Old 11-25-2012, 03:09 PM   #1  

Default Maintenence for 3 days and Back to Phase 1

So I planned from the start of IP that Turkey day would be my first day of maintenence. I figured I would maintain my weight through the holidays and start P1 again in early January. However, I began thinking why the heck would I do that since I have so much momentum now and I am already in the groove? Shouldn't I just stay on track? I have heard and can certainly inagine that jumping back in can be a struggle. Anyways, I lost roughly 18 pounds and feel great. In fact, I have not been at this weight in over 5 years and that being said, I feel great and catch myself looking in the mirror surprised that I like the reflection looking back at me. Anyone else taken a pic, reviewed it and thought is that really what I look like? I suppose since the weight comes off fast that its a major shift and mentally I have yet to catch up to it.

Since I have not been at this weight since I was 21, it's easy to get to a place where you think "I look great, feel good and I could be happy with where I am". Because no other diet could get me to my goal of where I was before I packed on the pounds I figured I had to accept that I would never weigh what I wanted and that my body had changed ("your not in college anymore, you have a woman's body now", etc, all the things you hear people say to help justify weight gain as you age).

So Turkey day came and I indulged moderately in all the dishes thinking the entire time that yes, this tastes great, but it's not what I remember and it's not worth it anymore. I don't want to let food rule my life. So, I maintained for three days and arrived at the conclusion that I CAN be where I was 7 years ago and I CAN feel great. It's my life and no one else is going to make these choices for me.

I guess what I am trying to say is that it's easy on this journey to say I look/feel better than I did 20lbs ago etc and I COULD be happy where I am at even if its not right at my goal. That's about where I was, neogiating with myself and making allotments to settle because I DIDN'T believe I could ever be where I was 7 years ago (fear of failure perhaps?). However, this change in my lifestyle, the support and encouragement present here, and the fact that I am ONLY 10lbs away from my goal leads me to believe that it is possible to be where I want mentally, physically, and emotionally. Cheers to sticking with it.
eandc2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 03:49 PM   #2  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Good for you! It's not easy to stay OP during the holidays, but to decide to go back to phase I between Thanksgiving and Christmas is really something else! You obviously have what it takes to get to goal.
ragdoll74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 04:09 PM   #3  
A Healthier Weigh

S/C/G: 192/174/150

Height: 5'5

Awesome! Thanks for sharing.
AZ247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 04:27 PM   #4  

fantastic!
maezy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 08:53 PM   #5  
8/23/12 - 1/6/13

S/C/G: 170/140/135

Height: 5' 5"

I'm with you, eandc. I feel pretty happy at my current size and when I started IP I told myself this was just until Thanksgiving. But now I'm thinking I'm so close to the size I was 6 years ago when I felt fantastic, so why settle for pretty happy when fantastic seems so obtainable.
Fishette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 06:35 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 150/123.4/115

Height: 5'2

I was surprised myself, have been going to a party atleast every saturday for the last 4 weeks, i only succumbed once to a veggie dish that had sugar, it did knock me out of ketosis, did not need to check, my hunger told me, the fact that after 4 days my hubby said you have bad breath again.

went to a restaurant for dinner, and everyone was commenting on how i should not lose any more weight. i have another 14 to go. most of it is in my tummy. in the past i always gained it back. i want a flat tummy this time around, so if i start gaining i can see it in the mirror.

now this morning i will have to have a self talk, i am very happy with the progress, but i want a flat tummy, i am not changing my goal based on other people's opinion

this diet is the easiest thing i have done, i so worried about p4. hoping the folks on this board will keep me honest
sonyainva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 05:27 PM   #7  

I think its so easy to get to a place where you feel better (and look great too) that you become satisifed despite not being exactly where you want because you are comfortable. For me, when my husband and I met, fell in love, we did become confortable and I was content and happy with myself (until I felt it got out of control). Over the last few years when I have dieted, I have lost a good 10-15lbs and settled feeling comfortable again because I never thought it was possible to get back to where I was before we met (namely the aforementioned reasons). Anyways, I salute all of us who are really committed to achieving the goal and not becoming complacent along the way. We deserve to be at a weight that we feel not just comfortable at but fantastic, sexy, attrative, healthy, fit, and on and on. It can be done with IP.
eandc2006 is offline   Reply With Quote