Closed Thread

Old 11-27-2012, 06:50 AM   #1  

Default IP Daily Chat Tuesday 11/27/2012

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
and here Fun with Veggie Purees!

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions!

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19
Old 11-27-2012, 07:05 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 150/123.4/115

Height: 5'2

Good morning everyone

brought a mini george foreman type grill to work, got it at the local grocery store for 9.99, non sale price 14.99

have my chicken marinated and weighed, brought it to work

cucumber salad check

kale chips check

ready to face the day

BTRHALF - Congrats on fitting into the 6's. and losing 1.6 pounds and hitting the 50 pound mark

vwbunny - congrats on the last 10 pounds. we are the same height, i have 15 to go, i am very small boned

mommahen- congrats to you and your hubby on the weight loss, and your son!! an ip family. all that support at home must be great.

kimorea - you got this, just follow the ip sheet

imescaping - congrats on moving on to size 12's

Scorbett - love the new pic

Last edited by sonyainva; 11-27-2012 at 07:10 AM.
Old 11-27-2012, 07:45 AM   #3  

Wow! Cooking at work! I thought I was doing good taking a hot pot and some herbal tea! Anything I take is a reheat.
No good place for "kitchen prep" there
Congrats on your great find!

Saturday nite I used my Bed Bath & beyond 20% coupon to get a Magic Bullet for 39.99

Still contemplating a soda stream. So many gadgets, so little $$$!
Have a great day
Old 11-27-2012, 08:49 AM   #4  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Top of the morning! Just showered & ready after a 6.5mile run, drinking my spinach latte and thinking about some ricotta pancakes...have a great morning everyone, and take at least a moment today to stop and find something to truly be thankful for. Sometimes we get so rushed we forget we are ALIVE...remember to enjoy it! Bless you all IPeeps!
Old 11-27-2012, 08:56 AM   #5  
began IP May 25

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

Good morning! It's a beautiful winter morning here, with the sun breaking through the clouds and shining on the snow. Am watching a black squirrel outside my window; probably trying to remember where he hid his breakfast!

LizRR - Wonderful words of wisdom to start the day off right.

Have a fabulous day everyone! Stay healthy - lots of bugs going around up here. Both VIP & I are sick
Old 11-27-2012, 09:10 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 136/120/115

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post
Top of the morning! Just showered & ready after a 6.5mile run, drinking my spinach latte and thinking about some ricotta pancakes...have a great morning everyone, and take at least a moment today to stop and find something to truly be thankful for. Sometimes we get so rushed we forget we are ALIVE...remember to enjoy it! Bless you all IPeeps!
6 1/2 mi? Wow! You sound like my son - he's in training for a marathon. Wish I could run long distances....runners have such pretty legs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeniris View Post
Good morning! It's a beautiful winter morning here, with the sun breaking through the clouds and shining on the snow. Am watching a black squirrel outside my window; probably trying to remember where he hid his breakfast!

Have a fabulous day everyone! Stay healthy - lots of bugs going around up here. Both VIP & I are sick
Yep - lots of bugs. My future DIL has been struck with it. She stayed home from work yesterday and is looking like she'll be taking today off as well. She is staying with us - and I have to admit - am loving taking care of her! Just hope I don't pick up what she has!!!

I have a question: we are going to Disney World in a couple of weeks for 4 days, and the rooms have mini fridges and microwaves. I was going to make a few batches of crispy cereal pancakes and put them in sandwich bags and keep in the fridge to last for the 4 days so that I can put them in my purse or jacket and have them with veggies for lunch. Do you think they will keep OK for that amount of time?
Old 11-27-2012, 09:18 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 203/188/153

Height: "5'2"

Good morning!

Made a nice little discovery at the grocery store. Steamfresh has steamable frozen broccoli and cauliflower, 30 calories a serving. There are 3.5 cups in the entire bag and 105 calories, so I am just eating the whole thing for lunch or dinner as most of my veggies for the day. Loving it! I can do it at home or at work, and pair it with an EAS shake for lunch or my protein for dinner. So easy and convenient.

My first TOM hit yesterday and I'm trying not to throw my scale out the window. I'm not going to weigh myself until Monday in order to maintain my sanity.

I did however, fit into my size 12 petite work slacks that haven't been worn for 2 years. At the beginning of November, I was in size 16 jeans, so that's definitely a NSV!

Last edited by Dresa; 11-27-2012 at 09:18 AM.
Old 11-27-2012, 09:21 AM   #8  

rainy icky morning outside today and really wasn't in the best of moods. Went to my WI and lost 2.6lbs and was happy until she measured and only lost a half inch total. Got in the car and started to cry. Then I realized I am measuring every week which I am stopping as of this moment and that I just lost 2.6lbs!!! As LizRR said, BE THANKFUL!!!! OOPS I get t change my ticker!!!! to 232.8!
QUESTION - how often does everyone else measure? weekly, monthly

Last edited by maezy1; 11-27-2012 at 09:23 AM.
Old 11-27-2012, 09:26 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning to all,

I am getting back on the wagon , as I have gained back all the weight i lost a little over a year ago. I have been inactive physically since the end of august with a torn tendon and now I am in a cast. I am getting so bored, I know, Not an excuse. I have been reading old post to encourage me to get going.... It is snowing a litlle bit in upstate NY and cold. brrrrr. I will be reading daily for inspirations. I hate getting older and having things go on the fritz physically. grrrrr
Old 11-27-2012, 09:26 AM   #10  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sstw1 View Post
I have a question: we are going to Disney World in a couple of weeks for 4 days, and the rooms have mini fridges and microwaves. I was going to make a few batches of crispy cereal pancakes and put them in sandwich bags and keep in the fridge to last for the 4 days so that I can put them in my purse or jacket and have them with veggies for lunch. Do you think they will keep OK for that amount of time?
Those should be fine. I bake zuchini muffins from the oatmeal and have those out all day until I am ready to eat them in the afternoon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dresa View Post

I did however, fit into my size 12 petite work slacks that haven't been worn for 2 years. At the beginning of November, I was in size 16 jeans, so that's definitely a NSV!
That's incredible!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maezy1 View Post
rainy icky morning outside today and really wasn't in the best of moods. Went to my WI and lost 2.6lbs and was happy until she measured and only lost a half inch total. Got in the car and started to cry. Then I realized I am measuring every week which I am stopping as of this moment and that I just lost 2.6lbs!!! As LizRR said, BE THANKFUL!!!! OOPS I get t change my ticker!!!! to 232.8
Patience Maezy! My tip...focus on the better number each week. They aren't both going to be good each week. You are doing great.
Old 11-27-2012, 09:43 AM   #11  

Quote:
rainy icky morning outside today and really wasn't in the best of moods. Went to my WI and lost 2.6lbs and was happy until she measured and only lost a half inch total. Got in the car and started to cry. Then I realized I am measuring every week which I am stopping as of this moment and that I just lost 2.6lbs!!! As LizRR said, BE THANKFUL!!!! OOPS I get t change my ticker!!!! to 232.8!
I get measured about every three or four weeks.
Old 11-27-2012, 09:56 AM   #12  
Restart: 1/5/15

S/C/G: 212/199.2/140

Height: 5'9"/36 yo

Quote:
I'm doing Ideal-To-Go, so I don't have a coach and self-measuring is beyond my capabilities. So, never! However, I do keep and eye on how well my clothes fit and use that as my barometer.

Don't be disappointed! These are excellent results! Even applying my not so precice measuring method, I find that I either lose inches or pounds (but rarely both simultaneously). For example, a few weeks ago I actually gained a third of a pound (gasp! I was annoyed! 100% OP and GAINING!). I stayed there for almost two full weeks! I told my DH about it and he said, "I bet you're losing inches." He was right! During that time my previously tight size 32 jeans became super baggy in the bottoms and fit very comfortably around the waist. The inches were coming off even though the scale stayed steady.

I like to weigh daily (even multiple times a day) because I like to see trends. However, if you like to see jumps, I think that some people measure only every few weeks to a month. This way you see more progress.

Congrats again on the 2.6!
Old 11-27-2012, 10:44 AM   #13  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
UMMMMM NO crying!! its already raining too much!! you already know what I say about all the numbers!!!..dont let them get to you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
Good Morning to all,

I am getting back on the wagon , as I have gained back all the weight i lost a little over a year ago. I have been inactive physically since the end of august with a torn tendon and now I am in a cast. I am getting so bored, I know, Not an excuse. I have been reading old post to encourage me to get going.... It is snowing a litlle bit in upstate NY and cold. brrrrr. I will be reading daily for inspirations. I hate getting older and having things go on the fritz physically. grrrrr
WELCOME back Bella!!

Last edited by wuv2bloved; 11-27-2012 at 10:45 AM.
Old 11-27-2012, 11:00 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 208/ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

Good morning everyone! Figured out I am about 3 pounds from my half way mark! WOOHOO. Been celebrating by getting myself a few new clothes. Don't want to go too wild because I expect my size to still change, but it feels good to get some new things too. Just special ordered some new bras. I am really hoping that I might actually be able to order a cute bra from victoria secret someday Right now, I need the lock n load type with at least 4 rows of hooks. However, I did go down 2 inches in the band size and 1 cup size, so YAY

Last edited by sahmmommy2; 11-27-2012 at 11:01 AM.
Old 11-27-2012, 11:16 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 274/212/190

Height: 5ft 3in

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeniris View Post

yes it is pretty out up here in northern Mich today. Was not so nice last night when I got from work later than usual(1am), let the dogs out and they ran out into the woods and took 20min for them to come back. I was cold and tired. Glad for a new day.
Closed Thread