Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2013, 12:56 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 165/144/135.

Height: 5'2"

Default Dissappointing weigh in

Weightnthe same, but i did lose a total of 3 1/2 inches this week. Mstarted a little flow this morning. Coach said that was the reason for not losing weight but losing inches. Said next week should be better.
Old 02-25-2013, 01:01 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 186.6/126.8/125

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by heritagesoftail View Post
Happy Monday everyone . On day 6 and feeling great. Question for ladies. Did you still lose weight when TOM arrived ?
I have a tendency to have my whoosh week the week before I'm due to start. Then after it's over, I have a slow loss week.

I injured my thumb snowboarding yesterday (no broken bones, but the doctor seems to think I have soft tissue injuries) I'm waiting to see an orthopeadic doctor today or tomorrow...

QUESTION...will the Vicodin and/or anti-inflammatory meds I'm taking effect my weight loss? Does anyone know?
Old 02-25-2013, 01:24 PM   #18  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrskuby View Post
Good morning! I stepped on the scale and I'm up 4 lbs this morning!! I'm feeling yucky so I think I may be coming down with a cold and I also got lots of exercise yesterday pulling up the kitchen floor so my muscles are a bit sore. I really hope that the issue is just inflammation! It's not possible to gain 4 lbs of fat in four days of eating OP, right??
LOL definitely just inflammation/water weight You have to eat 3500 calories to gain a pound of fat, so unless you went on a 14,000 calorie binge, it will all flush away Also, make sure when you do strenuous work like that (because exercise is more than just working out!) make sure you add a packet just like if you went to the gym - your body needs those calories!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disgal View Post
I am minus 1 lb today. I have been averaging 1.3ish per week for the last month. I really don't know what's going on. I looked at my old paperwork from two years ago when I was at this weight (with still 20ish to go)....and I was losing steadily 2-3 lbs a week!!! Talk about frustrating!! Grrrr lol!!!
The only thing different this time is I'm drinking more water (not crazy/not chugging), at least 100 oz a day. I DID start using Alternative products last week (by the way my coach thinks there's too much sugar in the Protidiet Peanut Butter and Smooth Caramel Crisp bar......any thoughts appreciated), but I really don't think that's it either. Boohoo!
Oh well.....I guess we just keep trekking along!

Have a Magical Monday everyone!
I've seen more than a few people post in the Reboot thread that the weight didn't come off as fast the 2nd time around. Plus two years can make a big difference in the WAY your body functions (metabolism, hormone levels, etc) so your body may just be processing differently.

Quote:
Happy Monday everyone . On day 6 and feeling great. Question for ladies. Did you still lose weight when TOM arrived ?
Yes, but always MUCH lower losses than non TOM weeks

Quote:
The funny part is that is was 1 1/2 weeks early and that never happens
That's normal. Women store estrogen in their fat cells, so when we lose a lot of weight quickly it floods our system, and wreaks havoc on our cycles. That's also why we might PMS a lot more than normal while on IP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabulousatfifty View Post
Good Morning, almost afternoon now.

I am starting week 4 on IP = down 12.4 pounds. I am really struggling with morning hunger. Even when I have a restricted breakfast (like oatmeal), I seem to still be hungry after I eat. I then drink tea and water to get me through to lunch at 12 noon. This morning I had a mid morning snack of 1 cup celery sticks and WF blue cheese dressing which I enjoyed.

Yesterday I at my protein (meat) for lunch, and that helped. But having my main meal at dinner is just not working.

Has anyone else had the bad hunger in the morning? Also is the Chicken a la King soup retricted? It was very tasty with Brocolli but it is not on my center's restricted list.

Keep up the good work ladies (and gents)!
You can break up your 8oz protein and 4 cups of veggies across your day however works best for you. If it's too much to eat 8oz at dinner and you need the boost earlier in the day, have some protein with lunch. You can also have 2 egg whites per day as a "Freebie" and unlimited lettuce (a bowl of lettuce has been my saving grace many times!)
Old 02-25-2013, 01:25 PM   #19  
Started IP 12/6/12

S/C/G: 174/137/134

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suchawittygal View Post
I have a tendency to have my whoosh week the week before I'm due to start. Then after it's over, I have a slow loss week.

I injured my thumb snowboarding yesterday (no broken bones, but the doctor seems to think I have soft tissue injuries) I'm waiting to see an orthopeadic doctor today or tomorrow...

QUESTION...will the Vicodin and/or anti-inflammatory meds I'm taking effect my weight loss? Does anyone know?
Sorry to hear about the thumb. Vicodin, etc. can cause constipation, which in turn can impact your weight.
Old 02-25-2013, 01:27 PM   #20  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:

It probably will show a little on the scale - but you will KNOW it's water weight and not real weight and not stress about it till after you're healed, yes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonna really try View Post
Weightnthe same, but i did lose a total of 3 1/2 inches this week. Mstarted a little flow this morning. Coach said that was the reason for not losing weight but losing inches. Said next week should be better.
How can you be disappointed in a THREE AND A HALF inch loss??? Remember to keep the big picture in view - weight loss is NOT linear, it's not just a constant downward drop. Your body will adjust along the way - some weeks it will be pounds, others inches, some weeks it may be almost no change because your body has to adjust to its new weight. The important thing is you are moving in the right direction and sticking to the plan.
Old 02-25-2013, 01:30 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 267/159/150

Height: 5"3

I am getting really nervous about WI Wednesday. I am letting those women play with my head. I actually went back on MFP to see if I was doing anything different. Not really.

I really have to plan out what I am going to say.
Old 02-25-2013, 01:33 PM   #22  
Started IP 2/13/13

S/C/G: 248/123/123

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
During this dieting process a lot of estrogen gets released from your fat cells. It can result in moodiness, as well as changes in your menstral cycle. It is very typical.
That must explain the temper tantrum I threw in the kitchen Saturday night when my broiler kept setting off the smoke alarm. It's my TOM, but still, gosh, I surprised even myself! Oh, the joys . . . on the bright side, my family has been much more helpful in keeping the kitchen clean ever since.
Old 02-25-2013, 01:40 PM   #23  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaNurse View Post
I am getting really nervous about WI Wednesday. I am letting those women play with my head. I actually went back on MFP to see if I was doing anything different. Not really.

I really have to plan out what I am going to say.
That's really sad when you are worried about talking to your coach 2 days before your weigh in. It sounds more like they are bullies than coaches. Try to relax, the stress will not help with weight loss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SylviesGirl View Post
That must explain the temper tantrum I threw in the kitchen Saturday night when my broiler kept setting off the smoke alarm. It's my TOM, but still, gosh, I surprised even myself! Oh, the joys . . . on the bright side, my family has been much more helpful in keeping the kitchen clean ever since.
I'll have to try that approach to get my family more involved with cleaning.
Old 02-25-2013, 01:43 PM   #24  

I started IP last week while on TOM and lost 7lbs! This week I am totally stalled and am hoping that I lose something tomorrow at my weigh in. I don't believe I have done anything different or eaten anything I shouldn't have. I have had some trouble with constipation, but started Miralax so hopefully that will help. Anyone else stall so quickly after starting?
Old 02-25-2013, 01:58 PM   #25  
Started IP 4/4/2012

S/C/G: 267.8/150/150

Height: 5'5'

Just wanted to say that I'm back from the cruise -I've been back for a week. We just missed the blizzard - we left at 6am to head down to Miami. If they were closing the airport we were going to rent a car and drive straight thru - we had 4 people so we would take shifts. We were not going to miss that boat!!

We had a great time! The boat was gorgeous (only 4 months old), the entertainment was great and the food was wonderful.

I had lost 1.8# my first week on P3 and gained 1.4# my 2nd week. (I really liked those P3 breakfasts!) We came back on Saturday night and Sunday morning like I told myself I would do I was right back on P1 to finish loosing. When I weighed in on Wednesday afternoon I was down .4#.

I ate what I wanted, I had desserts, a couple of drinks, waffles, bacon, pizza... I didn't go nuts tho (not nearly as much as I could have!). I tried to drink all of the water we're supposed to, it was a lot less than what I normally drink.

I did overeat a couple of times and realized that I do not like that feeling you get in your stomach (both inside and outside!) when you do. It did not feel good. This is something that I need to remember when I'm on maintenance, especially my cheat days.

So I'm back on P1 - I'm having a hard time journaling, I eat the same thing every day, so I'm figuring what's the point, but I should do it to keep on track.

Different subjiect - It still bothers me that my coach said that she had people "graduate" from the program. The maintenance is the hard part of this process - you don't graduate from that. I have 20 or so pounds left (want to get to size 10, so not sure what that is), I should start thinking of maintenance soon, but I don't know if she's the best one to help me with that. She suggests the Paleo diet for maintenance, which is another very strict diet, I dont think I can do what I've done for the past 11 months for the rest of my life. I've been successfull partially becuase I knew there was an end to the very restricted life I've been leading.

Hope everyone is doing well. This is the first time I've checked in since I've been back, so I haven't kept up.
Old 02-25-2013, 02:29 PM   #26  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbleblower View Post
Sorry to hear about the thumb. Vicodin, etc. can cause constipation, which in turn can impact your weight.
Thank you Bubbleblower...perhaps I should try some of that Smooth Move tea everyone is talking about. Where does one get that stuff?
Old 02-25-2013, 02:35 PM   #27  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbleblower View Post
OMG! I figured out how to quote numerous things in one reply! Yay me!

Again, Thanks Bubbleblower. I'm going to look for that smooth move tea. I think that will help.

[QUOTE=scorbett1103;4645730]It probably will show a little on the scale - but you will KNOW it's water weight and not real weight and not stress about it till after you're healed, yes?

Yes, thank you Scorbett! I'm going to keep that in mind when I weigh in on Friday. I'm hoping for a good week after my very small loss last week. I have an Orthopeadist appointment tomorrow at 8:45am.
Old 02-25-2013, 02:49 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 188/see tracker/120

Height: 5'4"

Good Afternoon!
Does anyone know if the new Atkins Frozen Dinners are allowed on the IP plan as a meal? I apologize if this has already been addressed somewhere else. I haven't been on the chats lately due to having no computer access.
Thank you!

Last edited by pianonan; 02-25-2013 at 03:04 PM.
Old 02-25-2013, 02:54 PM   #29  
IP Start 01/25/13

S/C/G: 223/182/170

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Thank you Bubbleblower...perhaps I should try some of that Smooth Move tea everyone is talking about. Where does one get that stuff?
I get it at my local grocery store in the regular tea area. I haven't tried the plain tea (lots of people complain about the flavor) but the peppermint is actually quite good.
Old 02-25-2013, 02:59 PM   #30  
Started IP 2/13/13

S/C/G: 248/123/123

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdoll74 View Post
That's really sad when you are worried about talking to your coach 2 days before your weigh in. It sounds more like they are bullies than coaches. Try to relax, the stress will not help with weight loss.
I agree with ragdoll74, your coach/es are supposed to be helping you and nothing else . . . they work for you. I wouldn't do well in that kind of atmosphere . . . I would get either intimidated or rebellious . . . for me, both roads lead to the same bad place. Good luck.
Closed Thread