Old 03-02-2013, 08:43 PM   #1  

S/C/G: HW 212/148/130~174/139/130

Height: 5'4

Default IP Whole Food Alternatives?

Has anyone out there done an IP alternative diet using only whole foods - meaning no drink powders or meal/snack bars, etc? I am interested in looking into doing a form of IP alternative, but using egg whites, lean protein (fish/chicken), vegetables, and fruits. I drink water, tea, and decaf coffee with no sugar or sugar substitutes and will stick to those things for beverages. I am in a serious plateau and want to change things up in how I eat to see if I can kick myself out of it. I did buy some EAS shakes, and I can't stand them - they taste like pure chemicals to me - especially since I am not used to eating/drinking processed foods anymore. Is there a whole foods method to doing IP, or should I just look for something else to kick me out of this "sophomore slump" in weight loss? Thanks for any advice....
guacamole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 08:50 PM   #2  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Google PSMF diet. You should be able to find some guidelines online.
ragdoll74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 08:58 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 167/152/145

I actually don't do much processed foods other than the protein shakes and bars (for my dessert). I have not purchased any IP products. I cook all of my food and have protein provided to me in the form of meat, poultry, fish or eggs. You should check out Tran Tien's Protocol II on his website. That is what most people learn to follow. For breakfast, if you don't want a shake and want real food.. then I would eat some egg whites with some veggies in it and maybe some veggie cheese. I prefer a shake in the mornings becasue it's easier for me with being on the go. If you don't like the EAS shakes, you may want to try a muscle milk light shake(muscle milk is one of the best tasting brands on the market but be sure to get the light.) or i also love the syntha6 isolate mixes as well. They are very good and don't taste processed. For my lunch, I have some type of protein with salad and two cups of veggies. Some times I'll just eat my veggies crunchy with some spices on them or roast them the night before with some yummy seasoning. My protein can be anything from roast beef, fish, tuna, chicken, shrimp etc. I really try to plan my meals, so that helps a ton. Dinner is the same for me as well. And you can always have more egg whites for your snack, if you need one. I hope that helps and good luck!

http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique27
DontGiveUp17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 09:01 PM   #4  

Lyle McDonald has some free downloads if you search for them
Here is his website:http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/the...-loss-handbook

I'm guessing John may show up to steer your direction, too.
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 10:34 AM   #5  

Thanks so much for the advice and links!
Old 03-03-2013, 10:45 AM   #6  
Heading Downtown...

S/C/G: 225/165/165

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Lyle McDonald has some free downloads if you search for them
Here is his website:http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/the...-loss-handbook

I'm guessing John may show up to steer your direction, too.
Just an FYI... I think if you google something like "Rapid Fat Loss Handbook PDF" you can download and look at it for free...

Last edited by TripSwitch; 03-04-2013 at 07:26 PM.
TripSwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 03:22 PM   #7  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

I personally favor Rapid Fat Loss to the IP diet, based on the fact that it is whole foods based, it's not a one size fits all program, and it has significantly better education on how the human body works.

On the other hand you don't have any in person accountability.

As for Lyle's book being available, for free, that is not of his choosing. That is a pirated rouge copy, first edition. Some changes have been made between v1 and v2.

I'll admit, I didn't buy the book initially. I downloaded it to read the nutritional information and ultimately decided to follow the diet. I then decided I shouldn't cheat Lyle and bought the book. I understand just downloading it but if you find it useful and valuable I would urge you to support the author. In particular, this author who has literally hundreds of valuable and insightful free articles on his ad free website.
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 12:32 PM   #8  

Thanks for the ideas! I'll check out the book and see if it's something I can adhere to. So many diets out there work if you work them - but not every diet is conducive to every person's lifestyle and personal preferences. It's all about finding something I can live with and stick with - which for me will be more of an adjustment to what I already do - since I know whole foods and calorie counting have been working up till now.