3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Maintainers Vol 9 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/270781-maintainers-vol-9-a.html)

evepet 01-28-2013 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greeniris (Post 4610644)
New Englander & momat40 - Have you found that you have choc cravings after having the choc protein bars or powdered pb? I dread the thought of having to give it up totally, but the cravings are kicking my butt!

Cindy, would something like my chocolate tofu mousse work for you? I like it because I only make 1 serving at a time so there's no temptations for additional helpings. And it does satisfy my chocolate/sweet tooth. Here's the recipe: tofu-chocolate-mousse-an-alternative-for-ideal-protein-chocolate-pudding
If you don't want to have the full amount of protein in it just lessen the protein powder or leave it out entirely. I've found combining some low-fat ricotta cheese in with the silken tofu is good too.

sunnymae 01-28-2013 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evepet (Post 4610755)
Cindy, would something like my chocolate tofu mousse work for you? I like it because I only make 1 serving at a time so there's no temptations for additional helpings. And it does satisfy my chocolate/sweet tooth. Here's the recipe: tofu-chocolate-mousse-an-alternative-for-ideal-protein-chocolate-pudding
If you don't want to have the full amount of protein in it just lessen the protein powder or leave it out entirely. I've found combining some low-fat ricotta cheese in with the silken tofu is good too.

Evepet...your blog is amazing!!!!! Thank you so much for sharing a wealth of tips, alternatives, recipes and links to supportive websites. I'm your newest fan for sure!!! I've been in a rut with Nashua....(love their products everyone, just need some variety) so I will be visiting the other online groceries for some new alternatives. Thanks a again :)

sunnymae 01-28-2013 03:22 PM

Did we have a cellulite protocol 3 years ago? What is it?

Maile 01-29-2013 02:11 PM

Sunnymae, I did not have a cellulite program 2 years ago.

Evepet: Your web site is amazing. That chocolate tofu mousse looks good.

Greeniris: I eat chocolate covered almonds for a snack.

The weather is slightly warmer. Hooray.

Determinedat47 01-29-2013 10:44 PM

Weather is miserable cold here today- 35 wind chills. Ick. Thank goodness February is right around the corner and more daylight! My scale is not moving and I am being very good- I think it is due to on creased activity but feeling good- eventually the scale will more- physiologically, can't hold onto the weight forever if less calories are going in than going out so hanging in there- day 29 of phase 1!!!!! Glad to see all of the successes.

patns 01-29-2013 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Determinedat47 (Post 4613054)
Weather is miserable cold here today- 35 wind chills. Ick. Thank goodness February is right around the corner and more daylight! My scale is not moving and I am being very good- I think it is due to on creased activity but feeling good- eventually the scale will more- physiologically, can't hold onto the weight forever if less calories are going in than going out so hanging in there- day 29 of phase 1!!!!! Glad to see all of the successes.

I hear you on the weather. It was -43 C here today with the wind chill factored in. I was surprised to see that that converted to -45 F. What I hate about it is that everything seems to take so much longer if you have to be moving from place to place in the workday.

I also have a theory that the body really holds onto the extra padding in cold
environments. But as you said thank goodness Feb is nearly here and it is a short month!

On another note, I love evepet's blog too, it really helped me when the blahs set in.

Right now I am eating a lot of soups I make with veggies and that hits the spot with this weather.

I hope everyone is having a great week.

I can't say I'm maintaining as I need to get off a 10 gain. The scale is not moving but was glad to notice today that all my water had a metal taste wherever I got it in my travels so I hope that is ketosis kicking in.

sunnymae 01-30-2013 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maile (Post 4612345)
Sunnymae, I did not have a cellulite program 2 years ago.

Evepet: Your web site is amazing. That chocolate tofu mousse looks good.

Greeniris: I eat chocolate covered almonds for a snack.

The weather is slightly warmer. Hooray.

Thanks Maile I'm always so amazed at how organized your responses are! You really go to the trouble of addressing everyone and making everyone feel so welcome! I can tell you have a way better memory than I do:)
Have a great day...and yes...thank goodness it's warmer down in NYC today. We've all been needing a break, especially you guys way up North.

greeniris 01-30-2013 11:50 AM

Maile - mmmm, choc covered almonds! If I would just put 1 serv in my lunch bag to last me for the day - that might work.

evepet- thank you for the recipe idea. I really need to check out your blog more often, you've got some great stuff there!

Going to the gym more often now, and feeling it (sore muscles!). Spend 10 mins on the elliptical first, then use a number of the machines for upper body stuff, and moves with a medicine ball for core work. Gradually adding reps to each. Yesterday I added a few lower-body machines with very light weights, but my knee really complained afterwards. Seeing the dr tonight to get results of MRI.

Have been doing a little better re: choc the last couple days. I try to dissuade myself each time I reach for it by thinking "Diabetes!"...LOL. Something's got to help!

Laters...!

Momto2cs 01-30-2013 01:42 PM

Hey patns
I think you are right. The body needs some reserves to deal with the cold. We are even slightly colder up north.

-40 C and -40 F are the same. It puts it into perspective.

I am currently back on phase 1. Up about 4 pounds, but dh wants to be hung no losing for February. I am also following the precision nutrition recommendations, but currently they only involve supplement and work outs, with some mental "exercises" thrown in. I look forward to trying their nutrition plan, which I know revolves around eating protein and veggies for every meal.

Hope it warms up soon!

evepet 01-30-2013 03:10 PM

Sunnymae, Maille, GreenIris, & Patns - thanks for your kind compliments about my blog. I had fun doing it, although I seem to have lost interest in blogging more in recent months. That was my first time putting a website/blog together, and it was a learning experience. Glad you have all found it useful.

Maille - I like the chocolate covered almond idea. Will definitely keep that in mind for maintenance.

Ishbel 01-30-2013 06:58 PM

Super duper busy at work...evepet, really enjoy your blog too thanks for the work you've done. Maile....not sure i could eat chocolate covered almonds as a snack as I wouldn't stop soon enough...I save them for fun day lol

So very very tired of the cold, very exhausted a few nights of anxiety from work doesn't make it easier to handle the cold...

Off to have a bath!

Determinedat47 01-30-2013 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ishbel (Post 4614288)
Super duper busy at work...evepet, really enjoy your blog too thanks for the work you've done. Maile....not sure i could eat chocolate covered almonds as a snack as I wouldn't stop soon enough...I save them for fun day lol

So very very tired of the cold, very exhausted a few nights of anxiety from work doesn't make it easier to handle the cold...

Off to have a bath!

The emerald chocolate almonds can be bought in boxes of 7 packets of 100 calorie packs- I used to eat them when I was actually maintaining(pat, I too am back on phase1- day 30 for me!) the trick is eating only one packet!;)

Determinedat47 01-30-2013 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lizzy63 (Post 4610682)
Cindy - I do not have the chocolate cravings like you, but I do have a pure protein chocolate deluxe bar most every day. Might be an acceptable substitute. Of course, you still can't overdo it - they are 180 calories each and 4.5 grams of fat...

My weakness is bread - and I do avoid it for the most part. If I buy dinner rolls, I get the ones in the ziplock bag and fix only one for me and one for DH - that way I am not tempted to grab another!

You are soooo smart! Sounds like you have figured out some ways to make it work! Good for you!

greeniris 01-30-2013 09:28 PM

Well, MRI showed a torn ligament, the MCL. No surgery needed, but PT & a knee brace are recommended, and to not 'strain' it (meaning working out upper body only). But he seems pretty sure I'll be able to go hiking this summer if I take care of it now.

Ishbel - hope things get less stressful at work for you soon, and you can warm up. Our big January warm up just ended tonight - was very short-lived.

Maile 01-31-2013 08:08 AM

Greeniris: That is good news about no surgery and being able to walk by summer. I get those 100 calorie packs of the chocolate almonds to keep myself in check.

Determined: I buy those packs also. Day 30 on Phase 1 and still going strong. Good for you. That scale has got to move soon.

Ishbel: I am tired of this cold also and ready for spring. I know hot showers are not good for you, but I love the heat.

Evepet: I would not be able to put a website together..That is impressive.

Mom2cs: Good luck on Phase 1. I will be curious to see what they recommend for breakfast. I have read that vegetables would be good for breakfast,,but love that fruit.

Suunymae: I am not always so organised,LOL, but I enjoy the support! I am glad NYC is finally warmer.

Patns: I am enjoying the hot soups and stews also in this weather. I also hope Feb passes quickly into warmer weather. I hope you are in ketosis and that the scale starts moving.

Have a great Wednesday everyone.