3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat Monday 4/8/2013 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/279312-ip-daily-chat-monday-4-8-2013-a.html)

mrskuby 04-08-2013 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Desafinado (Post 4698084)
Back from my travels and I did initially struggle a little bit foodwise.

I was on plan all day the first day, but that night we went to a Cuban restaurant and there was absolutely nothing there I could eat. Seriously. And it was almost 11 p.m. and I was starving. I ordered the least worst option -- a shrimp dish with tomato sauce -- but didn't think to tell them not to bring the rice and beans (which I LOVE) and I couldn't resist them.

But, I learned a lesson.

The next morning at breakfast I ordered a veggie egg white omelet -- no tomatoes -- and asked them not to bring the toast and potatoes that came with it to the table. Got an extra glass and some decaf and mixed up a chocolate drink and all was good. I did that every morning from then on.

Then for the rest of the trip I ordered some variation of a salad, hold this, that and the other, but add some protein. Not a problem.

The last night we had sushi and I love sashimi so I ordered some garlic broccoli and a sashimi platter and went to town. Gave the rice to one of my dinner companions.

We did a LOT of walking -- so much so that my legs, ankles and feet hurt one night, but I'm sure that helped me.

I weighed this a.m. and I am down a half pound and I go to WI tonight (though that will be after a day of eating), but I love that I was able to figure out how to live in the world and make better food choices. And I was with someone who ate french toast, fine dark chocolates, cupcakes, cookies etc. and I never once felt like I was missing out.

Most importantly I tried on clothes and bought some cute dresses from a regular store! I'm wearing one now.

All in all it was a great trip!

Great job!:D And it payed off in the end! You should be so proud of yourself!

scorbett1103 04-08-2013 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Desafinado (Post 4698084)
Back from my travels and I did initially struggle a little bit foodwise.

All in all it was a great trip!

You did an amazing job!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by LizJazz (Post 4698086)

Happy OP day to everyone.
I cannot wait until phase 3 to start eating dairy and fruit. At what weight do you move onto phase 2???

Phase 2 starts when you reach your goal weight. You may lose a little more in P2 but then once you start adding back carbs and dairy in P3 your weight will stabilize right around your goal weight.

rubygirl05 04-08-2013 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecmcnamee (Post 4698006)
excited to fit into everything that I could not fit into last year. I CAN'T FIT INTO THEM STILL!! I'm confused as to how I've lost 30 pounds and still have not gone down a size.

I have the same feeling, although I'm at 25#. My theory is that plus size clothing has a much larger weight/pound range than non-plus clothing, which is why plus size clothing is always so ill-fitting.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LizJazz (Post 4698086)
Grrr.....I weighed myself this morning and realized that my scale is JUNK!!! I weighed 5 times and had 5 different numbers-within a 10 pound range!!!! Oh well, I guess I'll be buying a new scale soon.

This is my biggest pet peeve with scales! I've been looking for a new scale for over a year, and finally found one that I liked. The Thinner Glass & Chrome scale ($30?) will consistently show the same number if you weigh yourself multiple times.

-------------------------------------------

I'm on my 5th week of IP and I cannot BELIEVE the energy I have. I've read other people saying this on the board but up until last week, I was just tired, sluggish, and walking in a brain-cloud.

Last week, though, I could feel my "engine" kick in, my body felt different, like it was just burning calories. And I've had/have so much energy during the day, I want to just get moving even though I have a desk job! :carrot:

pocahontas812 04-08-2013 11:17 AM

Well, I've hit my goal weight.....and a little bit beyond! I'm very happy with my weight/BMI/body image now, but am thinking I might stay on P1 for another couple weeks to get a little lower and give myself a few pounds of breathing room.

However.....so many others are starting P3, and I'm really getting excited about the idea of P3 breakfasts.....

kp0130 04-08-2013 11:24 AM

Hello everyone! Starting day 4 today and I feel great! I have felt absolutely fine the whole time and it makes me wonder if I'm doing something wrong? Strange to want to wish feeling bad on myself but I also want this to work! :) The only struggles I have had is forcing myself to eat everything. I'm so full from all the water intake I'm just not hungry!

lisa32989 04-08-2013 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pocahontas812 (Post 4698143)
Well, I've hit my goal weight.....and a little bit beyond! I'm very happy with my weight/BMI/body image now, but am thinking I might stay on P1 for another couple weeks to get a little lower and give myself a few pounds of breathing room.

:bravo: :congrat:

ragdoll74 04-08-2013 12:24 PM

Quote:

However.....so many others are starting P3, and I'm really getting excited about the idea of P3 breakfasts.....

Congrats on making goal!!!! :carrot::carrot::carrot:

Cheekyskeeter 04-08-2013 12:35 PM

Quote:

Congrats on hitting goal!!!!

Ravenswood2012 04-08-2013 01:05 PM

Quote:

Congrats!!!! :bravo:

bttrhalf 04-08-2013 01:15 PM

officially start P2 feeling real good about the way I look. I am wearing size 29/32 Levi 501's (haven't worn this size since high school.):carrot::carrot::carrot:
hope everyone has a great day.

FlooNimbus13127 04-08-2013 01:19 PM

Back home after spring break. I took my kids to my moms house, who also happens to be on IP. She's back OP after a gaining back 10 or so lbs. so it was awesome to be in a place that I could be 100% OP.

The travel day home was the hardest as I was driving 8 hours fighting a migraine. And dinner that night was not OP, it was comfort. But I maintained my weight this week, and am glad for that.

One big change I've made in my thinking being on this plan is to stop saying that I've "cheated" when faced with a tough situation. It implies guilt where none should be. I'm making the best choices I can, and moving on.

Have a great day everybody!:goodvibes

De11s 04-08-2013 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scorbett1103 (Post 4698076)
The best advice I can give is to read through the Phase 3 breakfast thread and start lurking in the maintainer's thread - Phase 1 is the easy part! The more you have stuff in your wheelhouse ahead of time, the easier it will be to navigate P3 and beyond.

Good luck!

Thank you for the advice and the support! You are truly an inspiration :thanks:

FlooNimbus13127 04-08-2013 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bttrhalf (Post 4698294)
officially start P2 feeling real good about the way I look. I am wearing size 29/32 Levi 501's (haven't worn this size since high school.):carrot::carrot::carrot:
hope everyone has a great day.

That is such a great feeling! Congratulations!

bubbleblower 04-08-2013 01:28 PM

Quote:

Congrats! I initially thought about adding more of a cushion before phasing off but found that my body really didn't want to part with anymore weight and I was really ready mentally to phase off. I'm glad to have taken the plunge onward and upward to P3. I think I was intimidated by the perceived complexity of it at first, but it's really pretty straightforward - and YUMMY!!

Lizzeelee 04-08-2013 01:39 PM

Happy Monday! Congrats to all of you with your losses, goals hit, and NSVs! It's so much fun to hear how others are doing - and so inspiring!

Had my first NSV today - while getting ready for work, I couldn't find anything to wear that didn't look baggy...just a month ago, I couldn't find what to wear because everything was too tight! YAY!!!

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/tulip-...0/140/170/.png