3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Weekend Chat Sat/Sun Nov 3-4, 2012 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/269215-ip-weekend-chat-sat-sun-nov-3-4-2012-a.html)

lisa32989 11-03-2012 07:30 AM

IP Weekend Chat Sat/Sun Nov 3-4, 2012

:welcome3:
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

More Recipes Here MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
and here Fun with Veggie Purees!

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions!

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19

lisa32989 11-03-2012 07:48 AM

So, I got my hair cut yesterday. Nothing new, just my 6-week maintenance. (Why oh why didn't I get a new head-shot? Hair always looks so professional after a great style)

I've been going to the same stylist for a long time. 15+ years? Anyway...I walk in & he is all: what are you doing? You look fabulous! I watched you walk all the way in from the car!
I showed him my progress pics. Told him a little. He was soooo supportive! It's great b/c most people don't say a word. (Or just think I got a new hairstyle, LOL, which he knew I didn't)

So, we talked about hubby who really hasn't said much. He actually said since he sees me every day the changes aren't that noticeable. Steve said to me, "I've met Scott. It's because it doesn't matter to him. He loves you anyway!"
It's nice to think that although some guys want a model, he just wants me!

Scorbett, your progress pics in Friday's daily thread are truly progress indeed.
Everybody have a look-see!
I LOVE to see our transformations!
Direct all complaints to the progress pics :devil:

scorbett1103 11-03-2012 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisa32989 (Post 4517585)
Scorbett, your progress pics in Friday's daily thread are truly progress indeed.

Aw thanks!!! :)

mompattie 11-03-2012 09:32 AM

Quote:

So, I got my hair cut yesterday. Nothing new, just my 6-week maintenance. (Why oh why didn't I get a new head-shot? Hair always looks so professional after a great style)

I've been going to the same stylist for a long time. 15+ years? Anyway...I walk in & he is all: what are you doing? You look fabulous! I watched you walk all the way in from the car!
I showed him my progress pics. Told him a little. He was soooo supportive! It's great b/c most people don't say a word. (Or just think I got a new hairstyle, LOL, which he knew I didn't)

So, we talked about hubby who really hasn't said much. He actually said since he sees me every day the changes aren't that noticeable. Steve said to me, "I've met Scott. It's because it doesn't matter to him. He loves you anyway!"

Ah! Hair cut! I love getting my hair cut!! I would go weekly if I could afford it....I'm putting that on my "if I win the lottery" list!

My DH doesn't say much about my progress either. In fact, about a month ago we sat down for a heart to heart. I wanted to know if he was threatened or feeling left out. Neither was the problem, just the fact that he's an insensitive guy and doesn't think to give compliments often. I told him what I need to hear, especially in hard days, when I need to hear it the most! It's mind boggling that even at my heaviest he thought I was beautiful and attractive! Some times they need a gentle reminder we need and crave their positive comments! Have an awesome weekend!! You are doing so great and I am proud of you!! :hug::hug:

SDChickie 11-03-2012 09:37 AM

Quote:

Lisa, does it bother you, though, that your husband doesn't say much? My husband makes vague supportive comments and of course I love that he loves me no matter what weight I am, but I guess I'm selfish or vain because I expect more.

lisa32989 11-03-2012 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SDChickie (Post 4517639)
Lisa, does it bother you, though, that your husband doesn't say much? My husband makes vague supportive comments and of course I love that he loves me no matter what weight I am, but I guess I'm selfish or vain because I expect more.

But then we'd complain if they sniped at us about our weight all the time. He never said a word. I'm married to Man of Few Words. There are worse things in life. :grouphug:
He's a keeper.

KathrynRose 11-03-2012 10:29 AM

So I had my weekly weigh in and I am down .8. I notice a definite pattern. I am not worried because I woke up with both a cold and TOM, so I know my weight will be down next week. This leaves me with 2.6 pounds to lose in the next two weeks so that I will have lost 70 pounds by my six month anniversary on IP.

Funny story: I was on Facebook and I saw that my friend posted a picture of someone wearing a Little Red Riding Hood costume, and I thought, "Wow, yet another person went as Little Red Riding Hood this year." There were three people at the Halloween party I went to dressed that way. Then I realized it was a picture of me. I see myself everyday in the mirror, but I swear that is not what I look like in the mirror.

By the way, the way I realized it was me was because the person in the picture was carrying the basket I made in 7th grade.

I loved the new pictures people posted this week. Everyone is doing so well.

maezy1 11-03-2012 10:47 AM

Scale NOT moving but...thanks to 3FC and especially Goddess Wuv and Scorbett I am not at all upset. My last weigh in I lost 6.2lbs but only .5 inches. So all of the sudden this week clothes are looser. I am hoping for some inches lost this time. As much as well all want the scale to move I am also a little relieved for it not to so I can adjust a little to what is happening to my body! I know, that sounds so weird. Having a great day!
GEAUX LSU TIGERS !!! I am sure Bama will beat us today but I still LOVE my TIGERS!

snolover 11-03-2012 10:53 AM

Scorbett and Mompattie: You girls look so awesome!!! What a transformation!!!:cp::cp::cp:

djs06 11-03-2012 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maezy1 (Post 4517673)
Scale NOT moving but...thanks to 3FC and especially Goddess Wuv and Scorbett I am not at all upset. My last weigh in I lost 6.2lbs but only .5 inches. So all of the sudden this week clothes are looser. I am hoping for some inches lost this time. As much as well all want the scale to move I am also a little relieved for it not to so I can adjust a little to what is happening to my body! I know, that sounds so weird. Having a great day!
GEAUX LSU TIGERS !!! I am sure Bama will beat us today but I still LOVE my TIGERS!

I think you are onto something there! My weekly results seem to alternate and I feel the same way... I think it's y body catching up. Which at first annoys me but I totally think it makes sense and my clothes seem to feel looser on the lower weight loss weeks.

LOVING all the progress pics! I'll post some in another 10 lbs or so. :)

SDChickie 11-03-2012 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisa32989 (Post 4517646)
But then we'd complain if they sniped at us about our weight all the time. He never said a word. I'm married to Man of Few Words. There are worse things in life. :grouphug:
He's a keeper.

You make a good point. :D

ruckus123 11-03-2012 11:08 AM

WI today and lost another 1.4 lbs. At first I was a little disappointed but realized it is probably due to the TOM. Feeling great and looking forward to next weeks WI.

ruckus123 11-03-2012 11:14 AM

Just a general question too....
I am about 8 weeks in and so far I have been great, meaning not feeling very hungry. All of a sudden this week has been terrible, I feel hungry all the time. Has anyone else experienced this and is it comon at this point? If so what have you done to overcome this feeling?

scorbett1103 11-03-2012 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ruckus123 (Post 4517701)
I am about 8 weeks in and so far I have been great, meaning not feeling very hungry. All of a sudden this week has been terrible, I feel hungry all the time. Has anyone else experienced this and is it comon at this point? If so what have you done to overcome this feeling?

It happens periodically! Sometimes right before a big WHOOSH in weight loss :)

When the hungries hit me, I make use of the "freebies" - unlimited lettuce means big salads for lunch and dinner, and I add a 2 egg white omelet to my breakfast or as a snack. And I drink LOTS of water.

breezie68 11-03-2012 12:27 PM

Well, I made it to weigh in #1. I am down 8 lbs! Pretty amped!

Alma4343 11-03-2012 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by breezie68 (Post 4517762)
Well, I made it to weigh in #1. I am down 8 lbs! Pretty amped!

EXCELLENT. Great job. :carrot:

Quote:

Originally Posted by ruckus123 (Post 4517701)

This happened to me this week. I cannot believe how all of sudden the weight is just DROPPING off. And, it did occur during a HUNGRY period of time. I have not been hungry much, but I do have days here and there. Hoping you get rewarded by a big loss!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ruckus123 (Post 4517696)
WI today and lost another 1.4 lbs. At first I was a little disappointed but realized it is probably due to the TOM. Feeling great and looking forward to next weeks WI.

1.4 lbs is GREAT. CELEBRATE. You are doing such a good job.:carrot:

Quote:

Originally Posted by maezy1 (Post 4517673)

GEAUX Tigers! I am feeling nervous about this game, but we CAN pull it off in Tiger Stadium for sure.

I have noticed this too, my greater weight loss weeks equate to smaller inches and vice versa. Everything just has to catch up I guess.

zoological26 11-03-2012 01:02 PM

My husband and I went to Tim Hortons yesterday and he ordered a medium coffee and I got a large green tea and he always orders large so I asked him why only a medium and his response was well I have to get used to medium because my wife is shrinking pretty soon I will have to order small omg and he now calls me his skinny minnie I still want to lose another 45 pounds.

lisa32989 11-03-2012 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zoological26 (Post 4517784)
My husband and I went to Tim Hortons yesterday and he ordered a medium coffee and I got a large green tea and he always orders large so I asked him why only a medium and his response was well I have to get used to medium because my wife is shrinking pretty soon I will have to order small omg and he now calls me his skinny minnie I still want to lose another 45 pounds.

:love:

MommaHen 11-03-2012 01:07 PM

Good morning everyone! Still fighting this stupid sore throat and its attempt to turn into a full on cold. YUCK! Lazy morning here, but one of those days that just feels right with the world. My husband and I both had a crispy cereal packet so I made us pancakes for breakfast. So thankful we are walking this journey together.

I am with the other ladies though...my husband loved me at my heaviest just as much as he loves me now and vice versa. But we are both noticing things about each other as we change that we have been good about sharing the compliments. I do worry about the day he makes goal and goes into a different phase than me...I think it might be hard have all the different foods and meals going on around here. He is only 38 pounds away from his goal!

So I hope everyone has a great Saturday...100%, all the way!

maezy1 11-03-2012 01:17 PM

Congrats to everyone with their great weight loss! Happy posts today! MommaHen I sure hope that you feel better! I bet its cold in Wyoming! its 85 here today in Louisiana. Just made myself my own pumpkin pie cappuccino!
It really felt like I was cheating!!! YUMMY!

LosingLawyer 11-03-2012 01:45 PM

Happy Saturday! Trying to be more of a poster versus a lurker - I find that when I make time to read and participate, I'm so much more motivated.

First off, wowza to all the progress pics - mompattie, lisa, scorbett - you all look amazing.

WI tomorrow, not expecting a big loss since TOM is here and I can tell I'm bloated, but I don't care because I'm wearing a pair of size 20 jeans that I haven't worn in forever! And I bought a couple new sweaters from LB that are 14/16! And I can wear some of my old XL tops (from "regular size" stores). I started out in a tight size 28! So many other NSV's in the past two months - fitting into airplane seats better, theater seats, etc.

I did my weightlifting class 3 times this week (and at 7am this morning) so I'm feeling energized. Lots of fall baking to do this weekend and I'm not even tempted, which is great. I'm thinking of making LizRR's sweet fauxtato pie for myself - has anyone tried it yet? I hate sweet potatoes but love pumpkin, so I'm wondering if it tastes more like sweet potato or more like pumpkin.

Have a great day!

Hgamroth 11-03-2012 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MommaHen (Post 4517786)
Good morning everyone! Still fighting this stupid sore throat and its attempt to turn into a full on cold. YUCK! Lazy morning here, but one of those days that just feels right with the world. My husband and I both had a crispy cereal packet so I made us pancakes for breakfast. So thankful we are walking this journey together.

I am with the other ladies though...my husband loved me at my heaviest just as much as he loves me now and vice versa. But we are both noticing things about each other as we change that we have been good about sharing the compliments. I do worry about the day he makes goal and goes into a different phase than me...I think it might be hard have all the different foods and meals going on around here. He is only 38 pounds away from his goal!

So I hope everyone has a great Saturday...100%, all the way!

Sorry you are still feeling icky..:( Hope you feel better soon!

LosingLawyer 11-03-2012 02:05 PM

Hgamroth - wow, you look amazing too!

Hopped back on to add that I have some Proti-Thin Sea Salt & Vinegar and BBQ Soy Snacks that have been sitting in my pantry for about 2 months. I don't particularly care for either, and although I thought I would eventually use them in place of bread crumbs, I haven't yet. I have probably about 5 packs of each. Not trying to sell them, just giving them away. PM me if you are interested.

Fishette 11-03-2012 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LosingLawyer (Post 4517801)
I'm thinking of making LizRR's sweet fauxtato pie for myself - has anyone tried it yet? I hate sweet potatoes but love pumpkin, so I'm wondering if it tastes more like sweet potato or more like pumpkin.

I just made the rutabaga pie/custard from LisRR's puree thread. Yum! I added some Torani caramel sauce. I think I've found my pumpkin pie substitute for Thanksgiving! :hyper:

2sweet4u 11-03-2012 05:21 PM

WI today

WI #5 today, lost another 3 lbs and 3 inches! Putting away halloween today and going shopping for new pants! WOOHOO !! DH is on his week off so probably won't be on much today. Have a great OP weekend everyone!!

2sweet4u 11-03-2012 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LosingLawyer (Post 4517801)
Happy Saturday! Trying to be more of a poster versus a lurker - I find that when I make time to read and participate, I'm so much more motivated.

First off, wowza to all the progress pics - mompattie, lisa, scorbett - you all look amazing.

WI tomorrow, not expecting a big loss since TOM is here and I can tell I'm bloated, but I don't care because I'm wearing a pair of size 20 jeans that I haven't worn in forever! And I bought a couple new sweaters from LB that are 14/16! And I can wear some of my old XL tops (from "regular size" stores). I started out in a tight size 28! So many other NSV's in the past two months - fitting into airplane seats better, theater seats, etc.

I did my weightlifting class 3 times this week (and at 7am this morning) so I'm feeling energized. Lots of fall baking to do this weekend and I'm not even tempted, which is great. I'm thinking of making LizRR's sweet fauxtato pie for myself - has anyone tried it yet? I hate sweet potatoes but love pumpkin, so I'm wondering if it tastes more like sweet potato or more like pumpkin.

Have a great day!

I made the fauxtato pie and it was awsome! I could tell it wasn't pumpkin but it was still way good and VERY close (I think I added more pumpkin pie spice)! Will be a nice stand in for pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving. I used 1 large rutabaga and got 3 ramikins out of it. Think I am gonna make some "graham cracker" crust out of the apple/cinnamon IP puffs and have pie :)

2sweet4u 11-03-2012 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishette (Post 4517860)
I just made the rutabaga pie/custard from LisRR's puree thread. Yum! I added some Torani caramel sauce. I think I've found my pumpkin pie substitute for Thanksgiving! :hyper:

OH yummy! I can't find the Torani sauce in SF here :( maybe I can try the WF carmel and heat it up and drizzle over it? /hmmm...

2sweet4u 11-03-2012 05:32 PM

Sorry about all the "all at once" postings, but I have a quick question for you cooks:

I want Green bean casserole and can't figure out what to put on top to replace the french fried onions? Any suggestions would be awsome! That is my final piece, besides stuffing, to my Thanksgiving meal!
LeeAnn

scorbett1103 11-03-2012 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2sweet4u (Post 4517972)
Sorry about all the "all at once" postings, but I have a quick question for you cooks:

I want Green bean casserole and can't figure out what to put on top to replace the french fried onions? Any suggestions would be awsome! That is my final piece, besides stuffing, to my Thanksgiving meal!
LeeAnn

Maybe crunch up some Southwest Cheese curls?

maezy1 11-03-2012 05:57 PM

Just spoke to MIL and told her that I was on IP. She hosts Thanksgiving dinner which is rich and full of carbs and sugars. I told her that I would be bringing my own veggies etc that I can eat. I was so proud of myself for stepping up!!!

IPdivajen 11-03-2012 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishette (Post 4517860)

I'm making that for tonight, too! I had it for our Thanksgiving and it was quite good! Added some pumpkin pie spice to help pumpkin it up.

IPdivajen 11-03-2012 06:44 PM

And oh yes - someone was asking about getting hungry around week 8. Yep, the hungries do sneak back in from time to time, that's for sure!

I find that drinking more water on those days helps big time. In fact, for me it's the only thing that helps. I just keep on drinking that water!!

scorbett1103 11-03-2012 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maezy1 (Post 4517995)
Just spoke to MIL and told her that I was on IP. She hosts Thanksgiving dinner which is rich and full of carbs and sugars. I told her that I would be bringing my own veggies etc that I can eat. I was so proud of myself for stepping up!!!

Way to go!

tam67green 11-03-2012 08:01 PM

Have had a horrible day, diet-wise. It was one of those days where we were running, running, running from about 10:00-4:00. I had to have lunch somewhere in there. My son was at a birthday party, and hubby and I had 2hours to kill, but eating options were somewhat limited. I settled for a dry salad (I forgot to bring my WF dressing and all they had was balsamic vinegar), and some grilled chicken tenders with lemon pepper. So I had some protein at lunch, but not my 2 cup of veggies...been hungry the rest of the day. I have been trying to fill up on herbal tea and water, and had a couple of pickles in there. I feel like I could eat, eat, eat and still want more today! Dinner is almost ready, and I plan on following IP to the letter for my dinner. Oh well, as Scarlett said, "Tomorrow is another day."

Does anybody know where I can find frozen rhubarb in Maryland? I really want to try some rhubarb recipes, but I know it's not in season now. Thanks!

Tammy

cbl70 11-03-2012 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IPdivajen (Post 4518033)
And oh yes - someone was asking about getting hungry around week 8. Yep, the hungries do sneak back in from time to time, that's for sure!

I find that drinking more water on those days helps big time. In fact, for me it's the only thing that helps. I just keep on drinking that water!!

The hungries do sneak back sometimes. My solution is to eat early and then go to bed early.....hahaha... It works for me.

Andi90 11-03-2012 08:22 PM

Hi Everyone.

Another good day on IP diet, getting sick of steak...I need to find something else.

Kate1188 11-03-2012 08:34 PM

Hi all- had a question but I wasn't sure where to stick it. Anyone on phase 2? My coach told me my weight loss would level out and I weighed myself this morning and I'm down another 2 pounds. Do you think it is necessary to do 2 full weeks of phase 2 or can I cut it short and jump into phase 3? I'm getting nervous about my body fat % getting any lower. Thanks for your help!

snolover 11-03-2012 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andi90 (Post 4518094)
Another good day on IP diet, getting sick of steak...I need to find something else.

I hope you don't only eat steak!!! The protein possibilities are endless...

IP43 11-03-2012 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SDChickie (Post 4517639)

Lots of discussion about hubbies/support so I started a thread to explain the male versus female brain. It will explain all! (and hopefully give y'all a smile too)

IPdivajen 11-03-2012 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kate1188 (Post 4518098)
Hi all- had a question but I wasn't sure where to stick it. Anyone on phase 2? My coach told me my weight loss would level out and I weighed myself this morning and I'm down another 2 pounds. Do you think it is necessary to do 2 full weeks of phase 2 or can I cut it short and jump into phase 3? I'm getting nervous about my body fat % getting any lower. Thanks for your help!

I just finished phase 2 and actually gained (mostly because I started running at the same time) but lots of people continue to lose on phase 2, even a little bit. Trust me - when you hit phase 3 that will stop. :) For the sake of one more week I think you're good! Besides, there's quite a learning curve with phase 3 that you want to make sure you're fully prepared for before you just jump.