3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Home of the 100% Vol 23 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/278210-home-100%25-vol-23-a.html)

fitandfabfrog 04-01-2013 01:59 PM

Week 4 WI and down another 4 pounds! 13 pounds in 4 weeks ROCKS!!!

aliboo723 04-01-2013 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitandfabfrog (Post 4689905)

Congrats! Rock it!:broc:

onmyway1014 04-01-2013 03:52 PM

I know I posted a few weeks ago that I got under 200 on my home scale but:

It finally became "Official" at my clinic today when I weighed 196.6 in the middle of the afternoon fully dressed. Even the day after an Easter ham dinner!

My coach gave me a hug and a high five - I was absolutely thrilled to see the 1 on that digital scale of hers!

I just can't believe it. I know It's still alot to weigh but it is SO much less than I weighed 5 1/2 months ago.

Over the weekend I wore a pair of size 16 jeans for the first time in at least 17 years.

I made it through easter without a single jellybean getting into my mouth - even while I put some in plastic eggs for my kids, and decorated bunny cupcakes with them. they are my favorite candy and by this time of year I have usually consumed bags of them. Even my thirteen year old son noticed the lack of jellybeans in the house before Easter and he commented "Mom - you really are changing a lot of your habits - aren't you?"

I had my first food nightmare: I dreamed I was eating the jellybeans while filling the eggs and mid mouthful I realized hey I can't eat these what am I thinking and I spit them out. I was very happy when I woke up to find it was only a dream.

thanks to everyone who posts advice and encouagement here - you are what keeps me going strong - knowing others are doing this too makes that much easier.

Also thanks for letting me share my good news with people who understand what a big deal this all is.

Enough rambling.....and being all about myself...at least its all good stuff..

ragdoll74 04-01-2013 05:28 PM

knm welcome! You've got this, the next 12 days 100%.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitandfabfrog (Post 4689905)

:carrot::carrot:

onmyway1014 you are rockin' this plan!!

JenRem 04-01-2013 07:12 PM

IdealProteinNewbie - love the dress you chose for the Baptism!

KitKat - how did the chicken liver go? You are brave or was this an early April Fools Day joke, lol!

M35A2 - Congrats on the medium shirts! That is awesome!

GreatLakes86 - Good Luck on your move! Hope everything goes smoothly.

Monica - so glad your DH is safe! Maybe you guys should by a military Tank this time around, lol!

bubbleblower - Happy Happy Belated Birthday. What a gift to yourself to have hit goal! Hope you had an awesome day!

1LittleStar - Hope your day skiing went well and the only thing that happens is you're a little sore! I think the fact that you went is a huge NSV. You chose to live life, not sit on the sidelines and watch everyone else! Good for you!!!

Lisa - Congrats on so many awesome measurement changes. WOW! I can't believe that your hips are now as small as what your waist once was. Here's to being "overweight" very soon. Yeah!

knm - We are all here behind you! Kick butt on the 12 days - you can do it!

fitandfabfrog - You are rockin' this program. You will be to goal before you know it! WTG!

onmyway1014 - Official ONEDERLAND - So happy for you, Congrats. You are also at 90 lbs gone - WOW. You will be joining the Century Club very soon. Doing the Happy Dance with ya! :)
Great NSV staying 100% OP on Easter! Who needs those stinkin' jelly beans, anyways (lol)!

~ Jen

M35A2 04-01-2013 08:11 PM

Congrats on the great WIs!

I'm a bit distressed at the moment. Feel like I'm heading into an MS exacerbation and figure DW will blame it on the diet. These things happen from time to time and being on the diet or not on the diet probably won't make a bit of difference but convincing her of that may take some doing. She just wants to fix me and can't so gets really frustrated. I'm just going to play it by ear but if it lasts more than a week may have to phase off to see if it does matter. Even though I'm only 1/2 through I feel so close and phasing off and restarting later will seem like starting all over again.

MonicaKolesnik 04-01-2013 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JenRem (Post 4690267)

Monica - so glad your DH is safe! Maybe you guys should by a military Tank this time around :D

~ Jen

That is so funny cause my mom and I were saying the same thing :) the car will be fixed so we will stick with it for now :p

knel 04-01-2013 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M35A2 (Post 4690325)
I'm a bit distressed at the moment. Feel like I'm heading into an MS exacerbation and figure DW will blame it on the diet. These things happen from time to time and being on the diet or not on the diet probably won't make a bit of difference but convincing her of that may take some doing.

I'm so sorry to hear that, my sister has MS and we all worry about her all the time but you are right, it just comes and goes like the weather. If you can follow IP you are a strong person and I know you can get through it. Autoimmune is a silent plague IMHO.

Cheekyskeeter 04-01-2013 08:34 PM

Quote:

Congrats on the great WIs!

I'm a bit distressed at the moment. Feel like I'm heading into an MS exacerbation and figure DW will blame it on the diet. These things happen from time to time and being on the diet or not on the diet probably won't make a bit of difference but convincing her of that may take some doing. She just wants to fix me and can't so gets really frustrated. I'm just going to play it by ear but if it lasts more than a week may have to phase off to see if it does matter. Even though I'm only 1/2 through I feel so close and phasing off and restarting later will seem like starting all over again.

I don't have any advice or words of wisdom for you....just wanted to say I hope it's not going to last long. I'm sorry you're going through this. :hug:

1LittleStar 04-01-2013 08:49 PM

I'm back! I'm back from skiing, but I also feel like "I'm back!". The old me. The one that went skiing. The one that participates in all the activities. Not the one who sits on the sidelines and watches everyone else enjoy their lives.

I'm tired, but I feel great! My back and knees are a little sore. But this is NOT something I would have done 50+ pounds ago. It makes all the sacrifices so worthwhile! The Christmas treats and meals, birthday party food, pizza, it really doesn't mean anything compared to this. Being able to participate in my life, participating with my kids, nothing is better than that!

This has re-energized me, I'm so pumped. Here's to the next 50+ lbs, I can't even imagine how much I'll be able to do then!

fitandfabfrog 04-01-2013 09:15 PM

M35A2: I am sorry. That would be a hard decision to make. I hope things turn around for you very soon!

onmyway1014: WAY TO GO! Not eating an easy jelly bean while filling them into eggs is a HUGE success in my eyes. And look at what a good example you are for your children if they even notice! AND congrats on being in the onederland! KEEP IT UP!

Thanks for the encouragement everyone! I am really pleased with my results so far...hope they keep on going as good as they are! I threw a little fit today when I made my family tacos and I couldn't eat the refried beans or tortillas. Sat on my stairs and thought of all the people who stay OP during harder times than this and re-grouped, made my taco salad and enjoyed every bite! The results far outweigh the momentary enjoyment of old favorites.

KitKat169 04-01-2013 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisa32989 (Post 4689616)
NSVNSVNSVNSVNSVNSVNSVNSVNSVNSVNSVNSV

Great NSV Lisa, congrats!

Quote:

Originally Posted by knm (Post 4689800)
So here goes, as of today, I will be 100% OP until April 12th!

Welcome! And 12 days is definitely possible. You got this!

[QUOTE=onmyway1014;4690048]I know I posted a few weeks ago that I got under 200 on my home scale but:

It finally became "Official" at my clinic today when I weighed 196.6 in the middle of the afternoon fully dressed. Even the day after an Easter ham dinner![QUOTE]

Congrats on the official ONEDERLAND!

Quote:

Originally Posted by JenRem (Post 4690267)
KitKat - how did the chicken liver go? You are brave or was this an early April Fools Day joke, lol!

Not an April Fool's joke. I had liver twice. I posted my dinner recipe in the P1 recipe thread. I was surprised how good it tasted but also it was rich so next time I'll cut the liver portion. For lunch the next day I made traditional liver, onions and bacon stir-fry (in maintenance so can have extra fat at lunch). Not bad but I preferred the recipe with the vegetables. Note: $2.07 for 1lb of liver, awesome deal if you're on a budget!

Quote:

I'm a bit distressed at the moment. Feel like I'm heading into an MS exacerbation and figure DW will blame it on the diet.

Sounds like a tough situation but we'll all be thinking of you and hoping for the best.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1LittleStar (Post 4690362)
I'm back! I'm back from skiing, but I also feel like "I'm back!". The old me. The one that went skiing. The one that participates in all the activities. Not the one who sits on the sidelines and watches everyone else enjoy their lives.
This has re-energized me, I'm so pumped. Here's to the next 50+ lbs, I can't even imagine how much I'll be able to do then!

The energy in your words has me pumped as well. So glad you were able to get out and be active.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitandfabfrog (Post 4690399)
Thanks for the encouragement everyone! I am really pleased with my results so far...hope they keep on going as good as they are! I threw a little fit today when I made my family tacos and I couldn't eat the refried beans or tortillas. Sat on my stairs and thought of all the people who stay OP during harder times than this and re-grouped, made my taco salad and enjoyed every bite! The results far outweigh the momentary enjoyment of old favorites.

Well done. You can use these little victories to realize you can do it, it didn't kill you to miss out on food once and you'll felt better afterwards for resisting. This is one of the greatest lessons to repeat again and again.

I had a fairly quiet Easter weekend. I did a bunch of house-cleaning and spent an afternoon at a smally extended family gathering.

ragdoll74 04-01-2013 10:57 PM

M35A2 :hug:

1LittleStar great NSV!!

onmyway1014 04-01-2013 11:01 PM

1littlestar:

I'm really happy for you that you went skiing and had a good time. I know how much it means to be able to do stuff with the kiddos again. Were your kids so excited that you joined them?

I was too afraid to ski still this year - I figure my balance is still not great and didn't want to break anything important. I said next year I will and hearing that you did it helps me know maybe I can too.

Enjoy this NSV - in my eyes its a biggie!

JenRem 04-02-2013 12:31 AM

M35A2 - so sorry about your health issues; I wish you a speedy recovery!

While running some errands today, I decided I couldn't go one day longer with the bra I've been wearing. I was trying to hold off purchasing a new one as long as I could knowing that I'm in transition. The bra I have is too big and the straps are always falling down my shoulders. So, I stopped at Nordstroms and was fitted for a new one. The salesperson measured me at a 38, which I was happy to hear. However, when she brought some in for me to try and after I found the one I felt fit the best she noticed it was a 36. It's a little tight, so I'm probably a 37, but I went ahead and got the 36 knowing that I will lose that inch soon enough.
A bra that fits correctly in all the right places - priceless!

Looking forward to entering the 180's very soon! :) Jen