Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2013, 12:47 PM   #31  

I believe she is on Medifast and not IP. I know that they have a 5 and 1 plan...it is 5 supplements and 1 lean and green meal.
Old 04-01-2013, 01:10 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 191/138/142

Height: 5' 7

I seriously just choked down a mixed greens salad with cucumber and onion on it...DRY...yuck! I did it though...I am at work and wanted to make sure I got my veggies in...guess I didnt realize how many of my usual fixings on a salad are not allowed. Note to self....bring your own salad and dont forget the WF dressing that is sitting at home in the fridge!
Usually go for a 4 mile fast walk on lunch...had to turn that down too. It's OK though....when Ketosis kicks in and the weight starts falling off I can say hello to beach body this summer!
Old 04-01-2013, 01:15 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 186.6/126.8/125

Height: 5'5"

Good morning! I'm happy to see that a lot of folks had a great OP weekend and things are going well!
I am very proud of myself, I stayed away from all the temptations this weekend, I honestly didn't think I could do it.
A nice NSV for me....I went shopping on Saturday for some slacks/work clothes and was very pleased to find that I'm actually in a size 8 now! UN-Freakin'-beliveable!! I haven't been this size since before college. Wow. What an accomplishment.
Old 04-01-2013, 01:15 PM   #34  
Starting again 06.04.2014

S/C/G: 210/ticker/150

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica6700 View Post
I seriously just choked down a mixed greens salad with cucumber and onion on it...DRY...yuck! I did it though...I am at work and wanted to make sure I got my veggies in...guess I didnt realize how many of my usual fixings on a salad are not allowed. Note to self....bring your own salad and dont forget the WF dressing that is sitting at home in the fridge!
Usually go for a 4 mile fast walk on lunch...had to turn that down too. It's OK though....when Ketosis kicks in and the weight starts falling off I can say hello to beach body this summer!
I've learned to fix my own salad and a side of dressing the night before for my husband. It helps him not feel compelled to eat something not OP and it's easy for him when lunch time rolls around. We keep telling ourselves the same thing...once summer comes around...we'll be looking great!
Old 04-01-2013, 01:21 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 200.2/135/115

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suchawittygal View Post
A nice NSV for me....I went shopping on Saturday for some slacks/work clothes and was very pleased to find that I'm actually in a size 8 now! UN-Freakin'-beliveable!! I haven't been this size since before college. Wow. What an accomplishment.
Congrats! I actually had the same thing happen on Saturday -- last time I was this size was in high school!!

I am really struggling with things right now. I have 15 lbs left, and for some reason the last week I have been absolutely starving. I'm thinking about food constantly and just really hungry. I haven't had this happen the whole time I've been on IP, and I just don't know what's going on. I have stayed OP, but I'm really having a hard time not eating a bunch of bars!!
Old 04-01-2013, 01:25 PM   #36  
IP start March 8th 2013

S/C/G: 217/206/160

Height: 5'9

Does anybody have a favorite way of preparing the IP potato puree?
Old 04-01-2013, 01:37 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 208/208/145

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheekyskeeter View Post
Happy Monday everyone! I had a pretty quiet long weekend as hubby was working nights so sleeps all day which means I had to stay quiet as well. I did manage to get a ride in on one of my horses on Saturday and the weather was GORGEOUS....of course it's bloody cold again today. Oh and had a couple of NSVs this weekend. First one, I went shopping with my sister and was trying on bikinis and for the first time in my life instead of just opening the curtain to show my sister I actually stepped out of the change room IN a bikini....ok more then once. I have never felt comfortable enough to do that before but since IP I feel awesome. And I found 3 beautiful bikinis to take with me to Jamaica in 3 weeks. Second one, my hubby came into the kitchen yesterday to give me a hug and he actually picked me up. Said I was light as a feather....he's never picked me up before. It seems silly but I was so thrilled I said 'do it again do it again'. lol.

Hope everyone is having a good day.
I'm so happy for you! I know the fear of the bikini . I have not been in one since my honeymoon almost 8 years ago. One of my goals is to lose enough to get back into one and be comfortable by our 8th anniversary in August.

Love you NSVs!
Old 04-01-2013, 01:37 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 229/218/155

Height: 5' 8"

Default Struggling

Having a hard time after Easter and traveling to Disneyland. I haven't completely broken every rule but it would be easier after driving for 5 hours!
Old 04-01-2013, 01:40 PM   #39  
Started IP 1/10/13

S/C/G: 225/175.5(home) 176.2(IP)/120

Height: 5'0"

Still losing slowly (at least more slowly than I was initially) on the scale, but losing inches.

I'm traveling this week and this will be my first big challenge while on this diet. I'm planning ahead and I have let my traveling partner know that my eating will be restricted in many ways, but that doesn't mean we can't have a great time.

Send travel weightloss sparkles and confetti my way!
Old 04-01-2013, 01:45 PM   #40  
Started IP 1/10/13

S/C/G: 225/175.5(home) 176.2(IP)/120

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheekyskeeter View Post
Happy Monday everyone! I had a pretty quiet long weekend as hubby was working nights so sleeps all day which means I had to stay quiet as well. I did manage to get a ride in on one of my horses on Saturday and the weather was GORGEOUS....of course it's bloody cold again today. Oh and had a couple of NSVs this weekend. First one, I went shopping with my sister and was trying on bikinis and for the first time in my life instead of just opening the curtain to show my sister I actually stepped out of the change room IN a bikini....ok more then once. I have never felt comfortable enough to do that before but since IP I feel awesome. And I found 3 beautiful bikinis to take with me to Jamaica in 3 weeks. Second one, my hubby came into the kitchen yesterday to give me a hug and he actually picked me up. Said I was light as a feather....he's never picked me up before. It seems silly but I was so thrilled I said 'do it again do it again'. lol.

Hope everyone is having a good day.
I dunno that I will ever be confident enough for a bikini, but good for you rocking it out with the new body girlie!
Old 04-01-2013, 01:52 PM   #41  
Started IP Feb 19, 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Here's the issue with milk: Full fat has too much fat for IP. Skim has too much carbs/sugar (lactose).
You can make a latte with vanilla drink. It's pretty good
Toss that milk. It'll go to waste or waist.
You didn't gain but what could you have LOST over the weekend?
Sorry you don't feel good.
Cheats just SO aren't worth it!
Find an OP way to scratch the itch!
Normally I have vanilla latte using the vanilla drink. IT was totally not worth it. IT tasted great, but was not worth three days of getting back to where I need to be. I pretty much lost a week.
Old 04-01-2013, 01:53 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 186.6/126.8/125

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debrasb View Post

I am really struggling with things right now. I have 15 lbs left, and for some reason the last week I have been absolutely starving. I'm thinking about food constantly and just really hungry. I haven't had this happen the whole time I've been on IP, and I just don't know what's going on. I have stayed OP, but I'm really having a hard time not eating a bunch of bars!!
OMG! The SAME EXACT thing has been happening to me! I have not had this problem all through the past 25 weeks on program, but all of a sudden in the past week, I'm absolutely STARVING! It has been a real struggle.
Old 04-01-2013, 01:55 PM   #43  

Quote:
Originally Posted by newday2013 View Post
Does anybody have a favorite way of preparing the IP potato puree?
Potato rolls! (see my muffin recipe in the recipe thread)
Old 04-01-2013, 01:59 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 232.2/ticker/132

Height: 5"4"

Default Slippery Slope

I am starting week 9 and down 25 lbs. We were away Easter weekend at the beach and I found it VERY hard to stay on program. You see, I am really addicted to popcorn and it presented itself. I made up this game in my head that I could have it because I was being so good and not having the kids candy - ugh! I am up one pound this morning from Friday morning, and I am sad and struggling to stay OP today. I am kind of outside my body. I had to find our the hard way that is it true what all the folks on this forum say, the cheat causes so much havoc - it is just not worth it.....
I just needed to vent and pray that I can get back on program and be HAPPY.
Old 04-01-2013, 02:00 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 200.2/135/115

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suchawittygal View Post
OMG! The SAME EXACT thing has been happening to me! I have not had this problem all through the past 25 weeks on program, but all of a sudden in the past week, I'm absolutely STARVING! It has been a real struggle.
You and I are obviously in sync! I really have no idea what to do other than muddle through, but it is definitely a big struggle. I am glad to be in the office today--at home I found myself having a little extra protein.

I am hopeful this feeling will pass soon. I wonder if it's our bodies freaking out a bit from not being this tiny in so long (20 years for me). My coach had no idea, and I think suspected I went off program which is not the case.
Closed Thread