3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Those pesky last 10 pounds (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/271471-those-pesky-last-10-pounds.html)

sonyainva 12-17-2012 08:20 AM

Day 5 of 28, I have been asked by my coach to add an extra packet because I am up at 5am most days and go to bed around 10:00pm.

But instead of a packet I have been eating meat.

I think I need to eat packets. Constantly tweaking.

22 days till judgement day for me, which is January 9th.

I had taken pictures december 9th and my love handles are already looking better.

so much of this is a mental game

sonyainva 12-18-2012 08:48 AM

Yesterday I did have an extra packet instead of meat, saved me some calories.

Weight is not down this week, had dim sum and soy sauce on sunday, soy sauce always has me retain water.

May need to do eggs instead of chicken for a few days to see downward movement on the scale.

Day 6 of 28. It helps to come to 3fc and also that I have an end in sight.

Starshine 12-18-2012 10:22 AM

I love how you're working through this, Sonya. I've started drinking extra water when I have soy sauce or something that has extra salt in it. Found that advice here on 3Chicks. :)

sonyainva 12-19-2012 07:43 AM

Thank you starshine, I have to constantly remind myself how grateful I am to ip. How far I have come in 13 weeks, feels like every one around me is waiting for me to gain it back.

12/11/12 hit 128.4
Today finally 128.0 with Tom starting

Day 7 of 28 and moving along

Starshine 12-19-2012 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonyainva (Post 4560288)
Thank you starshine, I have to constantly remind myself how grateful I am to ip. How far I have come in 13 weeks, feels like every one around me is waiting for me to gain it back.

12/11/12 hit 128.4
Today finally 128.0 with Tom starting

Day 7 of 28 and moving along

Congrats on the 128! Sonya! Especially with TOM. Scorbett mentioned drinking tons of water to flush out the water retention when she had TOM, she has a great loss that week. I tried it last week, and I had my best TOM loss ever.

How frustrating that everyone is just waiting for you to gain the weight back! You have done so well on this diet, and you are working your food and exercises to continue on. Show those people that you can do this!

I know I'm scared of maintaining, but I figure if I just work it the way I've done Phase 1, I should be okay (and if not, I'll catch myself and do Phase 1 again). It's about what works for me. I never want to gain that weight back and be that person again.

Keep it up, Sonya! You're doing great! :)

scorbett1103 12-19-2012 08:58 AM

Awesome job Sonya!!!

Starshine - it's really amazing how well our bodies respond when they are well hydrated! Sometimes I get lazy with the water and it definitely shows.

benice 12-19-2012 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scorbett1103 (Post 4560338)
Awesome job Sonya!!!

Starshine - it's really amazing how well our bodies respond when they are well hydrated! Sometimes I get lazy with the water and it definitely shows.

Yep. Me too. Water can be hard (esp on the weekends when I'm out and about). But it makes such a difference. Thanks for the reminder.

Starshine 12-19-2012 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scorbett1103 (Post 4560338)
Awesome job Sonya!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by benice (Post 4560419)
Yep. Me too. Water can be hard (esp on the weekends when I'm out and about). But it makes such a difference. Thanks for the reminder.

This really means a lot to me. I'm going to try to up my water some more too. I know that I've been drinking like 18+ glasses a day lately, and my weight has been coming off faster too. I'll keep it up. thanks, Scorbett and benice!

sonyainva 12-20-2012 03:46 AM

Great job on the hydration tip. Keep it up ladies.

Scorbett yoga will work wonders as you are already finding out.

Today is day 8, less than 3 weeks for judgement day.

benice 12-20-2012 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Starshine (Post 4560760)
This really means a lot to me. I'm going to try to up my water some more too. I know that I've been drinking like 18+ glasses a day lately, and my weight has been coming off faster too. I'll keep it up. thanks, Scorbett and benice!

18 cups seems like quite a bit! (I feel like I'm going to float away at over 70 oz! ;)). Be careful of over hydration, too. Good luck!!

sonyainva 12-22-2012 06:58 AM

18 cups is a lot of water. Do what feels right for your body.

Day 10 of 28 today.
Yesterday I was not so good, had some cashews.

But on a positive note was full all day, as opposed to being hungry.

Learning to deal with compliments. In the past compliments meant I had been licensed to eat three servings of all the desserts at the party. Now I am learning. Watching how the skinny people only eat slivers of dessert.

I am afraid I will be at my goal for only that one time and then **** will break loose. So being very mindful.

Did a 20 min body for life run this morning.

I see beautiful changes in my love handles, learning to be grateful. Like fishette says I am going for fabulous not just good enough.

Thank you for all the support

Fishette 12-22-2012 08:37 AM

2 pesky pounds left. Then I'll let exercise smooth out anything left. My Texas grand kids arrive tomorrow. I was hoping to be done before they arrived, but not so. Now I'm working on being done by New Years Day. As someone else said, my resolution will be about maintaining and exercising. IP will be my last diet.

I've got a trainer to show me the ropes on the equipment at our gym at work, plus I'm looking at a Zumba class, spin class (if the music isn't too loud) and swimming, each once a week. Um, I get bored easily, can you tell?

Do you think a 55 yo doing Zumba would look foolish and mess up the dance-team vive that people love so much?

scorbett1103 12-22-2012 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishette (Post 4562555)
2 pesky pounds left. Then I'll let exercise smooth out anything left. My Texas grand kids arrive tomorrow. I was hoping to be done before they arrived, but not so. Now I'm working on being done by New Years Day. As someone else said, my resolution will be about maintaining and exercising. IP will be my last diet.

I've got a trainer to show me the ropes on the equipment at our gym at work, plus I'm looking at a Zumba class, spin class (if the music isn't too loud) and swimming, each once a week. Um, I get bored easily, can you tell?

Do you think a 55 yo doing Zumba would look foolish and mess up the dance-team vive that people love so much?

LOL no way - the Zumba class my friend teaches has a few women in their late 60's, they all have a great time :) I am SO looking forward to really getting into exercise. I got a 3 month membership to the Y for the beginning of the year, the kids will be taking swim classes and I will probably just walk the treadmill till I hit Phase 3, but then I see Body Pump classes, Zumba, Indoor Cycling Club, and Yoga in my future!! Nevermind actually hitting the equipment :)

Fishette 12-22-2012 09:41 AM

Good to know about the 60 yos having fun. Think I will give it a try. A nice thing about the spin class is no one can see what resistance setting you set your bike to, so everyone is at their own pace and you don't get caught up in the peer pressure. Well, I guess there is some pressure to keep moving and not stop early. That's just the type of peer pressure I need. I always liked swimming because you can only think about stopping early at the end of each lap. If you have the willpower to start another lap, then you are pretty much forced to finish it before you can get out if the pool. :o

sonyainva 12-22-2012 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishette (Post 4562555)

Congrats on the two pounds. Enjoy the grand kids. 55 year old doing Zumba no problem, age is only an issue if you let it be. I assumed you were 30 something, since I saw bikini and Tahiti 2008.

I am 43 and don't care, really looking forward to wearing my first bikini ever.
I shall be looking at you as my role model.

Scorbett you are rocking ip.