If I didn't plan EVERYTHING I was going to eat for the next day the night before, I wouldn't be on this plan anymore. Great advise!

Summerblue 07-01-2013 12:39 PM

oh and I am down a grand total of 25.6 lbs.........and the shorts, fit :) Need to get a new 'next' goal.

thinnerJ 07-01-2013 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tallgirl231 (Post 4783545)

Think of the fun clothes you can buy THERE too! Years ago I got some fantastic outfits in Paris. Save some clothes money to splurge on new sizes there.

thinnerJ 07-01-2013 12:50 PM

Heat advisory plus TOM plus I was woken up an hour early this morning!! :( Working very hard to not be whiney today. I made a tiny bit of brewed chai with an ounce of milk for some caffeine and am drinking extra water for it but I'm wondering about other options too.

A Starbucks unsweetened Passion fruit tea sounds good, is this ok or would I need to supplement with even more water and is there stuff in there I shouldn't be having? Is there a limit on uncaffeinated tea?

Otherwise, I have been making my various drinks (mango, orange, pink lemon, bluepom) in an 16oz bottle with extra water and packed with ice. Makes for a nice option to sip for an hour or two (especially during parties!!), but I'll be needing more than that these hot days and would love something other than just tons of water.

tallgirl231 07-01-2013 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thinnerJ (Post 4783638)
Think of the fun clothes you can buy THERE too! Years ago I got some fantastic outfits in Paris. Save some clothes money to splurge on new sizes there.

Great idea. During my heavy times, I only seem to buy scarfs and shoes since I know those will fit. It will be nice to look at something other than that while in France. Can't wait.

bluegirl9 07-01-2013 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thinnerJ (Post 4783644)
Heat advisory plus TOM plus I was woken up an hour early this morning!! :( Working very hard to not be whiney today. I made a tiny bit of brewed chai with an ounce of milk for some caffeine and am drinking extra water for it but I'm wondering about other options too.

A Starbucks unsweetened Passion fruit tea sounds good, is this ok or would I need to supplement with even more water and is there stuff in there I shouldn't be having? Is there a limit on uncaffeinated tea?

Otherwise, I have been making my various drinks (mango, orange, pink lemon, bluepom) in an 16oz bottle with extra water and packed with ice. Makes for a nice option to sip for an hour or two (especially during parties!!), but I'll be needing more than that these hot days and would love something other than just tons of water.

Our coach told us to be careful to stay hydrated during the upcoming heat wave & to drink more water if necessary -- and that POWERADE ZERO (it must be the zero) is allowed if needed. This helps with your electrolytes and may be a good option in the heat especially if you are feeling light-headed or extra thirsty.

KryssyBee 07-01-2013 01:46 PM

HAPPY CANADA DAY!!!! :hat:

I agree with the planning ahead. I know if I don't then I'm tempted to go for something else. I'm on day 12 and so far I have stuck to the plan 100%. I want to be successful and I plan to be. Today, since it's a holiday, I plan on getting all my lunches ready for the week, going to give it a shot!

roxanne1 07-01-2013 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MntRose (Post 4783612)
So WI # 23 here and down 2 pounds! I am officially at 51 pounds lost on IP and a mere 9 pounds to my first goal.

I hope everyone has a fantastic OP day :hug: Trips to France sound like an awesome adventure! I hope you both have fun. Good luck to everyone with weigh in's today.

MntRose - congratulations on your success! Reading things like this me make me want to keep going! :carrot:

65X65 07-01-2013 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Summerblue (Post 4783632)
SO TRUE - If I didn't plan EVERYTHING I was going to eat for the next day the night before, I wouldn't be on this plan anymore. Great advise!

AGREE!! Great advice and words to remember..Another thought to keep us OP..

"Yesterday's methods will get you yesterdays results"......ugh! For me that thought is absolutely, terrifyingly ... shuddering!!

sarita75 07-01-2013 02:24 PM

Happy Canada Day to those north of me!

This weekend was tough at times and good at times. Saturday I had a meltdown as my boyfriend had pizza from our favorite place and I had ... broccoli. Yup. I was standing there, cutting it up and on the verge of tears. So I went into the bedroom, laid down, did some deep breathing and quietly repeated - "It doesn't taste better than skinny." In retrospect, it was sort of funny but man did I want some pizza.

Sunday was my birthday and I was able to stay OP the entire time. I made "Cake in a Cup" which had us both in stitches watching it puff up in the microwave only to cave in when it stopped. It was a great little cake substitute.

So here we are on Monday. I leave to go camping on Wednesday and am trying to sort out the myriad of ways to get in 4 c. of veggies per day. Have protein all planned out (Big Mac in a bowl, Taco Salad, Kebabs, Steak) but the veggies are stumping me. I figure I will be having salads most of the time after the roasted veggies run out. :)

Onwards and upwards. Hugs to you all!

thinnerJ 07-01-2013 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarita75 (Post 4783727)
So here we are on Monday. I leave to go camping on Wednesday and am trying to sort out the myriad of ways to get in 4 c. of veggies per day. Have protein all planned out (Big Mac in a bowl, Taco Salad, Kebabs, Steak) but the veggies are stumping me. I figure I will be having salads most of the time after the roasted veggies run out. :)

Dehydrate stuff! Zucchini chips, jicama with cinnamon, kale chips! I did this for my recent camping trip and it was so helpful. If no dehydrator you can do all of these in the oven.

65X65 07-01-2013 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thinnerJ (Post 4783732)
Dehydrate stuff! Zucchini chips, jicama with cinnamon, kale chips! I did this for my recent camping trip and it was so helpful. If no dehydrator you can do all of these in the oven.

Also..baby Cukes and raw green peppers will "keep" with out being chilled for a few days....

lisa32989 07-01-2013 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarita75 (Post 4783727)
Happy Canada Day to those north of me!

This weekend was tough at times and good at times. Saturday I had a meltdown as my boyfriend had pizza from our favorite place and I had ... broccoli. Yup. I was standing there, cutting it up and on the verge of tears. So I went into the bedroom, laid down, did some deep breathing and quietly repeated - "It doesn't taste better than skinny." In retrospect, it was sort of funny but man did I want some pizza.

Sunday was my birthday and I was able to stay OP the entire time. I made "Cake in a Cup" which had us both in stitches watching it puff up in the microwave only to cave in when it stopped. It was a great little cake substitute.

Onwards and upwards. Hugs to you all!

OMG those hormones make us sensitive sometimes, don't they? I CRIED when I gave up soy protein & gluten & discovered which IP favs I'd be eliminating. TEARS! And this was over DIET FOOD! I totally get a meltdown over something else...I've had to ask DH to eat certain foods in the other room more than once. He doesn't understand that some days they bother me & some days I have a much thicker skin. But he complies...

Besides the dehydrated idea, don't forget simple stuff like celery & cukes. I can take whole cukes just about anywhere. They are easy to slice & yummy with just a little salt. Also, veggies can be roasted in aluminum foil over a campfilre. OR...skewer them with some meat and have shish kebobs!

You got this.

sarita75 07-01-2013 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thinnerJ (Post 4783732)

Yum! CAn you direct me to a recipe for Jicama with Cinnamon?

Quote:

Originally Posted by 65X65 (Post 4783742)
Also..baby Cukes and raw green peppers will "keep" with out being chilled for a few days....

I got those! I am also making a cucumber salad that I loveeeee!

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisa32989 (Post 4783745)
OMG those hormones make us sensitive sometimes, don't they? I CRIED when I gave up soy protein & gluten & discovered which IP favs I'd be eliminating. TEARS! And this was over DIET FOOD! I totally get a meltdown over something else...I've had to ask DH to eat certain foods in the other room more than once. He doesn't understand that some days they bother me & some days I have a much thicker skin. But he complies...

Besides the dehydrated idea, don't forget simple stuff like celery & cukes. I can take whole cukes just about anywhere. They are easy to slice & yummy with just a little salt. Also, veggies can be roasted in aluminum foil over a campfilre. OR...skewer them with some meat and have shish kebobs!

You got this.

Thanks, Lisa. Boyfriend and I chatted about it. I think I was just having a little bit of a pity party about the pizza and turning 38. I know. Sad. :) Got the raw cucs and peppers. Going to grab whole ones and will be gnawing away on them as I tube down the river. :) (I actually eat green peppers like apples sometimes....)

lisa32989 07-01-2013 02:50 PM

38? Those tears were 6-8 weeks before my 50th!
Hormones, I tell ya! They are strong!

ragdoll74 07-01-2013 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisa32989 (Post 4783745)
OMG those hormones make us sensitive sometimes, don't they? I CRIED when I gave up soy protein & gluten & discovered which IP favs I'd be eliminating. TEARS! And this was over DIET FOOD!

I know how hard this was for you at the time, but reading this made me laugh. I never thought of it that way, but it is pretty darn funny crying over the DIET food you can no longer have.

65X65 07-01-2013 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarita75 (Post 4783749)

I got those! I am also making a cucumber salad that I loveeeee!

Thanks, Lisa. Boyfriend and I chatted about it. I think I was just having a little bit of a pity party about the pizza and turning 38. I know. Sad. :) Got the raw cucs and peppers. Going to grab whole ones and will be gnawing away on them as I tube down the river. :) (I actually eat green peppers like apples sometimes....)

Oh..LOL...totally get ya on the green peppers!! Go into panic if/when we get down to 1 or 2 in the refrig! Been known to tell my husband there are no extra slices of pepper for his salad at dinner because I need to be sure there are a few slices left while I get to the groc in the AM.....Oh..and can I just say..a pitty party 'cause your 38??? REALLY... Now that's not fair..or funny!! :cry: Actually...not complaining about my life...(just wish I'd been skinny....!!!) And at 38...you have a crack at it!! BRAVO!!

Staring medicare in the eyeball here in a few weeks...I need to figure out how to celebrate staying OP when that happens...Might need more than a green pepper to make my day when that rolls in.

lisa32989 07-01-2013 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragdoll74 (Post 4783759)
I know how hard this was for you at the time, but reading this made me laugh. I never thought of it that way, but it is pretty darn funny crying over the DIET food you can no longer have.

It WAS hard at the time but I got over it. Of course its easy to chuckle about now... esp realizing it was over DIET FOOD!
But at the time...:tantrum:

brelo 07-01-2013 03:09 PM

Hi everyone,

Been working and haven't checked in for a few days.

Here is a post that shows how much everyone on this forum has gotten into my blood!

So, I have been missing hearing from Scorbett for awhile now. She may have posted something and I missed it somewhere, but anyhow, 2 nights ago I had a dream about her. In my dream I was reading a super long post from Scorbett! She was sharing how there are 100 IP members who were volunteers who were willing to come and stay with anyone who needed help with the ideal protein plan in any way. Except there was one guy named Richard who was an imposter with an ulterior motive so he was not to be trusted. Right about that time, one of my cats crawled in bed with me and I woke up, and I was perturbed because I hadn't gotten to the end of her post yet! But it was so sweet to have that dream.

Anyway, I think you ALL should know how much I have come to care for and appreciate everyone who posts on this site! I did not see that coming! And I truly credit your inspiration and motivation for my own continued success.

Thank you everyone!

tink59 07-01-2013 03:14 PM

I just joined today. I'm both nervous and excited. I want to lose about 40-45 pounds.

tallgirl231 07-01-2013 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brelo (Post 4783771)
Hi everyone,

Been working and haven't checked in for a few days.

Here is a post that shows how much everyone on this forum has gotten into my blood!

So, I have been missing hearing from Scorbett for awhile now. She may have posted something and I missed it somewhere, but anyhow, 2 nights ago I had a dream about her. In my dream I was reading a super long post from Scorbett! She was sharing how there are 100 IP members who were volunteers who were willing to come and stay with anyone who needed help with the ideal protein plan in any way. Except there was one guy named Richard who was an imposter with an ulterior motive so he was not to be trusted. Right about that time, one of my cats crawled in bed with me and I woke up, and I was perturbed because I hadn't gotten to the end of her post yet! But it was so sweet to have that dream.

Anyway, I think you ALL should know how much I have come to care for and appreciate everyone who posts on this site! I did not see that coming! And I truly credit your inspiration and motivation for my own continued success.

Thank you everyone!

Your dream sounds like it could be a reality show! :o

KryssyBee 07-01-2013 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tink59 (Post 4783775)
I just joined today. I'm both nervous and excited. I want to lose about 40-45 pounds.

Welcome!!!

This is a great resource for you! Definitely check out the recipes section. The last thing you want is to be eating the same thing over and over and getting sick from it. If you ever have a question, post it here in the daily thread, someone will always answer!

sarita75 07-01-2013 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisa32989 (Post 4783756)
38? Those tears were 6-8 weeks before my 50th!
Hormones, I tell ya! They are strong!

They are indeed! I have found what is strong, as well, is the need to engage in emotional eating and learning to undo my desire for food. It's hard but very empowering!

Quote:

Originally Posted by 65X65 (Post 4783762)
Oh..LOL...totally get ya on the green peppers!! Go into panic if/when we get down to 1 or 2 in the refrig! Been known to tell my husband there are no extra slices of pepper for his salad at dinner because I need to be sure there are a few slices left while I get to the groc in the AM.....Oh..and can I just say..a pitty party 'cause your 38??? REALLY... Now that's not fair..or funny!! :cry: Actually...not complaining about my life...(just wish I'd been skinny....!!!) And at 38...you have a crack at it!! BRAVO!!

Staring medicare in the eyeball here in a few weeks...I need to figure out how to celebrate staying OP when that happens...Might need more than a green pepper to make my day when that rolls in.

38, I know! I wanted to get to 40 and - for once - be at an ideal weight. This has been my gift to myself this year. I am happy to be on the journey and getting a handle on life and weight, emotional eating, etc. now.

MY3labs 07-01-2013 03:40 PM

Sarita - Great snack when you are craving fruit .Peel and cut Jicama in slices sprinkle with cinnamon (cinnamon is supposedly great for reducing cholesterol ) and enjoy. Tastes a bit like apple and cinnamon but takes a lot longer to eat as Jicama is more fiborous.

Tink59 - Welcome, you'll do fine. Stick around here and you'll get all the advice and inspiration you need! Also read the stickies at the beginning of this forum, LOTS of great info and recipes!

Haven't had a break down yet but, have definitely asked DH to leave room while eating something I can't handle him eating.

For those in Heat remember the IP ice cream. ... Mix IP drink mx as normal pour in to sandwich size Baggie - make sure it sealed tightly. Take gallon size zip lock fill half way with ice, add 1/4 cup salt to ice then put IP baggie inside. Shake for about 5 minutes, unti IP drink is consistency of Ice cream. Remove from gallon size bag, rinse small bag to get salt off, then transfer to dish and Enjoy!

65X65 07-01-2013 03:44 PM

Yogurt?

my3labs..what phase are you in? I've been chugging along in P1 since mid-January and yogurt is not something my clinic/coach says is approved. Really miss greek yogurt for breakfast...and thought that was not going to be allowed until P3. Or are you doing an alternative protocol that allows it in P1?

65X65 07-01-2013 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarita75 (Post 4783793)
They are indeed! I have found what is strong, as well, is the need to engage in emotional eating and learning to undo my desire for food. It's hard but very empowering!

38, I know! I wanted to get to 40 and - for once - be at an ideal weight. This has been my gift to myself this year. I am happy to be on the journey and getting a handle on life and weight, emotional eating, etc. now.

(I was teasing...just so you know.) I look back now at my 30's and remember feeling the panic that time was flying by too fast and not feeling young"...anymore. Perspectives do change, and also we learn balance and how to get what we want as we get older. For me ...all of that just took a lot longer...:doh: ...plus there were no forums like 3FC to help ... Just weekly group sessions like WW...PALEEZE!!!!

brelo 07-01-2013 03:57 PM

Sarita, Your experience with the pizza made me chuckle, although I know it wasn't amusing at the time. Every time I read a little snippet like this on these forums it encourages me for when I am facing a tough decision, thank you for sharing!

tallgirl, sounds like a good idea! I am sure all of the reality shows were probably started by somebody's crazy dream anyway!

tink59, welcome to the Ideal Protein diet, and welcome to this forum. There is an amazing wealth of information and inspiration on this site. I come every day that I am not working (and sometimes when I am) and I always walk away with a little extra something that makes the whole day easier. Stick around and you'll do great!

thinnerJ 07-01-2013 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarita75 (Post 4783749)

Gosh, I can't find original recipe that prompted me to try this but I've just been peeling the jicama then slicing it in the food processor (nice long strips worked well). I then throw the slices in a bowl and mix in a cinnamon to turn it light brown, mix in a packet of stevia and then I lay it out on the dehydrator. I run it at about 115 for several hours (maybe 4-6), depending on how crunchy I want it (I like the crunch!)

The original recipe was for baking it but I've had bad luck baking to make the various chips, things always end up extra brown before they finally have a crunch. Dehydrator has worked well for me.