3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   New Phase 1 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/277989-new-phase-1-a.html)

Breezy414 03-19-2013 01:55 PM

New Phase 1

So I was at my weigh in this morning and my coach handed me a new phase 1 sheet. 5 changes to note:

1. They are changing the potassium-Calcium supplement to a potassium-citrate. Can anyone explain the differene? She didnt know..

2. They are coming out with an Ideal Salt to replace the sea salt.....I suppose it was just a matter of time..

3. They now have and are requiring a fish oil supplement.

4. Rutabaga has been moved to Occasional vegetables.

5. Increase egg serving to 4 WHOLE eggs & 2 egg whites.

Nothing major, but thought I would share - not sure if anyone had yet.

ragdoll74 03-19-2013 01:56 PM

Can you scan it and post it?

Debrasb 03-19-2013 02:22 PM

Haven't seen the sheet yet but so glad they clarified Rutabega (aka Swede) for us. It helps to know what we all suspected.

Breezy414 03-19-2013 02:38 PM

New Phase 1 Sheet

1 Attachment(s)
Here ya go...I hope it worked.

Mother of the Groom 03-19-2013 02:39 PM

Oh noooo...there goes my fries : (

Although to be honest whenever I had them I noticed nothing happens on my scale for a couple days..Probably for the best then : )

ladylunk 03-19-2013 02:39 PM

But kinda sad about the rutabaga. Although looking back I really only have it a couple of times a week and only a cup at a time. Now if my fry loving husband were still doing this diet, that wouldn't be too good!

ragdoll74 03-19-2013 02:45 PM

thanks for posting it!

countrychic 03-19-2013 04:02 PM

At the bottom of that sheet it says:

IMPORTANT - Anything that is not included on this sheet is not allowed.

Does that mean that 0/0/0 stuff like WF isn't allowed anymore?

ragdoll74 03-19-2013 04:06 PM

There was some discussion on the coming changes a week or so ago, and the WF's is still supposed to be ok.

Breezy414 03-19-2013 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by countrychic (Post 4674181)
At the bottom of that sheet it says:

IMPORTANT - Anything that is not included on this sheet is not allowed.

Does that mean that 0/0/0 stuff like WF isn't allowed anymore?

I asked - WF is still ok.

Calisto 03-19-2013 05:35 PM

Quote:

2. They are coming out with an Ideal Salt to replace the sea salt.....I suppose it was just a matter of time..

I wonder if it's different but my office has always sold a salt with an ideal protein label on it, it's tiny though.

My sheet has always said 4 whole eggs and 2 egg whites??

benice 03-19-2013 05:57 PM

Is the eggplant newly added as an occasional veggie? Or have I been been limiting myself for no reason...?

lisa32989 03-19-2013 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calisto (Post 4674302)
I wonder if it's different but my office has always sold a salt with an ideal protein label on it, it's tiny though.

My office sold "Real Salt"
The 6/2012 sheet had 4 whole eggs & 2 egg whites so this one isn't new. Boy! Has this been a conversation here. People thought it was a typo!

Quote:

Originally Posted by benice (Post 4674330)
Is the eggplant newly added as an occasional veggie? Or have I been been limiting myself for no reason...?

It was on the June 2012 sheet as an occasional veggie.
There is so much to keep track of! :dizzy:

Jeaner 03-19-2013 08:29 PM

Our clinic hasn't presented this...yet. I guess since I am just starting it really won't be a change for me. There seem to be lots of things to keep straight until it becomes 2nd nature

Success is Messy 03-19-2013 08:36 PM

My wife (not on IP) is upset about the rutabaga decision. ;)
She never knew she liked them till I started serving them.

benice 03-19-2013 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisa32989 (Post 4674357)
It was on the June 2012 sheet as an occasional veggie.
There is so much to keep track of! :dizzy:

Thanks! That's great!!

Breezy414 03-19-2013 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calisto (Post 4674302)

Coach said it will have potassium added to is..but thats all she said.

My sheet before this said 4 Egg whites and 2 egg yolks.

WorldTraveleronIP 03-19-2013 11:37 PM

Thank you so much for posting the revised phase 1 sheet :)

Jujubie 03-20-2013 08:50 AM

Thanks for scanning this new information!!

Debrasb 03-20-2013 09:11 AM

I notice that with the cabbage note in select vegetables, standard green cabbage is not listed (it lists red, pak choi and bok choy). Anyone else use green cabbage?

Debrasb 03-20-2013 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecmcnamee (Post 4675047)
I only use green cabbage ... darn ... I missed that on my sheet. Wonder if that's why I've had lower numbers these past 2 weeks .... hmmmm.

I use green cabbage all the time, so now I'm panicking!! Especially because I have three heads of it already chopped and ready to cook this week.

ladylunk 03-20-2013 10:08 AM

Oh my goodness about green cabbage... I roast it pretty much daily. I know my coach has said be careful with the green, but have not actually looked up nutritional information as I probably just don't want to know......please share what you hear.

ladylunk 03-20-2013 10:13 AM

Okay read thread and it does sound fine, but would like ip opinion to.

patns 03-20-2013 10:22 AM

Interesting about the potassium. Does that mean dieters are getting half of the calcium now than previously? I had to reduce the amount of calcium on my own when I realized that's what was causing the severe constipation. But I can't remember now what the original amount was. I stopped taking the cal-mag but continued with the potassium and just took magnesium on its own.

BeccaGrim 03-20-2013 10:25 AM

My sheet always said that about the eggs.

Seriously? Green Cabbage? You know what if you are using Green Cabbage and losing weight consistently you aren't going to stop now. I don't mean to suggest being OP but I wonder if we all got heavy because we ate too much Green Cabbage? LOL

SylviesGirl 03-20-2013 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Debrasb (Post 4675060)
I use green cabbage all the time, so now I'm panicking!! Especially because I have three heads of it already chopped and ready to cook this week.

I like to throw it in my salads sometimes for extra crunch and a way to make my salad more "leafy" and not all select veggies. Uh-oh! I'll be watching this issue . . .

PacNW IP 03-20-2013 11:00 AM

Red cabbage, 1 cup chopped:
28 cal, 0 fat, 7 carb, 2 fiber (5 net carb), 1 protein

Green cabbage, 1 cup chopped:
22 cal, 0 fat, 5 carb, 2 fiber (3 net carb), 1 protein

Seems to me like green cabbage is actually a better choice...

Only thing would be if it has some acidic reaction in the body. I think I read that spinach can do something like that. But I eat green cabbage regularly and haven't had any issues.

animallover 03-20-2013 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Breezy414 (Post 4673917)
So I was at my weigh in this morning and my coach handed me a new phase 1 sheet. 5 changes to note:

1. They are changing the potassium-Calcium supplement to a potassium-citrate. Can anyone explain the differene? She didnt know..

3. They now have and are requiring a fish oil supplement.

Nothing major, but thought I would share - not sure if anyone had yet.

Thank you for sharing! I knew the rutabage was too good to be true. I'll have to limit that now.

SylviesGirl 03-20-2013 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PacNW IP (Post 4675178)
Red cabbage, 1 cup chopped:
28 cal, 0 fat, 7 carb, 2 fiber (5 net carb), 1 protein

Green cabbage, 1 cup chopped:
22 cal, 0 fat, 5 carb, 2 fiber (3 net carb), 1 protein

Seems to me like green cabbage is actually a better choice...

Only thing would be if it has some acidic reaction in the body. I think I read that spinach can do something like that. But I eat green cabbage regularly and haven't had any issues.

Well, that worries me for jicama then. Jicama has the same 5 net carbs as the red cabbage (though 6 grams fiber per cup) and higher calories. Jicama is the thing I would be lost without (never got around to the rutabaga fries).

JLUS 03-20-2013 02:49 PM

RED Peppers?? It specifies bell peppers but my sheet pecifies green and red(cooked only.) I even think I recall a thread about that...

Thoughts? (I would LOVE to use raw red peppers as well as cooked!!)
Laurie

ladylunk 03-20-2013 02:56 PM

I never heard of raw peppers only. I know it's new that you are allowed all colours of peppers used to be only green. I know someone who has lost over 80 pounds and red, yellow, and orange peppers were his main veggie. And raw. I mean like atleast 2 cups raw every day if not all 4 cups somedays....... I couldn't do that.

foreveryoung 03-21-2013 12:04 AM

Thank you for sharing this information.

scorbett1103 03-21-2013 11:04 AM

Bell peppers (all colors) are fine, raw or cooked. But because they shrink when they cook you should measure raw if you can.

FlooNimbus13127 03-21-2013 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patns (Post 4675133)
Interesting about the potassium. Does that mean dieters are getting half of the calcium now than previously? I had to reduce the amount of calcium on my own when I realized that's what was causing the severe constipation. But I can't remember now what the original amount was. I stopped taking the cal-mag but continued with the potassium and just took magnesium on its own.

I just purchased a new bottle of the potassium supplement. As mentioned before it is now Potassium Citrate , 99 mg, 2.8%.

A bottle of my old potassium supplement was labeled Potassium bicarbonate, 800 mg, 22% AND Calcium Carbonate, 200 mg, 20%.

They've taken the calcium out of the potassium supplement, which explains the additional calcium supplements they are asking you take on the new Phase 1 sheet.

You should still be getting the same amount of calcium as before, just in different supplements.

Hope that helps!

Rachel3 03-21-2013 05:26 PM

I have had two weeks with difficulty losing weight...my intake in cabbage has been almost everyday with supper using the WF mayonnaise. This may explain the fact that I am not losing. I will also check with my clinic. Maybe if I try not to eat it everynight but more occasionnally. I just found it to be a nice change from salads everyday.

lisa32989 03-21-2013 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rachel3 (Post 4676996)
I have had two weeks with difficulty losing weight...my intake in cabbage has been almost everyday with supper using the WF mayonnaise. This may explain the fact that I am not losing. I will also check with my clinic. Maybe if I try not to eat it everynight but more occasionnally. I just found it to be a nice change from salads everyday.

Cabbage wouldn't replace lettuce.
Cabbage is part of your 4c veggies daily. Lettuce is unlimited.

WebRover 03-23-2013 07:57 AM

Let me start by saying I think the IP program is a great protocol. As of my weigh in day Friday, I've lost 40 pounds since September, and am nearing my second week of Phase 2. I've never paid IP a dime. I was considering participating with a coach, but was underwhelmed by the presentation by the coach and opted to do it alone, with all the help here and from people at work.

I have also been underwhelmed by the quality of the presentation of information on the protocol sheets: lack of clarity around peppers (colored, green, cooked), changes concerning onions (cooked not carmelized, no only raw), how many eggs are a serving, having rutabagas as select and swedes as not permitted when they are the same vegetable, hot mustard as a seasoning with no mention of regular mustard, including Chick Peas as not permitted but not speaking to legumes in general, and lack of clarity about the most common form of cabbage.

However, the simple thing that finally moves me to write this is the typo "Sweetner" in the breakfast section of this new Phase 1 sheet. It just makes me wonder about thoroughness and quality control taken with the other inconsistencies. I do understand that the protocol will change as new information comes to light. The sheet should be crystal clear since everyone is being told to "follow the sheet". It just makes we wonder what else is inaccurate on the sheet. Perhaps this sheet was put together by the local center, "The Ideal Weigh" instead of corporate IP.

maezy1 03-29-2013 07:46 PM

At this point Ive been through so many "new" sheets and i am following the one I have since I am almost at the 80lb mark.

California Kathy 03-30-2013 03:31 AM

Wow! Thanks for the new sheet! I've had rutabegas and turnips confused!! Been eating rutabegas like they were going out of style! my scale hasn't dropped even an iota for two weeks. sheeeesh. Also, the old sheet I have says 5 oz of meat. Really? it's now 8oz??? This is good news if it's true.

Gonna really try 03-30-2013 07:41 AM

NO, NOT My BEGGIES!!

I have them almost ever other day. Figures. I am so sad:(