3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat Tuesday 5-14-13 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/281555-ip-daily-chat-tuesday-5-14-13-a.html)

Doctorblue 05-14-2013 05:01 AM

IP Daily Chat Tuesday 5-14-13

:welcome3:
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
and here Fun with Veggie Purees!
and also here Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
Are currently residing in the the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website

Doctorblue 05-14-2013 05:03 AM

Good morning all! I have a busy day planned this morning. So much to do, so little time!

loopers 05-14-2013 06:21 AM

Made it past day 1 of full-bore IP with a 5lb water loss! I peed SO MUCH yesterday I couldn't resist weighing in this morning! Headache has set in, let's hope it passes quickly!

Have a wonderful day everyone!

lisa32989 05-14-2013 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loopers (Post 4740642)
Made it past day 1 of full-bore IP with a 5lb water loss! I peed SO MUCH yesterday I couldn't resist weighing in this morning! Headache has set in, let's hope it passes quickly!

Add a dash of salt to your water. It helps with the headaches and keeps the electrolyte balance as your body gets used to drinking all the water. Just enough so it doesn't taste like salt water.

loopers 05-14-2013 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisa32989 (Post 4740643)
Add a dash of salt to your water. It helps with the headaches and keeps the electrolyte balance as your body gets used to drinking all the water. Just enough so it doesn't taste like salt water.

I am certainly going to try that! Thanks Lisa!

JulieT68 05-14-2013 07:08 AM

Great Job loopers! Have a great day everyone! I am slowly starting to see the scale move more and more! So excited to have warm weather and sunshine!

A1Texan 05-14-2013 08:19 AM

I made Amber's Rhubarb Crisp yesterday and it was great. I have never tried Rhubarb before but now I'm hooked. I know I can only have it once or twice a week but it will be in the rotation :)

IdealProteinNewbie 05-14-2013 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A1Texan (Post 4740732)
I made Amber's Rhubarb Crisp yesterday and it was great. I have never tried Rhubarb before but now I'm hooked. I know I can only have it once or twice a week but it will be in the rotation :)

Rhubarb is a 'select' veggie...you can have it every single day if you want!

PS. Look at you, cooking up a storm! I remember when your oven was used for storage!

IdealProteinNewbie 05-14-2013 09:21 AM

Kaceroo: Your pictures from yesterday's daily are amazing, you look beautiful!

workingit50 05-14-2013 09:30 AM

Good morning! I am not a very adventurous IP cook but last night I took a alternative cheesecake pudding mix and an IP choc pudding mix and made a layered parfait pudding. Had one last night and super psyched to have the other one today. It was filling, satisfying and a yummy dessert!!!!!!!!!!!!

IdealProteinNewbie 05-14-2013 09:32 AM

Hate to be the bearer of disapointing news, but lemon puffs (along with Double Chocolate and White Chocolate Cinnamon bars) are being discontinued.

Once inventory is depleted they are gone, so stock up if they're your favorites!

SylviesGirl 05-14-2013 09:46 AM

Not feeling that great today. My evening took an unexpected turn last night, and I ate dinner 3 hours late. By then I was panicky-hungry. I haven't felt right ever since -- a bit headachey and nauseated. I'm also in the middle of TOM. Anyone have any advice? I've done the salt. Thanks.

Halfagain 05-14-2013 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suchawittygal (Post 4740732)
Hello everyone! DH has been in the hospital for the past 4 days, he just got out today :-/ I haven't been getting in my 4 cups of veggies this weekend, so I hope it hasn't messed me up too much.

I'm kinda bummed, I can't seem to get my IP supplements through the plainprotein site anymore. There doesn't seem to be hardly any IP products available online anymore. I guess I'll have to find something close to those through GNC or something. Anyone have any suggestions??

I'm still plugging along, I have 7 lbs to go to goal, getting there slowly, but surely.

Texan...CONGRATS on fitting into that letterman's jacket! That's gotta feel GREAT! You're doing a wonderful job, keep up the great work!!

Your post from yesterday was at the very end, so though I don't have an answer on the supplements, wanted to say I'm glad you DH is out of the hospital, and give you a :hug:. Hopefully someone will respond on the supplements that has better info than I.

kbrumley80 05-14-2013 10:22 AM

Good Morning! - so happy I have found this diet..... I can't believe I am even dieting with no cravings....It is awesome!

A1Texan 05-14-2013 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie (Post 4740788)
Rhubarb is a 'select' veggie...you can have it every single day if you want!

PS. Look at you, cooking up a storm! I remember when your oven was used for storage!

WOW - That's great to know. I'll make some more tonight. I can't believe it myself and all my friends are equally shocked that I'm cooking. Those recipes from Amber and Rainbow just look too good not to try. :D