Old 05-08-2013, 10:51 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 230/226/175

Height: 5'8"

Post New to IP using Alternatives & having cravings

Today is my 3rd day on the IP diet using Alternatives. The first day I tried to use my husbands protein powder (trying to save money) instead of a protein shake & I got sick. So no longer using his & I went & bought EAS Carb Control Shakes. They are very good & don't have a gritty taste like the powder stuff did. My second day everything went ok til I started to have pains in my chest when I breathed in. I woke up this morning feeling a lot better but now I have a headache. UGH!. I stepped on the scale this morning & lost 4lbs! I'm happy . So far so good!!!!
I am just having a lot of cravings right now. My hubby bought the kids Pringles while I was at work ( I work nights til 3am) and I came home & saw them and I immediately wanted one but I so far have been able to resist. I also am a drinker (3 drinks a night) and I haven't had alcohol for 2 days & its been hard. I also work at a sports bar so that doesn't help.
Anyone know how long it takes for cravings go away? I really want to stick to the IP diet and make my goal weight.
rustyann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 11:00 AM   #2  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

They should go away in the next day or two, along with the headache and other carb withdrawal symptoms.

Hang in there!
ragdoll74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 11:10 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 230/226/175

Height: 5'8"

So its the carb withdrawals im having? I hope that's it. My hubby said the first week is the worst & I should be ok after that. Is that true?

Last edited by rustyann; 05-08-2013 at 11:11 AM.
rustyann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 12:00 PM   #4  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Carb withdrawal is a funny thing. I almost gave up on day 3 I felt so horrible and thought if my body is reacting like this to IP then it can't be good. The next morning I stepped on the scale and was down 4 lbs and thought a few more days won't kill me. =) I felt much better by day 5.

Days 2-4 I had headaches, nausea, feverish, heart would start racing and I was exhausted. I slept most of days 3 & 4 to help deal with it.

After you get past that you should start to feel really good.
ragdoll74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 12:10 PM   #5  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

You should be out of the woods with carb withdrawal in the next day or so.

Just remember that those cravings - they aren't the body wanting food or drink...they are your HEAD trying to get you to put stuff in your face! Even when the hard first week is over, you will have to do a little mental battle with your head cravings. IP is fantastic for learning what TRUE hunger is, so that you can win those battles!
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 12:12 PM   #6  
Started IP 2/13/13

S/C/G: 248/123/123

Height: 5'2"

I had what Ragdoll described. I was pretty sure my heart was going to pound out of my chest, and it scared me. Also had hot flashes and feelings of cold sweat like a fever, blinding headache. But I stuck with it and by day 5 felt MUCH better. I'm 12 weeks in now and feel better than I have in years and years. Your body is just adjusting. I'm sure stopping the drinking won't be easy either, but once you come out on the other side you will be so glad.

Sending you some for the next couple of days!!
SylviesGirl is offline   Reply With Quote