Old 12-04-2012, 10:04 AM   #1  

Default HELP! Week 4, second week without weight/inches lost

Hi Everyone,

I took a leap of faith and started the IP diet four weeks ago. Over the first 19 days I lost 8 pounds and was pretty happy. Prior to this diet nothing seemed to work. However, during week 3, my body seemed to revolt and I lost .5 of a lb. During the same week, I did not use the bathroom for 3 days and then spent the next three days practically living in the bathroom.

This is the end of week four for me and it isn't getting any better. I haven't lost weight and according to the ketostix, I am in an out of ketosis. I am keeping my carbohydrates between 25 and 40 each days, this week I dropped them to stay close to 25. I am using my three IP products, I upped my veggies because the couch thought that may have been what caused the bathroom disaster and I slowed down on the lettuce consumption, maybe too much. My water intake may need to go up but I am averaging about 80 ounces per day. In addition, I take my multivitamin, pot/cal, probiotic and novalax (which Id o every other day) in the morning. But the couch suggested I lay off the cal/mag as the calcium may be disagree with my body.

This is a very expensive program for me to afford and I will have to turn to alternative products if the IP products do not start kicking in. I want this to work because I am tired of being overweight. However, I cannot go two weeks without weight loss, it is not financial feasible for my family.

I am not even cheating, which I know sounds a bit ridiculous. However, when an opportunity presents itself I say "Not ever, just not right now" and the scale still doesn't move. This is exactly what has happened in the past. I am faithful and my weight does not budge.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be much appreciated.
Dkw31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:44 AM   #2  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

If you are having bathroom issues that could be your problem. Weeks 3 and 4 are usually the weeks where your body catches up with the losses from the first 2 weeks. DON"T depend on the keostix, IF you are following the program 100% with NO cheats as you said you are then you are in Ketosis. How much weight do you have to lose? This program works, you just have to be patient.
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:11 AM   #3  
Restart Apr 8 2013

S/C/G: 218.6/207.6/141

Height: 5'6.5"

I am newer to this than you, so I can't be much help, but I think it would be interesting to know the change in your body fat percentage. For example at the exact same weight my body fat has dropped by a whole percentage point. Also, I think it is imperative to keep your digestion on track so address any issues there as soon as you can. And the water, water, water seems to be right for helping here as well. You may have had fat loss in the two weeks. Your fat percentage may be down, but your muscle, water, etc. % may be up. So many folks post concern about a plateau about their initial weight loss, it seems to be part of the overall program, which seems to be very successful overall! Keep asking questions, from your coach, your doctor, here. It takes a long term commitment that I am just beginning to comprehend, but I still take it meal by meal at times, as the big picture can be daunting...
libertybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:22 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

Keep going. Weeks 3 and 4 were slower for me, and I have not had any 'big' losses since. The first few weeks are SO fast that your body just needs time to catch up (and in some cases, including mine, your brain needs to catch up to the fact that every week isn't going to be as mind-blowing as the first or second week). If it makes you feel any better, my last few weeks haven't been stellar weight loss wise, BUT they've been the most drastic in my clothes fitting, etc. I need to constantly remind myself that it's not all about the scale. And even if it were, even losing half a pound is better than I'd be doing if I wasn't trying at all!

Just keep going and you'll get results!

Last edited by djs06; 12-04-2012 at 11:23 AM.
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:38 PM   #5  

Thanks for the responses. I have about 80 lbs to lose. I am having a tough time the last couple of weeks with bathroom issues (a delicate way to say I am either never in the bathroom, or in the bathroom too much!) I was talking with my husband and I think an additional issue is that my schedule recently changed for work and it has thrown off when I am eating my IP foods, veggies, salads, etc. I have to be more routine with my food consumptions.

Thanks for the posts, they are much appreciated.
Dkw31 is offline   Reply With Quote