Old 11-05-2012, 07:47 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 236/236/165

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlacierGirl3 View Post
"Re: Peanut Butter. Could you get some peanut butter extract and add it to one of the puddings? Is that allowed?"

OMG, count me in for the peanut butter extract! I miss peanut butter more than anything . . . .

I add extracts to my pudding a lot - in fact, my coach recommended it, so I'm assuming it's allowed!
I heard that Wal-Mart has the Peanut Butter extract (Watkins).

I will try in pudding.
DakotaClyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:58 PM   #17  
Started IP 1/14/2012

S/C/G: 286/165/169

Height: 5'9"

I've always been a cold person whether overnight with padding or now on IP. I did some google research a while back and there is no proven theory but what I took from my reading was simple logic: my body is just too busy dealing with fat burning that it has forgotten to stoke the fire to the rest of my body to keep me warm. I've stuck to that theory because when I'm freezing cold, I can think about how much more fat I'm burning than if I was warm.
KitKat169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:29 PM   #18  
Joined IP 6/11/12

S/C/G: 260/170/175

Height: 5'8"

I am always cold now and used to be the one sweating and miserable. I even put a fan under my desk and now I'm thinkiing about a heater! crazy!!!! LOL I've never been cold natured in my life, even when I was young man and thin. But I've been fat for over 20 years, and at 55, I guess my metabolism has shifted and makes me colder without the insulation and the extra work my body was putting into pumping blood, moving my fat butt down the hall, etc. LOL

Also, what is this peanut butter extract you're talking about? Would've loved some in my dark choc pudding!!!!

And Maezy, another Baton Rougean! Who's your coach? Have you liked them?

Later, peeps!
Ken
ChileheadKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 12:03 AM   #19  

Height: 5'8

people will disagree, but its really about the amount of calories youre taking in and whether your body is getting enough for energy (heat) expenditure. at 5'5 236 lb, you still have enough "insulation" from adipose cells to keep you warm.
southern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 07:48 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 236/236/165

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by southern View Post
people will disagree, but its really about the amount of calories youre taking in and whether your body is getting enough for energy (heat) expenditure. at 5'5 236 lb, you still have enough "insulation" from adipose cells to keep you warm.
Hi Southern- I know I have enough insulation that it could double as bubble wrap. I could roll down the steps and bounce up without a bruise. It's just my core temperature seems lower inside.

ChileheadKen, I saw that Watkins has a PB extract. I can't vouch for it's flavor, or whether it is OK on this diet. Maybe I should post it as a thread. Solving the Peanut Butter Dilemma seems to be a big issue for people.

Thanks for all the help guys. I am going to walk now in my bubble wrap snowmobile suit and get warm.
DakotaClyde is offline   Reply With Quote