Old 10-10-2012, 09:05 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 181/163/140

Height: 5'5

Default 1 week with bumps

I have been on IP for 1 week today. I could feel the difference until I had to go to a meeting Monday and Tuesday and they did not have food choices available. I ate the lettuce from the sandwiches one day and then dinner at an amazing steakhouse, salmon and mushrooms... I don't know if it was that I did not eat enough or being on 4 planes in 2 days coming home with a horrible sinus infection caused me to only loose 3 pounds. I feel bloated and have spent a lot of money in one week. Any suggestions to get me loosing at the rate I should be?
time4changenow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 04:01 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 208/ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

I'm in 1.5 weeks and suffering from a sinus cold the kids brought home. I lost well the first week, feeling extremely tired this week with the cold. I think we really need to make sure we drink enough water. I haven't been feeling like eating too much, but I've been forcing the water. I read on some of the threads to pack an emergency stash in your purse that contains vitamins, salad dressing packets, etc. I actually carry a premixed shake or snack in my purse just in case I don't have options wherever I'm at. I'm finding that the planning is hard to get used to I'm not sure that helps, and I'm sure some of the more experienced people will have some really good advice. Hang in there, 3 lbs is still good. I can't think of any other diet that offers those kinds of results on a weekly basis!
sahmmommy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 04:06 PM   #3  
Keeping it real!

S/C/G: 40/31/30 waist inches!

Height: 5' 4"

I agree - 3lbs is still good! Plus, when we're sick our losses are lower because our body is inflamed and also "holding on to every bit" it can. I went through 2 weeks with a major sinus infection where I barely lost a pound.

Carry your shaker and packets at all times!!! I actually got a bigger purse so I could fit the rtd's, shaker and packets in it for emergencies.

Get plenty of water in, plenty of rest (this makes a huge difference in loss) and plan, plan, plan!

Good luck!
healthyangie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 04:14 PM   #4  
Holding on TIGHT

S/C/G: 225/195.4/166.2/135

Height: 5'1

3 pounds in a week IS good! Keep plugging away...you made it through all of that tension etc! If you did hold on to extra weight etc, you should surely see it at your next weigh in...Drink more water and know that you WILL lose weight if you follow the program. I think you did good!
fourstubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 04:45 PM   #5  

Its the planning that takes the most time but boy is it worth it. In my desk, car and purse I have a full stash of stuff in case I need it. I went out to dinner in week one and looked up the menu beforehand so i knew what I wanted to order before walking into the restaurant. I always bloat when I fly too!
maezy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 05:59 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 222/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6 1/2"

Whenever I fly, whether it is a short or long flight, I ALWAYS get swollen feet and ankles...you were holding on to water for sure. Just keep following the plan and I bet next week you will see a good loss.
EPAPRN is offline   Reply With Quote