IP Phase 1 week 2 Feeling sick every time I eat

• I'm on week 2 of Phase 1. The first week was a piece of cake - ok how about a piece of broccoli? This 2nd week however has been difficult. Every time I eat I feel extremely full and sick to my stomach after 2 bites. Has anyone experienced this? Any helpful hints?
  • I am on week 5 and feeling VERY ill. I had tocut my veggies way back due to digestive issues and I can barely stomach anything right now. I had to break down and eat a piece of toast because that was all I could stomach. I too wonder if others are having issues. Would love some solutions as I am about ready to throw in the towel as I cannot keep feeling this way. Good thing is I am down 15 lbs in 4 weeks so that is a good motivator!
  • I felt like that in the beginning, to the point of avoiding eating (who knew?). My coach said to eat everything on the sheet (I did not do salads, and sometimes don't now either), so I just forced myself to eat it. It would take me all evening at times to get it all down.

After a couple of weeks, that all went away and I no longer had that terrible "full" feeling, and I was even hungry often!
  • Quote: I am on week 5 and feeling VERY ill. I had tocut my veggies way back due to digestive issues and I can barely stomach anything right now. I had to break down and eat a piece of toast because that was all I could stomach. I too wonder if others are having issues. Would love some solutions as I am about ready to throw in the towel as I cannot keep feeling this way. Good thing is I am down 15 lbs in 4 weeks so that is a good motivator!
    This is understandable the first couple of weeks but you should NOT be feeling like this in week 5

My guess is a sensitivity to a product. Common ones I've seen on the threads are the soy and the artifial sweeteners. Also, other places, I've read cooked veggies are easier on the system than raw.

For the sensitivities, check with your coach or your doctor.
  • Thanks for the hint on cooked veggies - I'm a big fan of raw veggies at lunch and that's when it's the worst. I'll try cooked veggies!