Old 11-07-2016, 11:18 PM   #1  
banned

Default I feel like I cheated...?

So I saw a recipe on Pinterest for maple soy chicken. I decided to make it using the ingredients i'm certain we're allowed OP. I used about 2 tbsp of the WF maple syrup, 2 tbsp of the Amano brand Tamari sauce and 2 tbsp of apple cider vinegar. Baked the 8 oz of chicken in it until crispy then added garlic and left it to sit for a while. It turned out great, and tasted just like honey garlic chicken wings. But I'm new to the plan and having a hard time determining if this was all okay? My papers definitely say the WF syrup, ACV and Tamari sauce are all fine. It just didn't say amounts. Any thoughts?

Last edited by 3FCer392743; 11-07-2016 at 11:18 PM.
3FCer392743 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 12:10 AM   #2  
IP Start Date 8/29/14

S/C/G: 231.5/168/168

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hlrd View Post
So I saw a recipe on Pinterest for maple soy chicken. I decided to make it using the ingredients i'm certain we're allowed OP. I used about 2 tbsp of the WF maple syrup, 2 tbsp of the Amano brand Tamari sauce and 2 tbsp of apple cider vinegar. Baked the 8 oz of chicken in it until crispy then added garlic and left it to sit for a while. It turned out great, and tasted just like honey garlic chicken wings. But I'm new to the plan and having a hard time determining if this was all okay? My papers definitely say the WF syrup, ACV and Tamari sauce are all fine. It just didn't say amounts. Any thoughts?
It is amazing how we drive ourselves crazy like this. We gain weight with a bit of mindless eating or at least not caring the consequences at that time, but then we stress about things like this. I do this all the time. I am not poking fun at you so please don't take it that way - I just find it funny that this sounds so much like me.

I think you are all good :-)
Ro22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 12:19 PM   #3  
banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro22 View Post
It is amazing how we drive ourselves crazy like this. We gain weight with a bit of mindless eating or at least not caring the consequences at that time, but then we stress about things like this. I do this all the time. I am not poking fun at you so please don't take it that way - I just find it funny that this sounds so much like me.

I think you are all good :-)
haha so true! Thanks maybe im just paranoid. Anyone have clarification on how much of the maple syrup we're allowed anyway? I cant seem to find it...
3FCer392743 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 12:37 PM   #4  
IP Start Date 8/29/14

S/C/G: 231.5/168/168

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hlrd View Post
haha so true! Thanks maybe im just paranoid. Anyone have clarification on how much of the maple syrup we're allowed anyway? I cant seem to find it...
I think the info on this is all over the place. I have read here that one coach counts each T as an extra and they are allowed like 5 extras a day or something like that. My coach would say a few T but never defined what a few was and because he said I was a model client in terms of ideal weight loss, I never worried about it. One day it struck me that I never discussed lemon juice with him, and I almost had a panic attack and called him immediately and asked if we could have that and he said yes. I never told him that for me this was 2 lemons a day - 1/2 lemon juice per my L of water and I would have 4 of those a day. But, once again, he just kept telling me to keep doing what I was doing as the results were perfect. I find myself much more obsessive now then when I first did IP the first time.

I don't think your recipe is anywhere close to being excessive.
I think a few T of maple syrup is just fine so 3-4 I would say. Obviously, the fewer the better but I don't this quantity is an issue.
But, if you experience a stall or slow down, then you know to cut back. I lost consistently but I didn't use any extra sweetener - only what was in the packets of WF dressing or syrup so I think you need to factor in if you are using any added sweetener. That is the one thing I would be very diligent about trying to avoid.

I always thought it was strange that on IP, I do not go into deep ketosis like I do with keto. My keto coach had 10 clients that switched from IP so he was quite familiar with this. So, when people talk about getting knocked out of ketosis on IP, I don't fully grasp that as you are not deep in ketosis on IP. Through my own testing I have found that it is hard to knock myself out of light ketosis, more easy to do it from deep ketosis (1.5 - 3.0) to under 1.
Ro22 is offline   Reply With Quote