Old 05-17-2013, 09:52 AM   #1  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Default Pep Talk - Let's hear yours

What is your Pep Talk to yourself or others lately?
Here's mine:
Thinking ahead to maintenance we will strive for those no gain weeks. While we want to loose every week until maintenance, those weeks I do not loose or even gain, I have to shift my mind to the big picture. We're not in this for just a day, month, or even a year. To do this right, we are in this watching what we eat and having control over our weight by the food/exercise choices we make, for life. Some may find that depressing, but being so overweight was depressing in itself. This weight loss is something we can and will maintain, so in the big scheme of things as long as we stay on program we are having a huge success - regardless of what that scale says.

Last edited by Halfagain; 05-17-2013 at 09:55 AM.
Halfagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 12:06 PM   #2  
Started IP 2/13/13

S/C/G: 248/123/123

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfagain View Post
What is your Pep Talk to yourself or others lately?
Here's mine:
Thinking ahead to maintenance we will strive for those no gain weeks. While we want to loose every week until maintenance, those weeks I do not loose or even gain, I have to shift my mind to the big picture. We're not in this for just a day, month, or even a year. To do this right, we are in this watching what we eat and having control over our weight by the food/exercise choices we make, for life. Some may find that depressing, but being so overweight was depressing in itself. This weight loss is something we can and will maintain, so in the big scheme of things as long as we stay on program we are having a huge success - regardless of what that scale says.
I love this. You are so right. I have been getting a bit freaked about maintenance (as if I am anywhere near that) and gaining it all back. It seems so unfathomable to me now, but I know it can happen so very easily.

I haven't really developed a peptalk of my own yet. I do know that when I start over-analyzing and thinking too much about things is when I get into trouble. I either find something to worry about and it starts to shake my faith in the plan, or I start rationalizing a small deviance from the plan. My mantra is: "I'm not even discussing it." And then I change the subject in my mind. I've made up my mind that I am doing this, and I am not even going to discuss it with myself anymore. So far, that is getting me through and keeping me strictly OP. You are right, though, that it is never too early to begin the mental gymnastics of preparing for maintenance. I saw someone recommend The Beck Diet Solution yesterday, and I ordered it.
SylviesGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 01:11 PM   #3  
Claim it ,Achieve it!

S/C/G: 212/104.2/120

Height: 5'2"

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway" John Wayne

I got your back (me)

Believe it ! Claim it! Achieve it!(me)

People will always have some type of comment to make about you, unless I value their opinion.... It slides off my back like water off a Duck's back!

Stop using the excuses of what happen in your past determines your future.
Some people love to carry their wrongs as a badge of honor ...drop the Crap it makes it soo much easier to Soar!
Do you want to be Pathetic or Powerful you choose !! it is impossible to be Both!

When I was a kid my mom always said ...Can't never can do anything!!

Excuses are just rationales for for our own failings..and keeps us from facing the truth .
Handle your business or your business will handle you!
Kick your own butt before others do it for you!
Happiness is a choice....

Misery loves company
You have to let go...in order to grab on!

I am in maintenance .... This is a part of my life not the Focus....of my life!
I am doing well....cuz I have got my head in the game!
There are no secrets or magic bullets....having a positive outlook in life ...and owning my own mistakes ...
My IP Coach was Top Notch!
I never blamed anyone for me being Fat .... it was all me!
If I allow myself to Gain ! It will be all Me!
Don't Throw yourself a Pity Party ...drains your energy
When I have a slip ....I do not waste time on the Self Hate Helplessness ...just make readjustments and move forward!
You can not March On ..in life if your shriveled up in a ball licking your wounds
Hope you find this useful, I believe in telling myself the truth...it has worked for me in all areas of my life!
Good Luck in maintaining ....
Roo2
Roo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 01:33 PM   #4  
Reboot Jan 2018

Height: 5'7"

Honestly for me the only pep talk I needed then and now is every morning when I get up and look in the mirror and see the new me and knowing that I will do everything I can to keep seeing that image.
Cheekyskeeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 01:37 PM   #5  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Hmm. It is a little more base for me. Along the lines of "I am ripping this up and will kick it's silly little @rse to the curb."
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 04:56 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 178/start IP 159.8/134.8/130

Height: 5'3"

All I need is to look at my 2 kids and my husband every day and know that they deserve a healthy, happy me. I look in the mirror and finally see myself and know that , yes life is good. I'm never going back!

Last edited by Happymomof2; 05-17-2013 at 04:57 PM.
Happymomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote