3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat Tuesday 09/11/12 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/265998-ip-daily-chat-tuesday-09-11-12-a.html)

haddy4 09-11-2012 06:23 PM

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-bl...0/150/156/.png

Delgen 09-11-2012 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kwannybaby (Post 4464885)
okay so day 3 into this IP, is it bad if i can not finish a product as in i get full before im done? and i havent even added the veggies yet?

Be sure to eat ALL your food. It is all important!:D

EPAPRN 09-11-2012 07:36 PM

I lost 3lbs in WI today...but my body fat went up a tiny bit and my lean mass continues to drop. She thinks I am waiting too long between meals to eat. Sometimes, due to my job, I go 4-6 hours between eating.

So, she told me that if I have to go more than 4 hours between meals, I have to eat one HB egg white for each hour after 4 hours until I can get a packet.

She also told me to add a hot drink when I start to feel hunger pangs to 'relax' the stomach muscle and make the pangs go away.

I guess we'll see next week how that goes!

rainbowsmiles 09-11-2012 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blessedamberly (Post 4464813)
And rainbow I love love love all your recipes!

:hug: thank you :) :carrot::carrot:

Quote:

Originally Posted by EPAPRN (Post 4464996)
I lost 3lbs in WI today...but my body fat went up a tiny bit and my lean mass continues to drop. She thinks I am waiting too long between meals to eat. Sometimes, due to my job, I go 4-6 hours between eating.

So, she told me that if I have to go more than 4 hours between meals, I have to eat one HB egg white for each hour after 4 hours until I can get a packet.

She also told me to add a hot drink when I start to feel hunger pangs to 'relax' the stomach muscle and make the pangs go away.

I guess we'll see next week how that goes!

:cp: woohoo :woohoo: way to go!! 3 more all gone!!!

Chriskii 09-11-2012 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragdoll74 (Post 4464310)
You need to have posted at least 20 times and been a member for 30 days to be able to insert a weight ticker.

When you are eligible, you can find it in User CP>signature. User CP is in the purple menu bar.

Thanks!

AngieBaby41 09-11-2012 08:57 PM

Sweets ....

Quote:

I have the worst sweets craving today. Sitting here drinking and drinking and drinking more water to keep myself from going for something. I thinking I am having a harder time on week 2 than I had during week 1. Anyone else have this happen?

And rainbow I love love love all your recipes!

I've kinda been noticing that this week too. I walked in my bedroom tonight to change clothes after work and I thought, "I would almost kill for a candy bar right now." I'm hoping that my IP chocolate chip cookie later helps. :cookie:

I've been thinking lately too about how angry I am at myself for getting to this point. I had gastric bypass surgery 10 years ago - my insurance paid 100% of it - and here I'm back almost where I started. Makes me mad that I didn't have more discipline and self control. Blah. :tantrum:

Chriskii 09-11-2012 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chriskii (Post 4465068)
Thanks!

This is post #20 :)

Missdee18 09-11-2012 08:58 PM

WI today -3. Almost into the hundred's. 😃

GoalFor40 09-11-2012 09:34 PM

Quote:

I have the worst sweets craving today. Sitting here drinking and drinking and drinking more water to keep myself from going for something. I thinking I am having a harder time on week 2 than I had during week 1. Anyone else have this happen?

I had pretty awful cravings for the first three weeks. It really does get better, stick with it and don't give in. I am in my sixth week and finding that things don't really tempt me that much anymore. Even walking past the Halloween display at the grocery store is not torture anymore.

blessedamberly 09-11-2012 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AngieBaby41 (Post 4465069)
I've kinda been noticing that this week too. I walked in my bedroom tonight to change clothes after work and I thought, "I would almost kill for a candy bar right now." I'm hoping that my IP chocolate chip cookie later helps. :cookie:

I've been thinking lately too about how angry I am at myself for getting to this point. I had gastric bypass surgery 10 years ago - my insurance paid 100% of it - and here I'm back almost where I started. Makes me mad that I didn't have more discipline and self control. Blah. :tantrum:

Good to know I am not alone on the cravings- we CAN get through it! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoalFor40 (Post 4465120)
I had pretty awful cravings for the first three weeks. It really does get better, stick with it and don't give in. I am in my sixth week and finding that things don't really tempt me that much anymore. Even walking past the Halloween display is not torture anymore.

This makes me so hopeful- today was the first day I really had one that was really bad. I am committed to this and just want to get healthy for my kids. Thank you!

Chriskii 09-11-2012 09:54 PM

Yay! I have a ticker now :)

Delgen 09-11-2012 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by haddy4 (Post 4464946)

Wow! You have lost the equivalent of an entire gymnist! WTG!

MommaHen 09-11-2012 10:10 PM

Hi everyone! I am new here, just found this site and today is day one for me. I have been reading through some of the threads and it has been very motivating. :) Hoping that finding this forum will provide some good support. My husband is also doing the IP with me, but my past experience is that men tend to lose faster and it can be frustrating when he drops faster than I do. Speaking of losing...we have been eating low carb/paleo on and off for about three years and have lost quite a bit, but seem to be plateaued.

So today was pretty easy other than I had the omelet for breakfast. I raise chickens and am used to eating the fresh eggs my girls produce for breakfast...that powered omelet was not the best.

Also, I keep seeing references to people making other things from their packets, such as waffles, pancakes etc. Is there a thread with these recipes or a someplace where I can find them?

CoolChickInAFatSuit 09-11-2012 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saskbushbunny (Post 4464943)
I am new to the IP program and am going to try this with alternatives.
Any suggestions on where to buy products for Canadians?

Check out Evepets blog here http://diettalktoday.com/
She is also Canadian and her blog is full of info on alternatives available in Canada.

I do mostly alternatives. I buy my vitamins and chocolate pudding from my clinic. The rest comes from Costco or from thelowcarbgrocery.com.

kimiramey72 09-11-2012 11:03 PM

Starting Week 2 of IP....looking for support, ideas & motivation from fellow IPers

Wanted to cheat soooo bad today and didnt. My boss ordered a Milk Shake and Hamburger and ate it in the car in front of me. Torture. I want this soooo bad. THE RESULTS ARE WORTH THE SACRIFICE!!!!! :carrot: