Old 09-12-2013, 12:51 AM   #106  

S/C/G: Reboot 2014

Height: 5' 5"

At work today 4 people asked meif I got a haircut. I guess they see that something is different
berteau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 05:10 PM   #107  

S/C/G: 292/278.9/170

Height: 5 feet 7 inches

Bump :-)
Cath138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 03:22 PM   #108  
Started IP 2/13/13

S/C/G: 248/123/123

Height: 5'2"

Now that I'm thinner . . . nothing hurts!

I can't believe how many aches & pains I used to have and accept as just part of my daily life. I'm not sure it even ever occurred to me that my weight was contributing to it all.

Today, I can say that nothing hurts, and that is amazing to me. Not my hip, not my knees, not my ribs, my ovarian cyst has resolved, and my menstrual cramps are much more tolerable.

While riding a bike (for the first time in decades) the other night, I fell. Admittedly, I was barely moving -- and it was super embarrassing -- but I was not hurt. I have a bruised knee, scraped up ankle, and a bruised hand. (But, 3 days later -- nothing hurts!) Had this happened when I was heavier, I am sure I would have sprained, if not broken, something.
SylviesGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 04:36 PM   #109  

S/C/G: 195/183/145

Height: 5'5"

What a great thread!

I will wait on my responses, but from my husband (down 130 lbs):

He clicked the airplane seatbelt and looked at me, "I've never been able to do that before!"

I have to walk faster to keep up with him, when before I would have to wait for him.

He smiles so much more.

He likes to go out so much more.

He likes clothes so much more!

He is cold all the time!

We have less medications and more "fun" money!

Last edited by Pilgrimage; 05-13-2014 at 04:38 PM.
Pilgrimage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 10:58 AM   #110  

S/C/G: 215/159.2/135

Height: 5'4

I am planning a backpacking trip and I have confidence that I can make the hike with a pack on that weighs as much as I have lost! I've been wanting to go for a couple of years now but knew that it would be a struggle hiking up a mountain with my 200+ body plus a pack - Now I know I can do it!!!
murphypuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 11:28 AM   #111  
New Englandah

Now that I am thinner

My breasticles no longer rest on my belly cause its gone.
I have a new avatar. I haven't seen the scale that low in a very long time.
AnaBanana11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 05:40 PM   #112  
My own kind of beautiful

S/C/G: 334/245/175

Height: 5'5"

Now that I'm thinner, I have choices of fashion styles! I also can be picky about the clothes I buy at goodwill (Love thrift shopping!)
Deana509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 12:36 AM   #113  
Loving Ideal Protein!

S/C/G: 252/ticker/130

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnaBanana11 View Post
Now that I am thinner

My breasticles no longer rest on my belly cause its gone.
I have a new avatar. I haven't seen the scale that low in a very long time.
CONGRATS ON THE NEW AVATAR.

I'M IMPRESSED!
IPCali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 05:35 AM   #114  

S/C/G: 169/153.8/135

Height: 5'3"

now that I'm thinner none of my clothes fit me because they're too big!!! yay-off next week and will be hitting some thrift shops - long overdue - will be weighing myself after work today for my weekly weigh in

have a good one
maureen kempster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 08:50 AM   #115  
Started IP 2/13/13

Now that I'm thinner . . . I can shop in the vintage clothing stores I was always so afraid to go into. I feared that they would take one look at the very-overweight me and think they were saving me time by saying, "Sorry, we have nothing in here that would fit you." And then, of course, I would fall to the ground, dead from embarrassment. As irrational as that probably was, that is how I felt and how I lived until very recently.

Yesterday, I actually entered the vintage clothing store and with contrived confidence. My confidence became more real as I paged through the racks and, rather than wondering what I could fit into, looked at each piece of clothing with an eye toward whether I liked it or not. I had choices!

Everything I tried on fit. (I almost fell to the floor, dead from astonishment!) I left with a cute little summer sleeveless shift dress -- in bright orange. Never before would I have considered bright orange, let alone sleeveless. Once I got outside the store, I just wanted to cry. A dream has come true, a goal has been realized. I almost can't believe it.
Old 05-16-2014, 09:37 AM   #116  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Yay Sylviesgirl!
Slipfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 01:41 PM   #117  
New Englandah

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPCali View Post
CONGRATS ON THE NEW AVATAR.

I'M IMPRESSED!

THANK YOU!!!!!
AnaBanana11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 03:31 PM   #118  
Started IP 2/13/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
Congratulations! ... It is sad to think I let all those years pass being afraid and embarrassed to shop. ...
Isn't this the truth? And, know what? Yesterday, I was in one of my favorite little boutiques . . . where I would always stick only to the jewelry & housewares sections, not brave enough to look at the clothes. Well, yesterday I went on the clothing side and know what I saw?? Two ladies in there trying on everything under the sun, with the help of the shop owner. These ladies were more than ample size. One was very close to where I was 100 lbs ago! I never even considered that there would be anything in there for me at that size . . . but there was. I just had never looked.

We are doing way more than losing weight -- we are gaining confidence and the ability to accept more of what life has to offer. So much of it, I think, was always there for the taking . . . we just didn't dare look for it before. That's sad.
Old 05-17-2014, 02:10 AM   #119  
Loving Ideal Protein!

S/C/G: 252/ticker/130

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SylviesGirl View Post
Now that I'm thinner . . . I can shop in the vintage clothing stores I was always so afraid to go into. I feared that they would take one look at the very-overweight me and think they were saving me time by saying, "Sorry, we have nothing in here that would fit you." And then, of course, I would fall to the ground, dead from embarrassment. As irrational as that probably was, that is how I felt and how I lived until very recently.

Yesterday, I actually entered the vintage clothing store and with contrived confidence. My confidence became more real as I paged through the racks and, rather than wondering what I could fit into, looked at each piece of clothing with an eye toward whether I liked it or not. I had choices!

Everything I tried on fit. (I almost fell to the floor, dead from astonishment!) I left with a cute little summer sleeveless shift dress -- in bright orange. Never before would I have considered bright orange, let alone sleeveless. Once I got outside the store, I just wanted to cry. A dream has come true, a goal has been realized. I almost can't believe it.
What a beautiful story.

Heart gripping and inspiring.

God bless you.
IPCali is offline   Reply With Quote