Old 04-05-2013, 09:39 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 178/start IP 159.8/134.8/130

Height: 5'3"

Angry Yesterday...ugh!

Yesterday was my birthday and I had a food plan for the day/night so I would stay OP. Well, come dinner time (out at my favorite restaurant) I blew it. I think it was overconfidence that I've done so well and I felt good which in retrospect scares me. It is amazing how physically ill I felt with that junk back in my system and how my body responded in such a bad way. Needless to say I went to bed mad at myself and feeling so guilty for cheating. I realize it wasn't worth it at all, none of it even tasted good! So here I am today, back OP and sticking to it. I like the way I feel eating clean versus eating junk. No more for me!
Anyone else have this kind of experience?

url=http://www.3fatchicks.com/] [/url]

Last edited by Happymomof2; 04-07-2013 at 08:37 AM.
Happymomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 09:47 AM   #2  

S/C/G: IP 140/115/115

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happymomof2 View Post
Yesterday was my birthday and I had a food plan for the day/night so I would stay OP. Well, come dinner time (out at my favorite restaurant) I blew it. I think it was overconfidence that I've done so well and I felt good which in retrospect scares me. It is amazing how physically ill I felt with that junk back in my system and how my body responded in such a bad way. Needless to say I went to bed mad at myself and feeling so guilty for cheating. I realize it wasn't worth it at all, none of it even tasted good! So here I am today, back OP and sticking to it. I like the way I feel eating clean versus eating junk. No more for me!
I have not gone off OP so far! But reading your post helps me not to.

So just FORGIVE yourself and move on! Todays another day, be good to
yourself, your only human!

and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

D
DRegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 09:53 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/178/160

Height: 5'7"

Default We've all been there :o)

We've all been there! Don't be too hard on yourself. In fact, just get back on program (mentally) this instant and you can look back at yesterday as a naughty day but not without its pleasures ) You won't be on IP forever - you'll savor those treats again later. Good luck to you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happymomof2 View Post
YankeeLady57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 10:23 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

Height: 5'7"

Yes, Happymomof2, I've definitely done that. What's been as much of a surprise to me is what you mentioned about it didn't even taste that good. Evidently our memories remember it as a feast when in reality it often is nothing but overpriced, restaurant food. Still, it was your birthday. We've all had bumps in the road, and you're already back to healthy eating. Chalk it up to being a learning experience.
betsy2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 11:15 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 155/ x /135

Height: 5'4"

Happy bday. I hope you enjoyed your day other than the dinner.
I've been there - actually was there for 3 weeks until Monday and then back OP. And so happy to get here again. I hated how I felt and looked (skin broke out). Thankfully I haven't had any of the restart issues, I hope it was because while I wasn't OP, I didn't spend the whole 3 weeks going hog wild. The food didn't taste near as good as I remember either....
IPRound2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 06:02 PM   #6  
IP start March 8th 2013

S/C/G: 217/206/160

Height: 5'9

Well, today I decided I was going to have Diet Pepsi, I have had one before, but this time, I had cramps all afternoon, so ugh...not again!
newday2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 08:49 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 178/start IP 159.8/134.8/130

Height: 5'3"

Thank you to everyone for all of your encouragement and kind words. It was needed today!

url=http://www.3fatchicks.com/] [/url]

Last edited by Happymomof2; 04-07-2013 at 08:38 AM.
Happymomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 09:25 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 176/152/140

I am just starting my third week so I think you and I have a similar start date. Easter Sunday was a tough day for me and I was craving potatoes and junk food. I stayed OP though but it was tough. This plan for most of us is a huge lifestyle change from how we used to eat and you shouldn't be so hard on yourself for having a bad day. I am sure it will not be the last time you will feel tempted or the last time you may eat something that is not IP friendly. I think the main thing is to get back on and get refocused right away.....hang in there!
musicsmylife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 10:09 PM   #9  
Started IP 01/31/13

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by betsy2013 View Post
Yes, Happymomof2, I've definitely done that. What's been as much of a surprise to me is what you mentioned about it didn't even taste that good. Evidently our memories remember it as a feast when in reality it often is nothing but overpriced, restaurant food. Still, it was your birthday. We've all had bumps in the road, and you're already back to healthy eating. Chalk it up to being a learning experience.
Totally off topic....I love your mini goals. They are almost exactly the same as mine! I can so relate. Good luck in your journey.
Msbehaving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 11:40 PM   #10  
IP- a journey; not a race

S/C/G: 245/188/168

Height: 5'4" 41yo

Happymomof2 - Happy Belated Birthday!
Sorry that the day didn't end well with your experience at the restaurant. You had a little bump in the road and now you're getting right back on track. Good for you! We will all make mistakes on this WL (weight loss) journey. Don't beat yourself up over it. Hold your head high! It sound like you more than learned from this experience.

It's interesting how much are tastebuds really do change while on IP. We get to the point that we actually prefer the healthy food. I know for me, I sure don't miss that "stuffed/heavy" feeling when I've overeaten in the past. I just feel so much better overall. Hugs! ~Jen
JenRem is offline   Reply With Quote