Old 06-05-2011, 09:50 PM   #1  

Default EAS Low Carb shakes and bars and Ideal Protein Diet

I am on Ideal Protein and because my bank account seems to shrink more than me I am needing to change directions. I have heard about EAS Shakes and Bars and wonder what other's think about my thoughts on eating and drinking EAS instead of Ideal Protein. Maybe you have a better solution.
msbrau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 10:10 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 460/411/150 24" lost!

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by msbrau View Post
I am on Ideal Protein and because my bank account seems to shrink more than me I am needing to change directions. I have heard about EAS Shakes and Bars and wonder what other's think about my thoughts on eating and drinking EAS instead of Ideal Protein. Maybe you have a better solution.
I haven't had any of their bars (hard to find in my area) but I really like the shakes. I've had the chocolate fudge, dark chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry. All good. And I'm losing just fine with them (except in the wallet! YAY!) My bars are from Nashua Nutrition's website. Very good too!
NannyOgg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 10:15 PM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by NannyOgg View Post
I haven't had any of their bars (hard to find in my area) but I really like the shakes. I've had the chocolate fudge, dark chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry. All good. And I'm losing just fine with them (except in the wallet! YAY!) My bars are from Nashua Nutrition's website. Very good too!
Hey Thanks for the feedback. Did you originally start on Ideal Protein? Would you mind sharing your daily eating plan?
msbrau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 10:36 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 247/189/145

Height: 5'2"

I use the EAS low carb shakes as my breakfast on some days, and other days as an extra 4th snack when needed, just to trim a bit on the IP budget. I would be cautious and research before you replace all of your "meals" with certain protein shakes, due to recent reports that drinking them in excess could lead to health problems: http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/...n6537686.shtml
katiebeth7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 11:09 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 237/113/140 ... healthy BMI

Height: 5.3

Smile

Quote:
Hi msbrau! When I was losing my extra weight/fat, I followed the IP protocol but never used IP products nor an IP coach. I used a variety of protein powders and shakes, and EAS was one of them. Even today, in maintenance, I still use protein products from my local grocery and also from Nashua Nutrition. I paid attention (and still do) to the nutritional content and took (and still take) a variety of vitamins and supplements to ensure I'm getting the recommended nutrients my body needs. In addition to the protein shakes/bars, make sure you're eating a variety of veggies on a daily basis. Losing weight (and keeping it off) shouldn't cost an arm and a leg (IMHO).

Last edited by makeitmatter; 06-05-2011 at 11:11 PM.
makeitmatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 12:13 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 211/206/150

I agree that there are alternatives to the IP foods. If you compare the protein content of IP food to others out there you will find some deals. I compared Robb egg white protein powder and it turns out to be $2 a serving with 33 grams of protein compared to a IP drink that is almost $4 a serving and 18 grams of protein.
I Transform Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 05:58 AM   #7  
started 2/22/11

S/C/G: 233/184/165

Height: 5' 7.5"

Both DH and I have been on IP since February. It can get pretty expensive purchasing for two....so we save a little by substituting the EAS AdvantEDGE carb control Chocolate fudge for some of our shakes... we can buy them at our local BJ's Wholesale Club by the case. While I like the IP Chocolate shakes better, DH prefers the EAS.....I'm happy we can save a little bit anyway.
disgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 12:21 PM   #8  

Quote:
Hey Thanks for the feedback. Did you originally start on Ideal Protein? Would you mind sharing your daily eating plan?
Yes, I started out on it for the first month and a half. The cost was so overwhelming, especiall s ince my husband was laid off.

My days usually go like this:

Breakfast- Shake (supplements and vitamins!)

Lunch- Shake and two cups of vegetables. Sometimes this includes a salad. I can't eat so much salad everyday or I'll get sick of it.

Snack- nashua nutrition bar (more supplements)

Dinner- a protein and 2 cups of vegetables (more vitamins)

Snack- an egg or some other small protein

All throughout the day I am drinking water water water. I set the oven timer for an hour to remind me, so every hour I have 16 oz of water. Until betime approaches. Then I usually give myself a couple of hours without so I don't have to get up in the middle of the night.
Old 06-06-2011, 12:31 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiebeth7 View Post
I use the EAS low carb shakes as my breakfast on some days, and other days as an extra 4th snack when needed, just to trim a bit on the IP budget. I would be cautious and research before you replace all of your "meals" with certain protein shakes, due to recent reports that drinking them in excess could lead to health problems: http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/...n6537686.shtml
I wouldn't worry about it too much. The EAS AdvantEDGE is a low carb protein drink that is not intended for muscle builders like the ones tested in this study. It has the same ingredients as IP and poses the same health risks as the IP food.

I find it very amusing how they propose alternatives for protein drinks because of the unwanted chemicals in them but don't go on to say that unless you are consuming organic chicken, milk, or eggs you are getting chemicals that are even worse for your health, such as growth hormones. Gotta love the news.
Old 06-06-2011, 01:48 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 208/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

I emailed the syntrax nectar people regarding heavy metals, their statement is that they had their products third party tested with undetectable levels. I will be tryign their products to see if I can dilute the IP products with syntrax shakes (syntrax is also carb free which will be nice).
Perpetualdiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 06:07 PM   #11  

Height: 5'6

Is Eas a brand? I'm doing the Ideal Protein diet on my own, have been to the Nashua Nutrition website, not a 100% sure of what to order. Please advise. Thanks!
Missduff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 06:26 PM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missduff View Post
Is Eas a brand? I'm doing the Ideal Protein diet on my own, have been to the Nashua Nutrition website, not a 100% sure of what to order. Please advise. Thanks!
EAS is a brand
There are bunches of Alternatives to try.
Start with this thread http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...s-vol-1-a.html
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 08:03 PM   #13  
Just keep swimming!

S/C/G: 216/196/140

Height: 5'4"

I do the dark chocolate EAS shake every morning and most lunches and have the whole time (never did IP with a coach, I just do the philosophy). Works fine for me too.
ferrousgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 09:57 PM   #14  

I mix an EAS shake with two shots of espresso or a cup of black cold coffee over ice as a special treat!
Kandis Apples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 10:48 PM   #15  

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
EAS is a brand
There are bunches of Alternatives to try.
Start with this thread http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...s-vol-1-a.html
Thank you so much Lisa, you look great!!!
Missduff is offline   Reply With Quote