Old 01-30-2013, 01:37 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 280/Ticker/190

Height: 5'10"

Default I fell off the wagon. BUT...

I had 60lbs to lose.. somewhere around 40lbs lost on IP I fell off the wagon. I have gained and lost the same 5lbs about 10 times now, but have not lowered my lowest number on the scale for months. I have 20lbs left to lose by April and I need one (or all) of you to get me pumped!!

PLEASE someone give me a really intense pep-talk. My wedding is in mid-July and I pick up my dress the first week of April.

As it is now, I'm 5'10" and a size 14. I'm not fitting into clothes very well because I'm right in the middle of plus size and straight sizes (plus is too big and straight is mostly too short for my height) I NEED to lose this last 20lbs or else I will never enjoy shopping again and I will regret not looking KILLER in my wedding photos! ... as a professional personal shopper, I need to like going to the mall!

So. Someone out there is full of words for me.. where are you? My own self-pep-talks aren't working so well. :P

Lindsey
LindseyTradeChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 01:45 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Start today. Forget about falling off the wagon and refocus on phase 1. You will lose the weir before the wedding and be happy you did it for yourself.

Weight maintenance is an ongoing process. Think of how you feel now and remember it for times you are tempted to throw in the towel.

You can do it! But don't wait to get going!
Momto2cs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 01:51 PM   #3  
SBDubs

S/C/G: 198.4/179.6/165

Height: 5'11''

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindseyTradeChic View Post
I had 60lbs to lose.. somewhere around 40lbs lost on IP I fell off the wagon. I have gained and lost the same 5lbs about 10 times now, but have not lowered my lowest number on the scale for months. I have 20lbs left to lose by April and I need one (or all) of you to get me pumped!!

PLEASE someone give me a really intense pep-talk. My wedding is in mid-July and I pick up my dress the first week of April.

As it is now, I'm 5'10" and a size 14. I'm not fitting into clothes very well because I'm right in the middle of plus size and straight sizes (plus is too big and straight is mostly too short for my height) I NEED to lose this last 20lbs or else I will never enjoy shopping again and I will regret not looking KILLER in my wedding photos! ... as a professional personal shopper, I need to like going to the mall!

So. Someone out there is full of words for me.. where are you? My own self-pep-talks aren't working so well. :P

Lindsey
We have about the same stats! I'm 5'11" and when I started I was at 192. It my lowest I was 156. I am back up to the upper 160s and planning to get back down and maintain around 155.

COMMIT for 2 weeks without cheats or ANYTHING. Before you know it, you'll be back in the routine and not even think that you only made a 2 week commitment. You know how to do this because you already have. Final stretch! Eyes on the prize!!!

Last edited by staceyjblack; 01-30-2013 at 01:52 PM.
staceyjblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 01:51 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 210/145/145

Height: 5'4"

I agree with Momto2cs! Start right now. Don't have one bite off protocol. This is for YOU! YOU lost the first 40lbs and it is now time for YOU to finish strong. YOU can so do that but only if YOU commit to what you chose to eat.

rofl306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 01:56 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 144/138.0/118

Height: 5'0"

Default Hi Momto2cs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2cs View Post
Start today. Forget about falling off the wagon and refocus on phase 1. You will lose the weir before the wedding and be happy you did it for yourself.

Weight maintenance is an ongoing process. Think of how you feel now and remember it for times you are tempted to throw in the towel.

You can do it! But don't wait to get going!
I need to ask you a question.....I am starting phase 2 today and I was wondering if I will continue to lose weight....Also how long were you in phase 2.....Thank you in advance
LexiChanel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:01 PM   #6  

Some folks have teased Scorbett and I that we can be like "Good Cop - Bad Cop" I can certainly go all "Bad Cop" on you but you're already doing that to yourself.

Here's the lowdown.

We make up our minds to do what is important to us.
If we choose to cheat, that is what we made up our mind to do & that must have been more important than succeeding on IP.

If we choose to have 100% success on this plan, that is what we made up our minds to do.

When I see things like: "I did xyz but..."
All I see is the excuse. I don't even need to read any word after "but". I see a person who has made up their mind to do something OTHER than be 100% committed to staying with IP to goal.

When I see excuses, I'm gonna call a spade a spade and call it an excuse. You either want it or you don't.

There are people on this forum who have a tougher life than I do & THEY are succeeding. Do I believe they have some magic ability I don't? Nope. I believe they have resolve. They have decided to put themselves first and to succeed on this plan NO MATTER WHAT.

So, instead of looking at what is going wrong, look at all the threads where people talk about how they are doing it DESPITE obstacles. I lurked on the 100% thread and waited until I had a month OP before joining in. The reason for this was that I wanted to learn from them & keep "myself" out of the way. I just needed to be quiet and listen/learn.

What do people who are succeeding do?
1. HAVE A PLAN. If we fail to plan, we plan to fail.
2. Keep things interesting. Use variety. There are plenty of great recipe threads
3. stay connected to others
4. Celebrate successes rather than wallow in failure
5. Stay positive. Look at attitude. Does it need adjustment?

There is more but that is enough for now.
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:03 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexiChanel1 View Post
I need to ask you a question.....I am starting phase 2 today and I was wondering if I will continue to lose weight....Also how long were you in phase 2.....Thank you in advance
Lexi: You might want to find a thread where this question fits better. This is off-topic in this thread.
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:05 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 269/203/170

Height: 5'7"

You can do this! Go back through your phase 1 rules and refresh your memory of the rules for phase 1 and do a "bootcamp!" Act like it's your first day of IP and get back to basics. Plan out your meals in advance, on paper, so you do not ever question what you will eat each day - because it's all part of a grand plan for your wedding! Put a printed copy of your plan on the refrigerator for a visual Congrats on our wedding, what a beautiful day it will be!
JudithL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 03:26 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 280/Ticker/190

Height: 5'10"

Thank you everyone!!!
LindseyTradeChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:19 PM   #10  
Started IP 1/7/13

S/C/G: 252/220/152

Height: 5'2"

Look how far you have come already! You can do it! Be sure to journal everything, that keeps me in check!
my31rewards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:45 PM   #11  
IP Start date 12/18/12

S/C/G: 228.4/171/165

Height: 5 ft 10 inches

Its day #1 for you. Don't think of the past, think of it as starting from the beginning.
BeccaGrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:50 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

You've done it before, you can do it again.

Post your menu (and outfit) of the day on your blog for accountability.

I keep checking for updates...haven't seen one in awhile!!!
IdealProteinNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote