Quest Bar as an alternative

You're on Page 24 of 31
Go to
  • Quote: Well, I follow the guidelines... I just happen to be using alternatives... I feel like some members on here think that being 100% IP is the best (and only) way to make this diet successful, but that isn't true. You can still follow the guidelines and lose weight without being 100% IP. Just saying...
    There are plenty of people that use alternatives but still stick with the protocol rules.

Also, if you stick around the forum long enough you will see that, yes, people still lose weight not being 100% OP but the majority of people that keep the weight off for good are OP, all the time.

Many people have come and gone throughout the last year and most of the ones who have "gone" are the ones who widen the loop holes.
  • Quote: There are plenty of people that use alternatives but still stick with the protocol rules.

Also, if you stick around the forum long enough you will see that, yes, people still lose weight not being 100% OP but the majority of people that keep the weight off for good are OP, all the time.

Many people have come and gone throughout the last year and most of the ones who have "gone" are the ones who widen the loop holes.
    Well, I am one of those people who follow the guidelines... you are allowed one restricted item a day, and my Quest bar is my restricted item.

When I respond to people regarding the Quest bars, it's just to let them know that they can still lose weight even if they have one a day (which is allowed on this protocol). Sometimes people need a restricted item to get them through the day or week. Since it's allowed, I don't see what the problem is... I always seem to get negative responses from one member, and I don't know why... maybe I'm missing something?
  • Quote: Well, I am one of those people who follow the guidelines... you are allowed one restricted item a day, and my Quest bar is my restricted item.

When I respond to people regarding the Quest bars, it's just to let them know that they can still lose weight even if they have one a day (which is allowed on this protocol). Sometimes people need a restricted item to get them through the day or week. Since it's allowed, I don't see what the problem is... I always seem to get negative responses from one member, and I don't know why... maybe I'm missing something?
    krazykat...
    There is NO problem having one restricted item per day, you are right. In fact, IP was designed to include one each day for everyone.

The comments shared were not to dissuade anyone either from using alternatives, nor having a restricted item. 100% OP includes both scenarios and just about everyone here stands by that!

What was being pointed out was simply that when choosing restricted or non-restricted items, one has to look at the carb/sugar content, the fat content AND the calorie content. Each of those has IP comparable guidelines and tells you if an item is non-restricted, restricted or non-compliant.

Some Quest bars are too high on at least one of these items to be used daily and still be IP compliant. (Super restricted quest bars, of which there are a few, would be on the high side of one of these items and would be more wisely used 1-2 times per week.)

So the caution wasn't to not use Quest, it was just to be sure everyone knows to consider all three factors when selecting bars.
  • Quote: Well, I am one of those people who follow the guidelines... you are allowed one restricted item a day, and my Quest bar is my restricted item.

I agree. I think it is important to have your special/restricted item, it makes for a good treat. I know it helps keep me focused and prevents cheating.

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough is my FAVORITE!
  • Quote: I agree. I think it is important to have your special/restricted item, it makes for a good treat. I know it helps keep me focused and prevents cheating.

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough is my FAVORITE!
    I love the Cinnamon Roll, Strawberry Cheesecake, Coconut Cashew, and the Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough!
  • I also LOVE the Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, but can't buy more than one at a time. They are just TOO good. I don't like what might happen if I had a whole box of them in the house.

Right now, I am loving the Vanilla Almond Crunch. I cut it up into little pieces, about 20 pieces, and freeze it in a ziploc baggie. It takes a long time to eat, and it tastes like chewy, caramel/nut candy! I can get through an entire movie with my snack! So good, but it doesn't make me crave "MORE MORE MORE" like the Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough bars.
  • Quest Bar cookies....the best IP snack I have made.

Cut a quest bar into 6 pieces, place on a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper. Bake for 7 minutes at 350 degrees. If you like crispy cookies, flip them for another 1-2 minutes.

These are the best cookies ever!!! No other ingredients, no oil, nothing added.

Try them, you won't regret it.
  • Quote: Quest Bar cookies....the best IP snack I have made.

Cut a quest bar into 6 pieces, place on a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper. Bake for 7 minutes at 350 degrees. If you like crispy cookies, flip them for another 1-2 minutes.

That sounds good. I have heard of warming them up but never baking. Very interesting.
  • I did have one at lunch time today, it was the right cargo pocket of my uniform pants and kinda warm =)
  • GNC has Quest bars on sale. Buy one box get 50% off second box.
  • I've heard so much about the Quest bars so I bought six of them. I tried the cinnamon roll and didn't think it was very good. After trying one of a different flavor, I gave up. I just don't see what the attraction is. I still have four of them sitting on the shelf.
    I much prefer the chocolate caramel crunch bars from Proti-diet. It's amazing how everyone has such different tastes.
  • Has anyone tried their pasta? Did you like it?
  • I just tried my first quest bar last night and they are pretty amazing for a protein bar. I feel like I am cheating. I am a little worried about the high carb content but i know the fiber offsets it, I will be looking for stalls though by incorporating these.
  • Quote: I just tried my first quest bar last night and they are pretty amazing for a protein bar. I feel like I am cheating. I am a little worried about the high carb content but i know the fiber offsets it, I will be looking for stalls though by incorporating these.
    We look at net carbs (total minus fiber)
    So, the Quest bars are not high carb at all!

A handful of folks have seen stalls but most people use them with no problem. They cause me crazy cravings so I limit them.
  • Quote: Quest Bar cookies....the best IP snack I have made.

I just tried this with the Cinnamon Roll. I cut the bar into 8 pieces and baked for 7 minutes at 350 but I didn't flip and cook for another 1-2. They were quite good. Only thing I would add is to keep them on the parchment paper. As they cooled, they stuck to the plate!