Ketosis - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-27-2012, 06:48 PM   #1  
Member
Thread Starter
 
szzanni86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Cranston, RI
Posts: 60

S/C/G: 217.8/ticker/150

Height: 5'3

Default Ketosis

Has anyone had an all protein, no carb day to kick you back into ketosis?
szzanni86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 07:32 PM   #2  
Reboot 9/2014
 
scorbett1103's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 4,856

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Default

Nope, I just follow the protocol. Your body needs SOME carbs to function.
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 10:25 PM   #3  
Embracing the suck
 
JohnP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: California - East Bay
Posts: 3,185

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by szzanni86 View Post
Has anyone had an all protein, no carb day to kick you back into ketosis?
Ketosis doesn't work as an on/off switch there are levels to ketosis.

Regardless of what anyone on this forum tells you ketosis is not necessary for fat loss so you should not worry about it. You should worry about following the plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Nope, I just follow the protocol. Your body needs SOME carbs to function.
With respect the body does not need any carbohydrates to function. Protein is converted to glucose via gluconeogenesis. This is the entire methodology of any PSMF of which IP is one.
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 08:16 AM   #4  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 24

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnP View Post
Ketosis doesn't work as an on/off switch there are levels to ketosis.

Regardless of what anyone on this forum tells you ketosis is not necessary for fat loss so you should not worry about it. You should worry about following the plan.



With respect the body does not need any carbohydrates to function. Protein is converted to glucose via gluconeogenesis. This is the entire methodology of any PSMF of which IP is one.
ive been op for 3 weeks and test my levels and im loosing weight nd inches and havent been in ketosis,at least that what the strips tell me,so i guess you dont need to be in ketosis to lose weight and i haven lossed any muscle mass .i though ecause i wasnt in ketosis hat i was going to fail at my goal,but im cmming along just fine
donna123somer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 10:32 AM   #5  
Keeping it real!
 
healthyangie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Eastern PA
Posts: 644

S/C/G: 40/31/30 waist inches!

Height: 5' 4"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by donna123somer View Post
ive been op for 3 weeks and test my levels and im loosing weight nd inches and havent been in ketosis,at least that what the strips tell me,so i guess you dont need to be in ketosis to lose weight and i haven lossed any muscle mass .i though ecause i wasnt in ketosis hat i was going to fail at my goal,but im cmming along just fine
Sometimes those sticks can not show anything if you have a lot of water to release ... try them at the end of your first pee in the morning and then they are more accurate. Another tell-tale sign is bad breath.
healthyangie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 10:37 AM   #6  
Member
Thread Starter
 
szzanni86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Cranston, RI
Posts: 60

S/C/G: 217.8/ticker/150

Height: 5'3

Default

Thank you all. I've been releasing high levels, but suddenly dropped and was staying stable in my weight (ugh!). Got a little discouraged, I guess. Again! Anyway, I knew the bad breath thing from when I was on Atkins. I thought I could push my body back into higher levels by doing all protein for a day. I'll stick to protocol. Thanks!
szzanni86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How Long Does It Take To Get Into Ketosis? needtolose4me2 Carb Counters 30 11-15-2013 06:37 PM
How long did it take for you to begin Ketosis? erincrista Low Carb Frequently Asked Questions 16 04-06-2010 10:36 PM
Induction carb count & ketosis AnnaHope Low Carb Frequently Asked Questions 23 12-30-2008 11:21 AM


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:20 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.