Old 05-29-2013, 07:39 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 204/164/150

Height: 5'6

I could have written this same post. I wanted to get to 150 because I thought that was the weight I needed to be to fit into my goal jeans...but once I hit 160 on my scale and could fit into my goal jeans, it's like I lost my focus. I completely agree with some of the comments about burn out. I have a lot going on in my life and I've been trying to incorporate exercise which doesn't leave as much time for cooking. My daughter is 19 months and is more active now that the weather is nicer and I would rather spend time with her after work than stand in the kitchen and chop vegetables...so I've taken short cuts. My husband has out stove/oven in the middle of the kitchen so I can't cook. Little tiny cheats--like we've been ordering out and I haven't asked for "no cheese" on my salad or I've nibbled on some fries...or let my daughter feed me part of her cookie...I've had some TMJ pain from the stress I'm under and to cope with that pain is exhausting...I was sick last week and took cough medicine that landed me in the ER so I ate bread and carbs to soothe my stomach.

And I just realized that I've just provided a complete list of excuses as to why I can't commit to losing the last 10lbs!

I find the point that some of you brought up about being scared of the "new" me very interesting and enlightening...I think that I am afraid to get there because I'm afraid I won't be able to maintain it.

I've been 150lbs or less before (2006) and for reasons unknown to me, I started packing on weight, no matter what I did...I think I'm afraid of disappointing myself...so I'm not letting myself get there??

I think I need to go look in the mirror and give myself a good talkin' to!!
anigurl715 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 08:59 AM   #17  

First I do not like the word "cheat." Every thing we decide to eat or not eat is a choice, not a "cheat." It is complicated. Most of us if not all of us who read the posts on this forum have struggled with some aspect of our weight for most of our lives. For me, I felt like I needed to try something different about this time last year to take off 10 pounds and ended up losing 25 pounds. I have written this before but it was like magic. I have never lost weight so easily. I was very focused and determined and it was a blast. I did it mostly with alternatives after deciding the cost of IP packets was too much and not having a very involved coach or clinic situation in my town and not wanting to drive 30+ miles for weekly status checks. I have also exercised the entire time except for a few lapses during the winter months. I maintained my loss for months but this past spring about 5 pounds crept back on. Now I am trying to decide what my maintainable weight is. I have also found that my system cannot tolerate certain products like WF or anything with a lot of sugar alcohols in it--not sure if I used too much of those things early on and now I can't use them at all or have digestive issues I'd rather not experience. So I can't decide if I am just "burnt out" of thinking about IP-eating, is my maintainable weight higher than what I was able to get down to, am I just being lazy and sloppy?! All I know is it is tons harder now than it was last summer--I continue to exercise regularly and my typical day of eating isn't all that "off." I will keep trying to figure it out but I also want to quit thinking about what I eat or do not eat all the time, it's exhausting.
swerdna59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 09:24 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 178/start IP 159.8/134.8/130

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingit50 View Post

"I am officially 8 lbs from my self-chosen weight goal of 150 lbs. The loss has gotten so difficult (scale is totally creeping) for the past month. And, I am really hungry, more than I have been since I started the program in February. I know people struggle with when to phase and it is personal but I am asking those who understand how they made that decision.

I want to get the last 8 lbs off BUT I am ready to phase off because I want to eat something different this summer. I HAVE not cheated and won't, so this has got to be a shift in my choice. Coach recommended phasing off.

Another option which feels completely good right now is to phase off now and return in September. Thoughts??"

I think you have done a fantastic job and know exactly what you need to do for yourself at this point. I am in the same boat as you and am choosing that last option in your post but hoping through exercise and phase 4 I can get those last 5 pounds off. Good luck to you - I know you can do it!
Happymomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 10:44 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 186.6/126.8/125

Height: 5'5"

I'm going through the EXACT same feelings! I'm only 6 lbs from goal and am having such a HARD time getting these last few pound off. My original goal was 140, I reached that and wasn't quite happy with my body, so I decided to extend it to 130. I'm struggling with getting there. I was OP up until last weekend and since I hadn't lost any weight in TWO weeks, I figured, what the ****, and had some popcorn. ugh. I hated myself afterward. I'm afraid to step on the scale now for fear I've GAINED.

I'm really struggling with what to do...just go into maintenance or continue the fight and FINISH what I started. I really want to finish what I started, I feel I've come to far to "fail".
Suchawittygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 11:15 AM   #20  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
Elly I noticed your "new" goal is 150. Maybe if you settled for your original goal for a while and see if you can maintain that you may decide you like it there. If not then you can try again to get to your lower goal.

Pat
I was going to suggest this. Diet fatigue is a real thing both physically (hormones) and mentally.

You're going to be maintaining for a lifetime and keeping the weight off is the hard part so why not practice for a couple weeks at least and then return to dieting?

Last edited by JohnP; 05-29-2013 at 10:58 PM.
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 12:45 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 0/37/35-50 lbs lost

Hi - I lost 37 labs a couple of years ago. kept it off for a year and a half. I had little 5 lbs. up and downs. Because I too lost so much more weight than I ever thought was possible I wasn't sure what my goal was going to be. Keeping that original 37 was 7 more than what my original goal was going to be. Well, eventually I regained 18 of the 37 and recently lost 11 of that. My son is getting married in September and I wanted to relose the weight. It's a pretty good motivator. But, of course I've had some additional bad stress added to my life (who doesn't sometimes!) but waws back on a good roll, until last night! Sorry about my intricate explanation but I need to say it to people who understand.I don't mention my actual weights, not because I don't trust all of you but because there are people in my life that I don't ever want to know the real numbers. When I started I was wearing size 14 for a little while and had blood sugar problems. I got down to size 6 - 8 which was great. I'm back into some 8s. Last night I had a major binge. I think I know what triggered it. But I should have just come here to IP for a pep talk. I'm so angry at myself! I haven't been exercising since I went back on plan - don't know if I should go to the health club - I'd have to run a marathon to burn all this off. A lot of the people I used to know on IP seemed to have3 moved on. I feel like an alcoholic who went on a binge with mouthwash! Just dumb, dumb, dumb. I guess what I'm saying is, I've figured out why, and I'm recommitted, but I still need you IPers. Wish I had come on line and seen this thread. I think it would have helped. Thanks for listening! I love this diet!
deelee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 10:57 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 165/160/120

Quote:
Originally Posted by swerdna59 View Post
First I do not like the word "cheat." Every thing we decide to eat or not eat is a choice, not a "cheat." It is complicated. Most of us if not all of us who read the posts on this forum have struggled with some aspect of our weight for most of our lives. For me, I felt like I needed to try something different about this time last year to take off 10 pounds and ended up losing 25 pounds. I have written this before but it was like magic. I have never lost weight so easily. I was very focused and determined and it was a blast. I did it mostly with alternatives after deciding the cost of IP packets was too much and not having a very involved coach or clinic situation in my town and not wanting to drive 30+ miles for weekly status checks. I have also exercised the entire time except for a few lapses during the winter months. I maintained my loss for months but this past spring about 5 pounds crept back on. Now I am trying to decide what my maintainable weight is. I have also found that my system cannot tolerate certain products like WF or anything with a lot of sugar alcohols in it--not sure if I used too much of those things early on and now I can't use them at all or have digestive issues I'd rather not experience. So I can't decide if I am just "burnt out" of thinking about IP-eating, is my maintainable weight higher than what I was able to get down to, am I just being lazy and sloppy?! All I know is it is tons harder now than it was last summer--I continue to exercise regularly and my typical day of eating isn't all that "off." I will keep trying to figure it out but I also want to quit thinking about what I eat or do not eat all the time, it's exhausting.
Congrats on last year's loss! I think it is harder to think "wow, I've got to go through all of that again...ie salads." How much did you exercise last year? I wonder if light walking...(3mph for 30 minutes) would slow my losses?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suchawittygal View Post
I'm going through the EXACT same feelings! I'm only 6 lbs from goal and am having such a HARD time getting these last few pound off. My original goal was 140, I reached that and wasn't quite happy with my body, so I decided to extend it to 130. I'm struggling with getting there. I was OP up until last weekend and since I hadn't lost any weight in TWO weeks, I figured, what the ****, and had some popcorn. ugh. I hated myself afterward. I'm afraid to step on the scale now for fear I've GAINED.

I'm really struggling with what to do...just go into maintenance or continue the fight and FINISH what I started. I really want to finish what I started, I feel I've come to far to "fail".
You'd be so proud of yourself if you stick it out...you are so close!!! Just get right back on track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deelee10 View Post
Hi - I lost 37 labs a couple of years ago. kept it off for a year and a half. I had little 5 lbs. up and downs. Because I too lost so much more weight than I ever thought was possible I wasn't sure what my goal was going to be. Keeping that original 37 was 7 more than what my original goal was going to be. Well, eventually I regained 18 of the 37 and recently lost 11 of that. My son is getting married in September and I wanted to relose the weight. It's a pretty good motivator. But, of course I've had some additional bad stress added to my life (who doesn't sometimes!) but waws back on a good roll, until last night! Sorry about my intricate explanation but I need to say it to people who understand.I don't mention my actual weights, not because I don't trust all of you but because there are people in my life that I don't ever want to know the real numbers. When I started I was wearing size 14 for a little while and had blood sugar problems. I got down to size 6 - 8 which was great. I'm back into some 8s. Last night I had a major binge. I think I know what triggered it. But I should have just come here to IP for a pep talk. I'm so angry at myself! I haven't been exercising since I went back on plan - don't know if I should go to the health club - I'd have to run a marathon to burn all this off. A lot of the people I used to know on IP seemed to have3 moved on. I feel like an alcoholic who went on a binge with mouthwash! Just dumb, dumb, dumb. I guess what I'm saying is, I've figured out why, and I'm recommitted, but I still need you IPers. Wish I had come on line and seen this thread. I think it would have helped. Thanks for listening! I love this diet!
I know EXACTLY how you feel. I did really well for 2 weeks, then fell off the wagon again...and hard. when i do that, i just eat & eat even though i'm not hungry. well i've had enough...My goals for now will be to first make it 2 full weeks then get a reward...something small of course. Goal #2 will be to make it to July 4th. Ultimately, I want to loose 40 lbs...and Keep It Off!!!
FitGirl2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 04:18 PM   #23  
Started IP Oct 14 2012

S/C/G: 236/169/150

Height: 5'6

Thank you all for the great advice. I'm almost going on a week with no cheats. I've decided to begin phasing off in three weeks even if I do or do not reach my 150 goal.
EllyElle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 08:42 PM   #24  

FitGirl2014...I am pretty faithful to running about 2 miles a day. I prefer to go outside but do not like to be out alone in the dark or when it's too cold and then use my treadmill. Sometimes I walk it instead but I do like to run. I was also doing the 30-day shred here and there for something different and have just started doing some yoga as well--wanted to add something new this summer so going to keep on doing my running and then add some yoga and zumba as well. I exercised from day #1 and it didn't seem to impact my losses when I was doing a strict P1. Even now when I am trying to figure out how to maintain, exercising helps me in a lot of ways. If nothing else it's a great stress reliever and a time when I am focusing on the exercising and nothing else so it's worth it for that alone.

Last edited by swerdna59; 05-31-2013 at 08:43 PM.
swerdna59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 09:18 PM   #25  
Started May 13,2013

S/C/G: 165/147/135

Height: 5'2"

I can soo relate to this I know Im scared of not being able to keep it off. Two years ago I got down to 140 on Weight Watchers and for some stupid reason let myself gain most back.

QUOTE=anigurl715;4755791]I could have written this same post. I wanted to get to 150 because I thought that was the weight I needed to be to fit into my goal jeans...but once I hit 160 on my scale and could fit into my goal jeans, it's like I lost my focus. I completely agree with some of the comments about burn out. I have a lot going on in my life and I've been trying to incorporate exercise which doesn't leave as much time for cooking. My daughter is 19 months and is more active now that the weather is nicer and I would rather spend time with her after work than stand in the kitchen and chop vegetables...so I've taken short cuts. My husband has out stove/oven in the middle of the kitchen so I can't cook. Little tiny cheats--like we've been ordering out and I haven't asked for "no cheese" on my salad or I've nibbled on some fries...or let my daughter feed me part of her cookie...I've had some TMJ pain from the stress I'm under and to cope with that pain is exhausting...I was sick last week and took cough medicine that landed me in the ER so I ate bread and carbs to soothe my stomach.

And I just realized that I've just provided a complete list of excuses as to why I can't commit to losing the last 10lbs!

I find the point that some of you brought up about being scared of the "new" me very interesting and enlightening...I think that I am afraid to get there because I'm afraid I won't be able to maintain it.

I've been 150lbs or less before (2006) and for reasons unknown to me, I started packing on weight, no matter what I did...I think I'm afraid of disappointing myself...so I'm not letting myself get there??

I think I need to go look in the mirror and give myself a good talkin' to!! [/QUOTE]
Camcolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 08:07 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 176/152/140

Height: 5'4"

Ellyelle...you look so beautiful! Don't forget to congratulate yourself on how far you've come!
musicsmylife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 08:58 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 174/174/125

Height: 5' 2"

Gosh!! I can totally relate to all if you!!! I have 10 pounds left and haven't been able to stay on plan since losing my beloved dog 3 weeks ago!!! The sudden major hair loss is also playing a major part too-I would rather be 10 pounds overweight than bald.
I think I will try to stay the course for another few weeks then start phasing off. So thankful for this forum!!
LizJazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 09:06 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 133.9/123.3/113

Height: 5'1.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllyElle View Post
I am 9 pounds away from my goal and cannot stop cheating. I did not cheat for the first 6 months of IP. However, the month of May has been a complete write-off, I've cheated every single weekend.

I really need some support. Being unable to get back on program has been very stressful and is really taking a toll on me emotionally. What have you guys done to keep you motivated? What do you do to keep on track?

HELP!
What phase are you in? Are you doing this with support? I didn't cheat at all in phase 1 or phase 2. In phase 3 I occasionally cheated because I rationalized that if I could have it for breakfast, I could also have it later in the day. And I am already below goal weight so I cheated thinking "so what if I gain a pound?" I guess that doesn't make it right. Just keep popping on here ( 3 fat chicks forum) and reading all the success stories. That keeps me going! Remember you are only human!
Jen02719 is offline   Reply With Quote