Old 09-01-2012, 11:38 AM   #1  
Started IP August 2, 2012

S/C/G: S/C/G 171/162.5/135

Default Maybe this isn't for me.....

I know that there will be those that scoff and I have seen the attitude that comes out anytime someone says they cheated or anything negative about this diet. However, I need a sounding board and this has to be it. I have been dealing with the Big C for 12 days now, yep that's that last time I went.... I have taken 2 Novilax morning and night for 3 days with no results. I have the energy rush and the feeling of not being hungry but I am not physically well with all this inside me. (sorry if too graphic) I have a diagnosis of IBS-C and it flares up when I increase my vegetable, intake but this is ridiculous. Even with the addition of the berries my coach suggested, nothing. If any lurkers out there understand my plight, I am interested in your thoughts. Or if anyone else has ay ideas?
FrustratedEnough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 12:18 PM   #2  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Have you tried other remedies besides the Novilax? Sometimes you just need a "clean out"...if you know what I mean. At the hospital we give folks the liquid Magnesium Citrate - it tastes nasty, but works pretty fast. You just have to make sure you drink PLENTY of water (it can be dehydrating) and stay close to a restroom.
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 12:23 PM   #3  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Sorry to hear about that. I would talk to my doctor and ask for some help. Also make sure you are getting enough water and your veggies. Constipation is no fun.
usmcvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 12:33 PM   #4  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

You need magnesium citrate before taking the novi-lax if you are that backed up. Personally for me the novi-lax doesn't work that well. If it were me I would drink a whole bottle (about 10oz.) of magnesium citrate, and then follow up with 4 Ducolux (this is part of the procedure for getting ready for a colonoscopy). Once you are all better I would maintain with a cup of Smooth Move tea once a day. I deal with the big "C" whenever I low carb. I've tried everything, and the only thing that works for me is the Smooth Move tea once per day. I usually have it at bedtime. Works like a charm everyday.
DanafromAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 12:36 PM   #5  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
You need magnesium citrate before taking the novi-lax if you are that backed up. Personally for me the novi-lax doesn't work that well. If it were me I would drink a whole bottle (about 10oz.) of magnesium citrate, and then follow up with 4 Ducolux (this is part of the procedure for getting ready for a colonoscopy). Once you are all better I would maintain with a cup of Smooth Move tea once a day. I deal with the big "C" whenever I low carb. I've tried everything, and the only thing that works for me is the Smooth Move tea once per day. I usually have it at bedtime. Works like a charm everyday.
I've been using the sugar-free fiber powder from CVS daily, but I'm thinking of switching to Smooth Move once a day. I have hypothyroid and "C" is one of my pet symptoms.
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 12:40 PM   #6  
IP Start date 8-11-12

S/C/G: 204/204/125

Height: 5'6

I was going to say the same thing as others....try the magnesium citrate...it comes in different flavors like grape, cherry etc and can be bought at Walgreens, CVS, Walmart etc. You can drink 1/2-1 whole bottle. It's in a glass bottle and it's over-the-counter. If that doesn't work, you could try 30g of Miralax, which is also over-the-counter. If you end up going to prescription formula, you should ask about Lactulose. (my husband is a paraplegic, so I know ALL about what to do for constipation issues)

If you can make this diet work, it works great! Sorry you are having these issues.

Last edited by Ruthxxx; 09-01-2012 at 03:03 PM. Reason: removed signature
Saradise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 12:44 PM   #7  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
I've been using the sugar-free fiber powder from CVS daily, but I'm thinking of switching to Smooth Move once a day. I have hypothyroid and "C" is one of my pet symptoms.
What I love about smooth move is no cramping for me like I have with a lot of the other products. I buy the senna flavor and I sweeten it with one stevia packet. It has a hint of licorice flavor to it. They have a chocolate and peppermint flavor also, but haven't tried those yet. It's also all natural, so I don't feel like I'm putting a bunch of chemicals in my body everyday.
DanafromAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 02:39 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 210/156/150

Height: 5'7"

I also have similar issues and I find that if I eat 1 tablespoon of hemp seeds a day it help a lot. I know it's not on program, but it doesn't affect ketosis and they are extremely healthy. Certainly better than the alternative.

After 12 days though, you probably need something more. Just my two cents, but I'd try the magnesium citrate as others have suggested and if that doesn't work soon I'd head to the Doctor.

I hope you feel better soon!! Good Luck!
Prettyrainbows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 03:13 PM   #9  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

I agree with the others..Magneisum Citrate should work wonders.. I take 3 capsules in the morning and im going by the afternoon..Its the only thing that keeps me really regular
Porthardygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 04:04 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 250/150

Height: 5'4"

I would try the magnesium citrate like every one else has suggested.
Msmeanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 05:01 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 278/247/178

Height: 5.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Have you tried other remedies besides the Novilax? Sometimes you just need a "clean out"...if you know what I mean. At the hospital we give folks the liquid Magnesium Citrate - it tastes nasty, but works pretty fast. You just have to make sure you drink PLENTY of water (it can be dehydrating) and stay close to a restroom.
I agree completely and I have had to use mag citrate twice in last 4 months and it works!
kmstacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 05:22 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

I take magnesium citrate in the capsule form and that works great. I also use the smooth move tea sometimes. I suffered for months until I discovered the mag citrate. You may also need to cut back on the calcium supplements too. Calcium causes constipation.
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 06:33 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 169/140/135

Height: 5'2"

Magnesium citrate all the way!!!
snolover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 07:49 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 197.5/143.2/145

Tried all of the above, finally tried glycerine suppositories, provided just the nudge I needed. For some reason the bg c lasted about 6 weeks for me and then left. Never could figure out what caused it,mor why it left but still use the suppositories occasionally.
MaMaZu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 07:55 PM   #15  
Back to the old me :)

S/C/G: 138.4/see ticker/125

Height: 5'6 1/2

Miralax always makes me go. You can't use it for more than 7 days straight though.
aliceinseattle is offline   Reply With Quote