3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   REACHED GOAL...been in maintenance...need a small reboot...anyone else? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/266838-reached-goal-been-maintenance-need-small-reboot-anyone-else.html)

darbs7 09-24-2012 05:35 PM

REACHED GOAL...been in maintenance...need a small reboot...anyone else?

STARTING A NEW THREAD...the other was full

New Englander 09-24-2012 05:59 PM

Thanks Darbs!

Hi everyone! After my first reboot (9 days 100%) I lost and am now only 4 over. I'm actually looking forward to my next one (after my 40th BD in Oct). I'm learning not to overdo my cheat days and to keep them to one per week! I feel more in control and am loving it!!! WOO HOO!!!:)

Happy Rebooting to everyone!!!

jennydoodle 09-24-2012 07:54 PM

Well, I officially have (1) 100% day in the books of my reboot. It was a little tough, but I feel good. I had that "hunger" feeling pretty much all day, but I know after 3 or so days, I will be through the worst of it. Today was my rest day (from exercise) so my eating looked like this:

B: 2 egg whites and Chocolate Drink (powder)
L: Salad w/ 2 cups of veggies, homemade dressing with olive oil, 8 oz. grilled chicken, 1 egg white
S: RTD Mango
D: Salad (same as lunch) and Cran-Granada bar (which is DELISH, btw)

How did everyone else do today? Glad to have the structure of the week back?

darbs7 09-25-2012 10:43 AM

I am on day 23 of phase 1 without a single cheat. I did have extra protein this weekend to make up for the hiking I did. The first 4-5 days I dropped about 6 pounds....but since then I have gone up .4 then down .6...then up .2 than down .4 then up 1.2....etc etc...I am exactly where I was 18 days ago....I have no explanation...mathematically it is impossible.

I am still 8 above my pre-summer weight which was 7 above my goal weight, which was 5 above my lowest weight...you get the picture...that is a possible 20 pounds to lose....so I should not be stalled like this.

I really just want the 8 to get me to my pre-summer weight and I will be happy.

Pxlkitty4 09-25-2012 10:44 AM

Hi everyone. Just popping in to say hi. I'm still maintaining about 12 over the top end of my range. I'm ok with that. Good luck to all!!! I'm taking a break from 3FC for a while (as you can all tell).

Momto2cs 09-25-2012 11:29 AM

Darbs
I still hear you. I haven't weighed since Friday, but I expect I am still hovering just above 150. My norm is 145-147. Scale is insane, but clothes are fitting better, etc.

I agree it seems impossible. Assuming calorie counting works even a little I eat way too few calories and exercise way too much to be truly gaining. Things are happening, but it takes time for the fat/muscle hydration to work itself out.

I have had a few not op things, but if a few onion rings or tortilla chips is that significant I might as well give up now! But I was able to maintain on a weekly basis for a long time, so I will suck it up and give phase 1 another good month after Saturday. I am going to enjoy my wine event. These are really vanity pounds for me and although I am pretty obsessed with removing them, I am not willing to sacrifice rare occasions anymore.

Sigh.

Mom3LoveBugs 09-25-2012 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Momto2cs (Post 4479450)
Darbs
I still hear you. I haven't weighed since Friday, but I expect I am still hovering just above 150. My norm is 145-147. Scale is insane, but clothes are fitting better, etc.

I agree it seems impossible. Assuming calorie counting works even a little I eat way too few calories and exercise way too much to be truly gaining. Things are happening, but it takes time for the fat/muscle hydration to work itself out.

I have had a few not op things, but if a few onion rings or tortilla chips is that significant I might as well give up now! But I was able to maintain on a weekly basis for a long time, so I will suck it up and give phase 1 another good month after Saturday. I am going to enjoy my wine event. These are really vanity pounds for me and although I am pretty obsessed with removing them, I am not willing to sacrifice rare occasions anymore.

Sigh.

I hear ya! My work out pants are getting looser so I KNOW I'm tightening up but that damn scale is stuck. I really wanted to be 145 lbs when I weighed in for my surgery... may not happen unless a miracle happens!

Momto2cs 09-25-2012 02:27 PM

Hey Sara-I will be nosy Anne here! When is your surgery? Hopefully nothing serious! (Please just ignore if I am being too personal)!

My good ip friend had surgery along the way. Don't get on the scale for a while after!! Any swelling shows up and she was pretty shocked at the water retention. But of course it went away soon after.

Mom3LoveBugs 09-25-2012 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Momto2cs (Post 4479614)
Hey Sara-I will be nosy Anne here! When is your surgery? Hopefully nothing serious! (Please just ignore if I am being too personal)!

My good ip friend had surgery along the way. Don't get on the scale for a while after!! Any swelling shows up and she was pretty shocked at the water retention. But of course it went away soon after.

haha... no worries, I don't mind sharing and I have on here before!

I'm having reconstructive surgery to remove the excess skin I am left with since losing weight and having kids. I'm having a lower body lift and breast augmentation. A lower body lift is also referred to as circumferential body lift or a belt lipectomy. This procedure is essentially 3 procedures in one: extended tummy tuck (includes muscle repair) + waist/lateral thigh lift + buttock lift. I will have an incision all the way around my mid section.

I have been warned about 'swell h_ll' after surgery and I will take your advice and not weigh! The recovery is going to be hard but the results will be worth it. :D

Momto2cs 09-25-2012 03:20 PM

Cool. My friend had Brest augmentation, which included liposuction around the bra band area. She looked great after...

I have considered it. My boob shrunk away ith ip and I would love a lift, but apparently if you don't have a lot of tissue left they out the implants under the muscle to hide them and recovery is harder. So I am stuck with Victoria secret!

Make sure you take lots of photos. I just saw a lady on Facebook who had a similar tummy procedure and it was amazing!

maddiefoofoo 09-25-2012 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mom3LoveBugs (Post 4479620)

I'm having reconstructive surgery to remove the excess skin I am left with since losing weight and having kids. I'm having a lower body lift and breast augmentation. A lower body lift is also referred to as circumferential body lift or a belt lipectomy. This procedure is essentially 3 procedures in one: extended tummy tuck (includes muscle repair) + waist/lateral thigh lift + buttock lift. I will have an incision all the way around my mid section.

I have been warned about 'swell h_ll' after surgery and I will take your advice and not weigh! The recovery is going to be hard but the results will be worth it. :D

I both have an appointment for a consultation in December (3 months into p4 for me) - Doing a lot of working out and yoga to try and tone up as much as I can - Body is still changing, so who knows if I'll sign up for anything. The consultation is for a "thigh and buttock lift" - :carrot:

I'll see where I am and what it costs!

Mom3LoveBugs 09-25-2012 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maddiefoofoo (Post 4479671)
I both have an appointment for a consultation in December (3 months into p4 for me) - Doing a lot of working out and yoga to try and tone up as much as I can - Body is still changing, so who knows if I'll sign up for anything. The consultation is for a "thigh and buttock lift" - :carrot:

I'll see where I am and what it costs!

good for you! :)

I LOVE working out! I do yoga 3 times a week, boot camp twice a week, circuit/strength class twice a week, kickboxing once a week and also run 5k twice a week. My MMA classes start up in October too but I will only be able to hit a few before I leave for my surgery.

I think NOT working out may be one of the hardest challenges for me post-surgery... it's my ME time and stress relief.

locopollo 09-25-2012 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Momto2cs (Post 4479658)
Cool. My friend had Brest augmentation, which included liposuction around the bra band area. She looked great after...

I have considered it. My boob shrunk away ith ip and I would love a lift, but apparently if you don't have a lot of tissue left they out the implants under the muscle to hide them and recovery is harder. So I am stuck with Victoria secret!

Make sure you take lots of photos. I just saw a lady on Facebook who had a similar tummy procedure and it was amazing!

I would love this too. I've still got a lot of tissue, but my windsocks aren't so attractive. I guess I'd better start saving!

darbs7 09-25-2012 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Momto2cs (Post 4479450)
Darbs

Sigh.

I agree...and too many more days of this and I will say...screw it and pour some wine myself.

Unfortunately...not vanity pounds...I need to lose a minimum of 10 pounds. Mind you I look way better than when I started and no one even notices...but I do

Quote:

Best money I have ever spent...love my tummy now...just had regular tummy tuck and then revisions to it later.

Also had thigh lift and love that...had the bikini line lift...no incision down my leg....can't even see the scar and it is only a year old

Mom3LoveBugs 09-25-2012 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darbs7 (Post 4479767)
I agree...and too many more days of this and I will say...screw it and pour some wine myself.

Unfortunately...not vanity pounds...I need to lose a minimum of 10 pounds. Mind you I look way better than when I started and no one even notices...but I do

Best money I have ever spent...love my tummy now...just had regular tummy tuck and then revisions to it later.

Also had thigh lift and love that...had the bikini line lift...no incision down my leg....can't even see the scar and it is only a year old

awesome... thanks for sharing!! I am thinking down the road I may need the inner thigh life like you had.... we'll see how it all turns out after everything is said and done though.

jennydoodle 09-25-2012 08:05 PM

Day 2 done. 100% OP. I am still hungry so even though it is barely 8 pm on the east coast, I am considering going to bed. ;)

Darbs- that stinks that the scale is so stuck. It really doesn't make any sense why after so many P1 days it is not budging. It is making me a little nervous that both you and Momto2 are experiencing scale issues.

Hopefully tomorrow will be my last day of hunger. Usually by day 4 things start to turn around.

darbs7 09-26-2012 05:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jennydoodle (Post 4479893)
Day 2 done. 100% OP. I am still hungry so even though it is barely 8 pm on the east coast, I am considering going to bed. ;)

Darbs- that stinks that the scale is so stuck. It really doesn't make any sense why after so many P1 days it is not budging. It is making me a little nervous that both you and Momto2 are experiencing scale issues.

Hopefully tomorrow will be my last day of hunger. Usually by day 4 things start to turn around.

The first few days I lost the bloat and about 5-6 pounds, but since it goes up a little than down a little (but no further down than it was on day 5)....I started out eating around 850 calories a day and then went to around 750 (super strict and basic...lowest packets, meat, etc)...scale went up then went to 950 and the scale dropped for 3 days in a row and then went up a half pound....the last 4 days have been 1050-1180ish...because I did some rigorous hiking this weekend and wanted to have the energy, but no excuse for Monday or Tuesday (just normal walking days)....I still added my measured tbsp of peanut butter (I know it is wrong....but I am getting discouraged)....it is better than what I was going to do on Saturday (go to my favorite Mexican restaurant and endulge in chips and salsa and margaritas).

I plan to keep going, but I probably will stay around 1000-1100 calories...with some extra things (little cheese, little nuts...everything measured)....because the deprevation with the lack of movement is just depressing.

Momto2cs 09-26-2012 10:39 AM

Jenny-I could write exactly what darbs did. I am only about 5 pounds above my normal fluctuating weight -I was 152 this morning and am normally always 145-148. Even with some small off plan foods my calories have been low. I have had some wine, too.

I had the same issues when I rebooted in January. It took way longer at the time to lose the 12 pounds I had gained throughout December. BUT in the end I was leaner than ever.

I can almost see the same thing happening. No scale movement, but clothes a looser and ribs and abs beginning to show. It's bizarre. Eventually the scale will reflect it. Probably faster if I didn't work out 6-8 hous a week!

I hope others have faster rebooting success!

darbs7 09-26-2012 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Momto2cs (Post 4480352)
Jenny-I could write exactly what darbs did. I am only about 5 pounds above my normal fluctuating weight -I was 152 this morning and am normally always 145-148. Even with some small off plan foods my calories have been low. I have had some wine, too.

I had the same issues when I rebooted in January. It took way longer at the time to lose the 12 pounds I had gained throughout December. BUT in the end I was leaner than ever.

I can almost see the same thing happening. No scale movement, but clothes a looser and ribs and abs beginning to show. It's bizarre. Eventually the scale will reflect it. Probably faster if I didn't work out 6-8 hous a week!

I hope others have faster rebooting success!

Not a good day for me....I keep breaking down and crying....and I am not like that at all....thank goodness I am alone when I breakdown.

I think I may be done....the problem....my 8's are too tight to wear all day and I am truely 15 pounds above my goal weight, but 8 above pre-summer weight.

I am not myself at all.....I am struggling at work (low patience) and with my hubby. I feel over anxious and stressed.

Moving to phase 3 tomorrow...skipping phase 2 (no real need for it...calorie count already a little higher). I am going to stay somewhere between phase 3 and 4....real food...no fact sugar....no ketosis.

I will keep visiting because I am still trying to lose those 8 pounds....sorry gang

darbs7 09-26-2012 11:33 AM

fake sugar (not fact sugar)

Momto2cs 09-26-2012 11:40 AM

Darbs. Sounds good. Give yourself a break. You have come a long way. Dieting, especially low carb, can be depressing. And the slowness in the loss can be very draining mentally. Maybe add some vitamin d to your days too, as the days get shorter.

Definitely keep in touch with us!

The morning my dh and I were discussing October-we are both supposed to be doing phase 1-me mainly to support him. He says to me, you, know, I'm happy at this weight, I feel good....he has dropped from about 270 to 240 and is pretty muscular, but he could definitely lose 20 more of belly fat!

And I am killing myself to lose 5 pounds...not sure how this perspective got so screwed!

patns 09-26-2012 11:49 AM

Quote:

How exciting, I'm so happy for you. I'll be the 2nd nosey Albertan and ask this but you don't have to answer. You can't get that done close to where you live right? If I were younger and could afford it I'd definately have this done, well the lower body part for sure. Let us know how you get along.
Pat

MelissaM39 09-26-2012 12:03 PM

Momto2cs and Darbs, you're making me feel very nervous (lol)!! I was hoping to be done with my reboot in a couple of weeks, but now after reading your posts I'm afraid that it may take much longer!

Do both of you just track more than calories? I track calories and carbs. I discovered the first time around that I have a "magic" carb count (34-35) and if I stay in that range the scale drops, anything more than that and there's very little movement.

leganegan 09-26-2012 01:51 PM

Darbs- Hang in there! I was feeling the same exact way you described a few weeks ago. I am slowly feeling less anxious and emotional and irritated. I am not sure if I am feeling better because I have lose 17lbs since feeling my worst, or if it is the Welbutrin the Dr. put me on, or a combination. I started yoga last night, I am sore and look like a hot mess doing it, but I am going to keep it up. Hang in there. Do what works for you, go to phase 3 for a bit. You might still lose weekly in phase 3! This is a forever battle for us, we have to live a happy, healthy life no matter how we do it!

szzanni86 09-26-2012 01:59 PM

You are awesome!

Momto2cs 09-26-2012 02:59 PM

Melissa. I have been tracking everything using myfitness pal. My net carbs are usually even lower than that-around 20-25, with total carbs around 40.

I exercise for at least 60 mins 6 days a week.

I just find rebooting seems to go slow. There appears to be more body changing and less scale changing. I have a low body fat (around 18%) which I think contributes to the slowness.

Even looking at fitness competitors they usually leave 12 weeks for cutting...

Things take time.

Mom3LoveBugs 09-26-2012 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patns (Post 4480439)
How exciting, I'm so happy for you. I'll be the 2nd nosey Albertan and ask this but you don't have to answer. You can't get that done close to where you live right? If I were younger and could afford it I'd definately have this done, well the lower body part for sure. Let us know how you get along.
Pat

hey Pat!

you're right... I cannot get it done anywhere close to where I live so I am flying to Vancouver for the surgery and will be staying with my cousin for 2 weeks post-op to recover before coming home.

I will keep you all posted on how it goes for sure... I'm nervous but very excited! :)

Mom3LoveBugs 09-26-2012 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darbs7 (Post 4480414)
Not a good day for me....I keep breaking down and crying....and I am not like that at all....thank goodness I am alone when I breakdown.

I think I may be done....the problem....my 8's are too tight to wear all day and I am truely 15 pounds above my goal weight, but 8 above pre-summer weight.

I am not myself at all.....I am struggling at work (low patience) and with my hubby. I feel over anxious and stressed.

Moving to phase 3 tomorrow...skipping phase 2 (no real need for it...calorie count already a little higher). I am going to stay somewhere between phase 3 and 4....real food...no fact sugar....no ketosis.

I will keep visiting because I am still trying to lose those 8 pounds....sorry gang

Don't beat yourself up, Darbs... it's a long, hard road and you should be proud of how far you have come instead of focusing on where you want to get to. This is what I have been trying to do and seems to help.

I was really wanting to be 145 lbs before my surgery but here I sit at 155 lbs this morning and I think, I feel good, I look good, I am strong, I am healthy and I'm not going to make myself feel bad over a few pounds. Ultimately, the number on the scale does not define me!

HUGS!! :hug:

patns 09-26-2012 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darbs7 (Post 4480414)

I am in the same boat. I am 5 pounds above goal weight, I was 7. Phase 1 just doesn't seem to kick in this time. But I realized if I eat the way you just described I can lose about a half a pound a week. I'm not in ketosis but the carb monster has not come back full force.

So I will eat that way and realize at this lower weight I don't need to lose as quickly.

I think size 8 is tough with pants fitting because many brands are small 6-8 and medium 10-12s. So with a bit of a gain at size 8 I am between sizes. I cheated and bought some 8s with elastic waists, helps too with the mad rush to the bathroom as I travel from school to school each day.

So lets work on that eating plan and aim for about a half pound to 1 pound a week.
Actually I am a little stoked today because I went out to dinner last night and chose carefully and am down a smidge today. So I'm thinking my body has adjusted to super low cal and doesn't want to budge so I need a bit more and am planning about the amount you suggested.

Let's keep on keeping on! '
Pat

MelissaM39 09-26-2012 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Momto2cs (Post 4480679)
Melissa. I have been tracking everything using myfitness pal. My net carbs are usually even lower than that-around 20-25, with total carbs around 40.

I exercise for at least 60 mins 6 days a week.

I just find rebooting seems to go slow. There appears to be more body changing and less scale changing. I have a low body fat (around 18%) which I think contributes to the slowness.

Even looking at fitness competitors they usually leave 12 weeks for cutting...

Things take time.

This is good to know, it's my first time rebooting so I wasn't sure what to expect. Now I do. Thanks!

jennydoodle 09-26-2012 07:49 PM

I am super nervous too! However, more than anything I just want my pants to feel good again, so if it means body shifting and not neccessarily scale shifting, I am ok with that. This is the first time since phasing off that I am really doing P1, like truly the way it was designed. Even my P1 days after a free day were not "true" P1 days. They usually involved no packets and usually included things like nuts and cheese.

But today is the end of Day 3, 100% OP. No added extras, just straight up P1 the way it was written. I am starting to get into ketosis, but not fully there yet. Hopefully by tomorrow because I am really struggling with hunger. Everything is going fine, but I am sick of being hungry! :)

I am also doing things a little different this time because of my schedule, so I am hoping that will not hinder me. The first time I did IP, I was working out in the evening and eating my restricted mid-afternoon. Now my schedule has changed, and I am working out in the morning (first thing) and eating my restricted at dinner.

Darbs- you have done so many OP days, and I can only imagine how frustrating it is. Have you ever looked into the Carb Sensitive Program? Their P1 is very similar to ours, but with (2) servings of nuts added a serving of fruit at breakfast. I had gotten to the point that I could use this style of day to lose, especially after a weekend that had gotten a little crazy. Maybe you could give this a try? It is kind of like a place between P1 and P3. Something to think about.

So 3 days down, I will check my weight on Saturday morning, as this will be my official weigh day.

Dakin 09-26-2012 08:16 PM

Hello All! Just checking in as I plan to be posting again next week.
Some of you know that I've never truly decided on my goal. I phased off in June mostly because I knew I wouldn't be able to be faithfully OP over the summer and because I was plateauing. The plan is to come back for October to see what I can do. I've been pleased to be maintaining at 2 lbs over my goal all summer, and I have been pretty lenient with my diet and wine.
Sooo, push over please, make some room, I'm snuggling in with y'all.

Quote:

Originally Posted by New Englander (Post 4478641)
Thanks Darbs!

Hi everyone! After my first reboot (9 days 100%) I lost and am now only 4 over. I'm actually looking forward to my next one (after my 40th BD in Oct). I'm learning not to overdo my cheat days and to keep them to one per week! I feel more in control and am loving it!!! WOO HOO!!!:)

Happy Rebooting to everyone!!!

I'm hoping for a similar kick start! I love seeing names I recognize. You were one of the first people I ever 'talked' to on 3FC!

Quote:

Originally Posted by darbs7 (Post 4479356)
I am on day 23 of phase 1 without a single cheat. I did have extra protein this weekend to make up for the hiking I did. The first 4-5 days I dropped about 6 pounds....but since then I have gone up .4 then down .6...then up .2 than down .4 then up 1.2....etc etc...I am exactly where I was 18 days ago....I have no explanation...mathematically it is impossible.

I am still 8 above my pre-summer weight which was 7 above my goal weight, which was 5 above my lowest weight...you get the picture...that is a possible 20 pounds to lose....so I should not be stalled like this.

I really just want the 8 to get me to my pre-summer weight and I will be happy.

Darbs.... here's hoping that the scale catches up with your effort soon! You know that you're doing what you should be... now your body just has to comply! Sending positive energy your way.

Quote:

Wishing you a speedy recovery. You are going to love your new body! I had a breast reduction several years ago and found the recovery to be easier than they had predicted. BTW, I still love that I had it done. I'm perkier now than I was during my 20's! :o

Quote:

Originally Posted by jennydoodle (Post 4479893)

Jenny... you're reminding me of how much I'm going to hate the first 3 days.... wish I could blink and be on day 4 with you!

See you all next week!

darbs7 09-27-2012 04:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Momto2cs (Post 4480427)
Darbs. Sounds good. Give yourself a break. You have come a long way. Dieting, especially low carb, can be depressing. And the slowness in the loss can be very draining mentally. Maybe add some vitamin d to your days too, as the days get shorter.

Definitely keep in touch with us!

The morning my dh and I were discussing October-we are both supposed to be doing phase 1-me mainly to support him. He says to me, you, know, I'm happy at this weight, I feel good....he has dropped from about 270 to 240 and is pretty muscular, but he could definitely lose 20 more of belly fat!

And I am killing myself to lose 5 pounds...not sure how this perspective got so screwed!

Quote:

Originally Posted by MelissaM39 (Post 4480460)
Momto2cs and Darbs, you're making me feel very nervous (lol)!! I was hoping to be done with my reboot in a couple of weeks, but now after reading your posts I'm afraid that it may take much longer!

Do both of you just track more than calories? I track calories and carbs. I discovered the first time around that I have a "magic" carb count (34-35) and if I stay in that range the scale drops, anything more than that and there's very little movement.

Quote:

Originally Posted by leganegan (Post 4480597)
Darbs- Hang in there! I was feeling the same exact way you described a few weeks ago. I am slowly feeling less anxious and emotional and irritated. I am not sure if I am feeling better because I have lose 17lbs since feeling my worst, or if it is the Welbutrin the Dr. put me on, or a combination. I started yoga last night, I am sore and look like a hot mess doing it, but I am going to keep it up. Hang in there. Do what works for you, go to phase 3 for a bit. You might still lose weekly in phase 3! This is a forever battle for us, we have to live a happy, healthy life no matter how we do it!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mom3LoveBugs (Post 4480777)
Don't beat yourself up, Darbs... it's a long, hard road and you should be proud of how far you have come instead of focusing on where you want to get to. This is what I have been trying to do and seems to help.

I was really wanting to be 145 lbs before my surgery but here I sit at 155 lbs this morning and I think, I feel good, I look good, I am strong, I am healthy and I'm not going to make myself feel bad over a few pounds. Ultimately, the number on the scale does not define me!

HUGS!! :hug:

Quote:

Originally Posted by patns (Post 4480869)
I am in the same boat. I am 5 pounds above goal weight, I was 7. Phase 1 just doesn't seem to kick in this time. But I realized if I eat the way you just described I can lose about a half a pound a week. I'm not in ketosis but the carb monster has not come back full force.

So I will eat that way and realize at this lower weight I don't need to lose as quickly.

I think size 8 is tough with pants fitting because many brands are small 6-8 and medium 10-12s. So with a bit of a gain at size 8 I am between sizes. I cheated and bought some 8s with elastic waists, helps too with the mad rush to the bathroom as I travel from school to school each day.

So lets work on that eating plan and aim for about a half pound to 1 pound a week.
Actually I am a little stoked today because I went out to dinner last night and chose carefully and am down a smidge today. So I'm thinking my body has adjusted to super low cal and doesn't want to budge so I need a bit more and am planning about the amount you suggested.

Let's keep on keeping on! '
Pat

Quote:

Originally Posted by jennydoodle (Post 4480931)
I am super nervous too! However, more than anything I just want my pants to feel good again, so if it means body shifting and not neccessarily scale shifting, I am ok with that. This is the first time since phasing off that I am really doing P1, like truly the way it was designed. Even my P1 days after a free day were not "true" P1 days. They usually involved no packets and usually included things like nuts and cheese.

But today is the end of Day 3, 100% OP. No added extras, just straight up P1 the way it was written. I am starting to get into ketosis, but not fully there yet. Hopefully by tomorrow because I am really struggling with hunger. Everything is going fine, but I am sick of being hungry! :)

I am also doing things a little different this time because of my schedule, so I am hoping that will not hinder me. The first time I did IP, I was working out in the evening and eating my restricted mid-afternoon. Now my schedule has changed, and I am working out in the morning (first thing) and eating my restricted at dinner.

Darbs- you have done so many OP days, and I can only imagine how frustrating it is. Have you ever looked into the Carb Sensitive Program? Their P1 is very similar to ours, but with (2) servings of nuts added a serving of fruit at breakfast. I had gotten to the point that I could use this style of day to lose, especially after a weekend that had gotten a little crazy. Maybe you could give this a try? It is kind of like a place between P1 and P3. Something to think about.

So 3 days down, I will check my weight on Saturday morning, as this will be my official weigh day.

As Jenny said this is the first time since I originally phased off (17 months ago) that I followed phase 1 perfect 100%...not a bite, lick, or taste. That scale would not budge, but the last 2-3 days everyone has been dropping compliments..."go away eat it, you've got room to spare you look so great" and "you must be back to your low, you look awesome".....but I am 20 pounds above my low.....I gained about 4-5 from my low when I originally phased off, but that put me right at goal weight...so I am 15 above my goal weight. My plan is to do more cardio and to eat phase 2/3 with no packets and to have an off night once a week. I will still be here daily or every other to check in with you ladies....working on my third year on this site...it has helped me stay focused....

Most of all...I weigh 63 pounds less than I did 2 and a half years ago!

MelissaM39 09-27-2012 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darbs7 (Post 4481183)
Most of all...I weigh 63 pounds less than I did 2 and a half years ago!

Darbs, you should be very proud of your accomplishments and even though you are frustrated/disappointed, you have done an amazing job!

Mom3LoveBugs 09-27-2012 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MelissaM39 (Post 4481301)
Darbs, you should be very proud of your accomplishments and even though you are frustrated/disappointed, you have done an amazing job!

I agree!!!

When I feel down about not reaching my ultimate goal of losing 100 lbs, my husband reminds me that I have lost close to 90 lbs since my heaviest and that is something to be proud about!

New Englander 09-27-2012 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dakin (Post 4480946)
Hello All! Just checking in as I plan to be posting again next week.
Some of you know that I've never truly decided on my goal. I phased off in June mostly because I knew I wouldn't be able to be faithfully OP over the summer and because I was plateauing. The plan is to come back for October to see what I can do. I've been pleased to be maintaining at 2 lbs over my goal all summer, and I have been pretty lenient with my diet and wine.
Sooo, push over please, make some room, I'm snuggling in with y'all.

I'm hoping for a similar kick start! I love seeing names I recognize. You were one of the first people I ever 'talked' to on 3FC!

hi! Nice to "see" you again! Maintaining at 2 lbs over is great! I'm currently 4/5 over. I did my reboot but got off too soon, but it was for an event I had planned.

There's plenty of room for ya in here!!! :)

darbs7 09-27-2012 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MelissaM39 (Post 4481301)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mom3LoveBugs (Post 4481392)
I agree!!!

When I feel down about not reaching my ultimate goal of losing 100 lbs, my husband reminds me that I have lost close to 90 lbs since my heaviest and that is something to be proud about!

Thanks ladies....I have spent four weeks talking so negative to myself....I had to snap out of it.

I ate 1628 calories yesterday.....SCALE DOWN 1 POUND TODAY

I am in such a great mood...been a few weeks coming.!

here is my eating plan for 80% of the time:

eggs and a small portion of meat for breakfast or maybe a high fiber english muffin thingie

salad with chicken and low-cal/low-carb yogurt dressing

meat and veggie with 1/2 serving of high fiber carb with dinner and also some cheese or such (I will limit the amount of fat and carb I combine)

snacks: dark chocolate (just one square), nuts (measured), greek yogurt, berries, or a bar (no fake sugar)

One night a week....if I am faithful all week....and stay with in my calorie count....I will enjoy some wine and a "heavier" meal out...nothing over the top.

I am hoping to drop 10 pounds by Thanksgiving.

Let's see.

Do you mind if I still use this daily....it really helps?

Have a great day all

jennydoodle 09-27-2012 12:27 PM

Of course not! It's your thread! :)

Day 4 and the hunger is subsiding. Thank goodness! I am anxious to check the scale, but am trying to hold off until Saturday. I am hoping I can at least be back down in the 130's. I think I will mentally feel better to get out of the 140's, which is quite far over my ceiling. Although the one thing I am not really looking forward to is my first weekend being OP. It has been a LONG time. But I am starting to feel over the hump, so not wanting to get kicked out of ketosis should be a pretty good motivator.

Momto2cs 09-27-2012 02:17 PM

We are all extremely self critical. I know I obsess more now than I did at 180 pounds. Insane.

I was actually looking at cookies the other day and thinking maybe I would never eat one again...not sure that is reasonable!

jennydoodle 09-27-2012 07:51 PM

True that momto2. I am so self critical now. I beat myself up over a few pounds on a regular basis. Now, I am rebooting and my pants are tight, so there is some justification these days, but in maintenance, I would go crazy over 6/10 of pound! It would ruin my day! Nuts.