Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2012, 04:17 AM   #1  

Default IP Daily Chat Friday 12/7/2012

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
and here Fun with Veggie Purees!

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions!

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19
Old 12-07-2012, 07:15 AM   #2  
60 great years young

S/C/G: 188/ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Good morning all you beautiful IP ers! A few days into week 3 and I am loving this plan! mpMy body feels great and is beginning to look different. This weekend I will read some of Dr Trans book to begin to understand why this works so well. Your posts and reccomended actions have made this one of the best changes in my life. Every post invaluable! So many who have drastically changed themselves on these boards. I feel inspired today and intend to take that with me and share it thru the day. THANK YOU!
Old 12-07-2012, 08:01 AM   #3  
Restart Apr 8 2013

S/C/G: 218.6/207.6/141

Height: 5'6.5"

Good Morning Everyone!

What ShedIt said...

Let's go make a great Friday!
Old 12-07-2012, 08:21 AM   #4  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Happy Friday!

Today is my double-up day - working my two jobs, but I started the day with snuggles from my kindergartener (who is frequently too "cool" to kiss his momma goodbye on the playground in the morning), so I'm a happy girl

With the close of the year coming up, I decided to make a short list of things I'd like to change for 2013 - and the GREAT news is, I don't have to include my weight in that list, because I'm already working on that!!! I realized that I might actually reach my goal weight by the end of January - it means I may have to make Rainbow's spice cake for my birthday instead of having real cake, but I can live with that I am going to focus on positive changes that I can make in other areas of my life, because if I can conquer one mountain, why not another?
Old 12-07-2012, 08:28 AM   #5  

Good morning all. My cast comes off today which means that I can drive again! Some freedom until my surgery. Got my to do list going and getting things taken care of this weekend.
Old 12-07-2012, 08:32 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by maezy1 View Post
Good morning all. My cast comes off today which means that I can drive again! Some freedom until my surgery. Got my to do list going and getting things taken care of this weekend.
That is good news that you do get a bit of a break. Be careful, don't overdo it which is what I would do in your situation I know!
Pat
Old 12-07-2012, 08:36 AM   #7  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
I guess you finally get to figure out how much that cast weighs
Old 12-07-2012, 08:44 AM   #8  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Hooray!
Old 12-07-2012, 09:08 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 248.4/156.8/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
I am going to focus on positive changes that I can make in other areas of my life, because if I can conquer one mountain, why not another?
YES!!! Great attitude, lady!

Two more pounds gone for me. Seems to be my new normal, which I am completely content with given the C25K program, Zumba classes, and yoga that I'm doing. I am so thankful for a coach who is a marathon runner and does everything she can to ensure I can exercise successfully while in Phase 1!
Old 12-07-2012, 09:40 AM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDChickie View Post

Two more pounds gone for me. Seems to be my new normal, which I am completely content with given the C25K program, Zumba classes, and yoga that I'm doing. I am so thankful for a coach who is a marathon runner and does everything she can to ensure I can exercise successfully while in Phase 1!
WTG! You are doing an awesome job!
Old 12-07-2012, 09:49 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 208/ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning Everyone!

Another busy day today. Spent yesterday cleaning...just wondering how the house gets SO DIRTY so fast. Man...For the record, dry erase markers are E-V-I-L, especially in the hands of a cute little girl

Ramping up for a mega gingerbread house decorating party on Monday. I'm going to be baking and assembling houses this weekend. The kids have a birthday party on Saturday and we are hoping to get to the botanical gardens and see their Christmas display on Sunday. Weekend??? WHAT WEEKEND!

Hope everyone has a good one!

Last edited by sahmmommy2; 12-07-2012 at 09:56 AM.
Old 12-07-2012, 09:53 AM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdoll74 View Post
I guess you finally get to figure out how much that cast weighs
I was so excited about having some independence back that I never even thought about the weight loss from the cast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now I'm even more excited! I guessed that the cast weighs about 2 lbs. I'll know for sure tomorrow when I weigh myself!
Old 12-07-2012, 10:25 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 214/183/160

Height: 5'8"

Another 2.6 pounds GONE! I feel like crying when I step on the scale now and for good reasons! This is so different than my "scale experiences" in the past. Have a great day and great weekend everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Happy Friday!

Today is my double-up day - working my two jobs, but I started the day with snuggles from my kindergartener (who is frequently too "cool" to kiss his momma goodbye on the playground in the morning), so I'm a happy girl

With the close of the year coming up, I decided to make a short list of things I'd like to change for 2013 - and the GREAT news is, I don't have to include my weight in that list, because I'm already working on that!!! I realized that I might actually reach my goal weight by the end of January - it means I may have to make Rainbow's spice cake for my birthday instead of having real cake, but I can live with that I am going to focus on positive changes that I can make in other areas of my life, because if I can conquer one mountain, why not another?
I am with you on the New Years resolutions. This will be the first New Years in my adult life losing weight will not be one of them. Getting to goal will be one, but I KNOW it will happen. Happy Birthday!

Quote:
Maezy! So happy for you. I can relate due to my own broken leg experience. Being able to drive is so liberating. YIPPPEEE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDChickie View Post

DumDumDum another 2 pounds bites the dust! Whoopppee!
Old 12-07-2012, 10:30 AM   #14  
Sleeved in Mexico

S/C/G: 250 /170.4 /140

Height: 5'5

Another tough day here at work food wise!
It's the holiday season! So tough, but so worth hanging in there.
Today, they have bagels, cream cheese, donuts, on top of the every friday tradition- Pancake Friday.
I sit here happily with my IP choc shake.... happily becaues none of my clothes in my closet fit anymore
Old 12-07-2012, 10:31 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 214/183/160

Height: 5'8"

Oh a few times on this board we have talked about people not noticing weight loss or asking if you got a new haircut, shaved your beard or something else.

Last night, I went out with 4 girlfriends I had not seen in a while. At first, I was really bummed that no one noticed (or at least mentioned) my weight loss. Then, I remembered that 3 of them asked me about my jeans and wanted to know where to get them. "They look so good, I love them." I was laughing thinking that they must have thought those were miracle jeans, haha!
Closed Thread