3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Home of the 100% Vol 23 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/278210-home-100%25-vol-23-a.html)

aliboo723 03-30-2013 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie (Post 4687627)
Hi friends!

Thought I would show you the dress I chose for a Baptism I'm going to next Sunday (I'm the Godmother!)

http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/c...BRAND%3DCalvin

It was the first and only dress I tried on...fit like a glove!

Shopping for a dress definitely would have been a fear-inducing moment for me before IP :D

So cute! Congrats and have fun!

ragdoll74 03-30-2013 02:35 PM

Quote:

Hi friends!

Thought I would show you the dress I chose for a Baptism I'm going to next Sunday (I'm the Godmother!)

Shopping for a dress definitely would have been a fear-inducing moment for me before IP :D

Cute dress.

KitKat169 03-30-2013 03:55 PM

Cute dress IPnewbie. I felt like summer dress shopping this weekend but didn't have the time.

For Easter I am making a P1 compliant salad and taking it to a family gathering. There are a number of food allergies in the group so this was the easiest plus healthy for me. I don't know what else I'm going to get but there may be gluten free desserts so I'll decide then it is worth my first fun meal.

I had my massage this morning then went to Starbucks for a coffee, back to the salon to get my brows trimmed and now sitting with hair color in and having myself a picnic lunch. It's a phase 2 style lunch because I forgot when packing it that I could have added more fat. Tonight I'm having my roast beef leftovers. I was a bit disappointed in my first roast attempt because even in the slow cooker it cae out a bit dry.

Tomorrow I am experimenting with chicken liver for lunch. Don't ask me why because I used to hate my mom for cooking liver even if she didn't make me eat it. But I came across it in a paleo cook book and am now going to be adventuresome. Yes I have a back up plan in case it is as bad as I remember it!

M35A2 03-30-2013 05:24 PM

NSV today. Went shopping for some new shirts. I haven't worn less than an XL for the last 15 years. Figured I'd lost enough for a LG but tried it on and still too big. Went for a Med and fit great. I haven't worn Med at ANY point in my life. I've been at a lower weight than this before but it's coming off in different places this time around. Now I'm sure this Med is supposed to be a "loose fit" type shirt and while it's not straining at the buttons there's not a lot of free play but still...And I have 1/2 as much weight to lose yet. I might just be swimming in a Med when I'm done

GreatLakes86 03-30-2013 05:32 PM

IPNewbie: That dress is super adorable. Also...your Nutella flavored coffee int he daily thread makes me think that we are taste bud twins. That's what I was going for the other day, but somehow I thought that coffee shops had a sf torani/da vinci choco flavor syrup. The one I went to had german chocolate, but not in sf. Bummer. For the record, a pump of hazelnut and a pump of irish creme in a 20oz decaf americano is pretty heavenly. I'll try yours later today! :)

KitKat, sorry about your roast. Did you cook it on low heat or high? I know I have way better results on low. Sometimes you just get a bad roast though and no matter what you do it would turn out dry. My solution with that is to shred it and use it as taco/fajita salad meat. Lemons into lemonade.

Monica, that coat is really good looking! Gotta love a deal!

Lisa, that is really interesting about the soy. I know that has been a concern of mine about this diet, but I figure it is for a relatively short time, and I ate pretty soy free before and will again in maintenance. But it certainly is interesting. Most people point to the Japanese as evidence that soy is a safe and healthful choice since the country has better health indicators than the US, but I have never read if Japan bans GMOs or not. I'm on the fence about whether GMOs are bad or not. It would be nice if the US required them to be labeled though so you'd at least be able to make informed decisions at the store.

Back to housework....moving sometime in the next 2 weeks and trying to get projects done while I still have a garage. Painting one of those 9 cube storage units so that it is not stark white and potting some plants for my office. I am batting .500 on keeping houseplants alive in my cube. I picked less tempermental plants this time so that my neglect won't be so evident. :lol:

fitandfabfrog 03-30-2013 06:19 PM

IPNewbie: CUTE DRESS! Enjoy your day wearing it!

M35A2: Yeah for a MEDIUM!!

Today has been full of Easter fun with 4 kids...holidays are so much fun for them. Going to make some deviled eggs and a YUM green salad tomorrow for Easter dinner. Enjoy the holiday and hopefully some spring weather wherever you are!

fitandfabfrog 03-30-2013 06:26 PM

safetylady: So glad you found a dress that you LOVE! I am sure you will be beautiful in it. Great results for 3 weeks!!

1LittleStar 03-30-2013 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IP43 (Post 4687064)
I've been offline a few days-- how did you get this great opportunity?? that sounds very cool!

My clinic was putting on the workshop for anyone on IP, and also for the general public. It was quite an opportunity, I'm glad I went.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother of the Groom (Post 4687283)
Pretty proud of myself tonight, I made goodies(popcorn balls, chocolate no bake cookies and chocolate butterscotch pecan cookies) for my son to take back to university and never had a nibble or finger lick of any of it. But darn my house smells good:o

I love those smells! Good for you for staying away!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cheekyskeeter (Post 4687345)
I hope everyone is having a great Easter weekend. I spent the day yesterday with my family and today I have my guitar lesson this morning then plan to,spend the restless of the day giving my horses a wee spa day. It's so gorgeous out I can't believe (or don't want to believe) that the cold weather will be returning next week. I want winter to be over.

So I made it through phase 1 completely 100% and yesterday was my first day of phase 2......I gotta say though I miss my morning snack.

Congrats on completing Phase 1!

Quote:

Hi friends!

Very pretty!

Quote:

Originally Posted by KitKat169 (Post 4687845)
For Easter I am making a P1 compliant salad and taking it to a family gathering. There are a number of food allergies in the group so this was the easiest plus healthy for me. I don't know what else I'm going to get but there may be gluten free desserts so I'll decide then it is worth my first fun meal.

I had my massage this morning then went to Starbucks for a coffee, back to the salon to get my brows trimmed and now sitting with hair color in and having myself a picnic lunch. It's a phase 2 style lunch because I forgot when packing it that I could have added more fat. Tonight I'm having my roast beef leftovers. I was a bit disappointed in my first roast attempt because even in the slow cooker it cae out a bit dry.

Tomorrow I am experimenting with chicken liver for lunch. Don't ask me why because I used to hate my mom for cooking liver even if she didn't make me eat it. But I came across it in a paleo cook book and am now going to be adventuresome. Yes I have a back up plan in case it is as bad as I remember it!

Good planning!

Quote:

Originally Posted by M35A2 (Post 4687918)
NSV today. Went shopping for some new shirts. I haven't worn less than an XL for the last 15 years. Figured I'd lost enough for a LG but tried it on and still too big. Went for a Med and fit great. I haven't worn Med at ANY point in my life. I've been at a lower weight than this before but it's coming off in different places this time around. Now I'm sure this Med is supposed to be a "loose fit" type shirt and while it's not straining at the buttons there's not a lot of free play but still...And I have 1/2 as much weight to lose yet. I might just be swimming in a Med when I'm done

That's great! A medium is fantastic!

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitandfabfrog (Post 4687959)
Today has been full of Easter fun with 4 kids...holidays are so much fun for them. Going to make some deviled eggs and a YUM green salad tomorrow for Easter dinner. Enjoy the holiday and hopefully some spring weather wherever you are!

Holidays are definetely magical for children!

IdealProteinNewbie 03-31-2013 09:38 AM

Thanks for the feedback on the dress everybody!

I'm so excited to wear it, not only because I think it's cute, but I feel so confident in it, which is a definite change :D

Nolawhodatchick 03-31-2013 04:46 PM

Quote:

Hi friends!

It is beautiful!

Cheekyskeeter 03-31-2013 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie (Post 4688466)
Thanks for the feedback on the dress everybody!

I'm so excited to wear it, not only because I think it's cute, but I feel so confident in it, which is a definite change :D

I agree with everyone...that dress is beautiful and so glad you feel great in it!

MonicaKolesnik 03-31-2013 06:56 PM

Quote:

Hi friends!

Love the Dress!!! now you just need some cute shoes to go with it ;)

MonicaKolesnik 03-31-2013 07:07 PM

If it was not for IP and the control I have gained over my stress eating, this weekend would have been a disaster on my waistline. For all of you that remember my DH rolled and wrote of his car a little while back and then we went through all the insurance and loans, etc and bought him new car....well yesterday in the city a women went through a red and smashed his brand new car, lots o damage and we have not even made the first payment. This is happened on my second of 3 nights and to say I was stressed is an understatement. My husband is fine, that is the most important thing, but we are both stressed to the max as it seems to be one thing after another. As I said I am glad while on IP I have learned how stress is my trigger, and so have come to control it. I have to deal with the situations that are making me depressed or stressed instead of trying to stuff them with food. One more night shift then time for more insurance fun. :(

bubbleblower 03-31-2013 07:55 PM

Just wanted to let you all know I'm still around but have zero time for posting or even keeping up with how everyone is doing. I'm still holding steady below my original goal of 134 so that's good for me! Given all the challenges with moving, work and everything else I think that's an accomplishment. So, I'm content. Oh, and another year older. I had a really nice birthday yesterday yesterday/ :)

Hope to catch up with everything going on here soon.

lisa32989 03-31-2013 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bubbleblower (Post 4688954)
Just wanted to let you all know I'm still around but have zero time for posting or even keeping up with how everyone is doing. I'm still holding steady below my original goal of 134 so that's good for me! Given all the challenges with moving, work and everything else I think that's an accomplishment. So, I'm content. Oh, and another year older. I had a really nice birthday yesterday yesterday/ :)

Happy birthday and I'm glad to hear you're doing well even WITH all the stress

Quote:

Originally Posted by MonicaKolesnik (Post 4688913)
If it was not for IP and the control I have gained over my stress eating, this weekend would have been a disaster on my waistline. For all of you that remember my DH rolled and wrote of his car a little while back and then we went through all the insurance and loans, etc and bought him new car....well yesterday in the city a women went through a red and smashed his brand new car, lots o damage and we have not even made the first payment. This is happened on my second of 3 nights and to say I was stressed is an understatement. My husband is fine, that is the most important thing, but we are both stressed to the max as it seems to be one thing after another. As I said I am glad while on IP I have learned how stress is my trigger, and so have come to control it. I have to deal with the situations that are making me depressed or stressed instead of trying to stuff them with food. One more night shift then time for more insurance fun. :(

Oh no!!!!!
I'm so glad he is okay.
Deep breaths!