Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2012, 06:28 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

Default IP Daily Chat Thursday 08/30/2012

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions!

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions!

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19

Last edited by rissimo; 08-30-2012 at 06:29 AM.
Old 08-30-2012, 06:43 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 222/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6 1/2"

Well, I am in P1, week 6, day 4...I've lost 23lbs so far and one dress size (although it could be more, I was refusing to buy bigger than a size 16, and those were tight, so maybe I've lost more than one size).

Last week the scale said I lost 7lbs which was quite shocking for me, but considering the week before I gained lbs and it was TOM and I had been in Newport for the weekend and possibly something snuck in that shouldn't have been there, I felt like maybe I caught up.

This week's WI, the scale said I lost 11lbs. My coach had me move the scale closer to her desk and weighed me again, and I was actually the same weight as last week. So, apparently if the scale is too far away from the GPS box, it will not read the weight correctly. She then had me step on a regular scale which confirmed that I weighed the same as last week. So, I either didn't lose anything last week, or I lost 7lbs over 2 weeks. Either way, I lost, so I am happy.

I think I need to cut back on the restricted items to a few times per week instead of daily because maybe that will help things come off faster. Who knows. I like the variety and feel like those are a 'treat' to look forward to after dinner...maybe I should have them for breakfast?

Anyway, have a great OP day everyone!!
Old 08-30-2012, 07:14 AM   #3  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

EPAPRN...uggg so frustrating!!! i think i would have fallen over in excitement is i saw 11 pounds lost!! and i would have said, hey, just record that right now, i'm not weighing again haha

HOPE EVERYONE HAS A WONDERFUL IP DAY!!!

Old 08-30-2012, 07:58 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 184/146/130

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPAPRN View Post
Well, I am in P1, week 6, day 4...I've lost 23lbs so far and one dress size (although it could be more, I was refusing to buy bigger than a size 16, and those were tight, so maybe I've lost more than one size).

Last week the scale said I lost 7lbs which was quite shocking for me, but considering the week before I gained lbs and it was TOM and I had been in Newport for the weekend and possibly something snuck in that shouldn't have been there, I felt like maybe I caught up.

This week's WI, the scale said I lost 11lbs. My coach had me move the scale closer to her desk and weighed me again, and I was actually the same weight as last week. So, apparently if the scale is too far away from the GPS box, it will not read the weight correctly. She then had me step on a regular scale which confirmed that I weighed the same as last week. So, I either didn't lose anything last week, or I lost 7lbs over 2 weeks. Either way, I lost, so I am happy.

I think I need to cut back on the restricted items to a few times per week instead of daily because maybe that will help things come off faster. Who knows. I like the variety and feel like those are a 'treat' to look forward to after dinner...maybe I should have them for breakfast?

Good for you for the weight loss so far!!! I did end up switching after a few weeks to only having restricted on my work out days or every other day and tried eating them in the morning but preferred them for lunch time......that seemed to be when I had that sweet "craving"! Good luck, your doing awesome!
Old 08-30-2012, 08:11 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 184/146/130

Height: 5'1"

Hey every one.....haven't posted in awhile, hope every one is doing well and staying OP. I have phased off for awhile....not seeming to get past 135....funny that was my original goal. I have been having some health issues and getting checked by my Dr. Blood work and X-rays have been done. I am having a lot of joint and muscle pain.....and found enlarged lymph nodes in various places....they could have been enlarged all along??? I have never been this small, so maybe I was missing them. Anyway my husband keeps saying....you've lost 50 lbs...almost...your body needs time to adjust, but just wondering if anyone has experienced any of these. As well the last few days that I have really noticed I am retaining water....like a lot. My calves measure over a half an inch bigger in the evening, and I can feel my skin is tight. I am worried I screwed up my kidneys or pancreas with this diet.....I don't know you read so many things about no carb diets. Anyway I go to get results today from my Dr. And discuss this new symptom. I was planning on getting thru this next long weekend of camping and going back on phase 1 to try and to my goal, but I guess I will see what happens.

Take care all and have a great OP day
Old 08-30-2012, 08:26 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 260/200.6/180

Height: 5' 9"

Been up since 3:30 this morning. DH gets up then every day for work. I usually fall back asleep but not today. I had a weird feeling and felt thinner this morning. Does that sound weird?

Hope the scale shows the loss tomorrow.

Last edited by Karen71; 08-30-2012 at 08:27 AM.
Old 08-30-2012, 08:33 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 202/150/147

Height: 5'2"

Morning all,

Life has been full. I painted my dining room a few weeks ago, several evenings, after work. At the end of the week, my WI showed 1 pound lost. Then this last weekend, no exercise or anything- 2 pounds. Seems like when I exercise at all, I don't lose. Funny, but that's the way my loses have been the whole time on this diet. When I am "calm and carry on" I lose. When I try to add exercise, I don't. Okey dokey!
21 pounds to goal. I can do it!
Old 08-30-2012, 08:36 AM   #8  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellycg102 View Post
Hey every one.....haven't posted in awhile, hope every one is doing well and staying OP. I have phased off for awhile....not seeming to get past 135....funny that was my original goal. I have been having some health issues and getting checked by my Dr. Blood work and X-rays have been done. I am having a lot of joint and muscle pain.....and found enlarged lymph nodes in various places....they could have been enlarged all along??? I have never been this small, so maybe I was missing them. Anyway my husband keeps saying....you've lost 50 lbs...almost...your body needs time to adjust, but just wondering if anyone has experienced any of these. As well the last few days that I have really noticed I am retaining water....like a lot. My calves measure over a half an inch bigger in the evening, and I can feel my skin is tight. I am worried I screwed up my kidneys or pancreas with this diet.....I don't know you read so many things about no carb diets. Anyway I go to get results today from my Dr. And discuss this new symptom. I was planning on getting thru this next long weekend of camping and going back on phase 1 to try and to my goal, but I guess I will see what happens.

Take care all and have a great OP day
I'm sorry you are having health issues. I thought one of the benefits of IP was that it makes your pancreas function normally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPAPRN View Post

7 lbs in 2 weeks is fantastic...even if it was 7 lbs in 3 weeks it is really good.

I've seen a lot of posts lately about people who do not have the restricteds at all, so yesterday I decided no restricted item. Well that was a mistake for me. I had zero energy most of the day and was super hungry. I'll stick to my one restricted per day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen71 View Post
Been up since 3:30 this morning. DH gets up then every day for work. I usually fall back asleep but not today. I had a weird feeling and felt thinner this morning. Does that sound weird?

Hope the scale shows the loss tomorrow.
I get that feeling also sometimes. Not sure why, but it is usually a good thing when I step on the scale.
Old 08-30-2012, 09:18 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 165/136/135

Height: 5'5

This morning I actually had that feeling, waking up feeling thin. It is only the start of day 4, so I don't know if I deserve a NSV yet, buuuuuut, I did survive going to an RNC party last night from 10pm to 2am! I saw all the food and had no interest in any of it! And they had all types of yummy food. A french fry bar and hummus and pita, and passed goat cheese apps that passed me a dozen times and desserts. Nope, I danced to the 80s cover bands, socialized and had club soda and lime all night, at one point I even said screw it and drank my mango IP drink mixed with club soda in front of everyone. No shame and today, although my eyes are sleepy my body feels great.

EPAPRN- Maybe try it in the morning and see how you do. I mentally try not to eat restricted past 4pm. sometimes I have a bite of a bar when I need a sweet treat.
I always find that when I don't eat restricted it actually hurts me. I guess my body wants those extra carbs so it doesn't feel starved and hold on to everything in my mouth.

Kellycg- I hope your body isn't rejecting IP because it has so many great benefit. Hopefully the bloodwork and tests will get this all figured out. keep us updated and stay strong!
Old 08-30-2012, 09:42 AM   #10  
IP Newb

S/C/G: 195/195/140

Height: 5'4

Morning all!

I just had a crepe pancake with WF Pancake syrup, that stuff is not bad at all! i do still feel a bit hungry though :/ I normally drink either pudding shakes or pina coladas in the morning....we will see how this holds me over.

Loads and loads to do today, so am going to get off the computer for the morning. Hope everyone has an OP day!
Old 08-30-2012, 10:05 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 227/227/155

Height: 5'3”

Good Morning Everyone!

How much time is ok to go without eating or having an IP packet? I was just thinking, on Thurs. I have my shake between 6:30-7am then I don't eat lunch until 1:30. I feel really good but i'm wondering whether I should have an extra IP packet?
Old 08-30-2012, 10:17 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 278/247/178

Height: 5.3

Hi all..I haven't posted in while..been so busy with kids back to school and work but I wanted to check in and say i hope everyone has a great OP day..I skipped my way in last week due to surgery the day before but have scheduled apt for this coming sat so cant wait to see how it goes
Old 08-30-2012, 10:22 AM   #13  

S/C/G: restart: 212/196.4/150

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Good morning, everyone!

I have been super busy so I haven't posted a lot lately. But here's good news: I lost 2 more pounds at my last WI. Yay! I used to be bothered by my 2 pound twinker losses, but now I have the long term proof that 2 pound losses add up quite nicely, thankyouverymuch! I am now down 84 pounds since March.
Old 08-30-2012, 10:38 AM   #14  
Carb Addict

S/C/G: 290/290/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaloJ View Post
Good morning, everyone!

I have been super busy so I haven't posted a lot lately. But here's good news: I lost 2 more pounds at my last WI. Yay! I used to be bothered by my 2 pound twinker losses, but now I have the long term proof that 2 pound losses add up quite nicely, thankyouverymuch! I am now down 84 pounds since March.
Yay Congrats!!!!! BTW I am totally rocking the skinny jeans you gave me
Old 08-30-2012, 10:41 AM   #15  
Carb Addict

S/C/G: 290/290/180

Height: 5'6"

Tonight I am packing my clothes for my weekend on the coast. So that will be fun. My little nephew yesterday called me on the phone and said " Bramby we go to beach?" It was awesome. He's 2.5 years old and best . We talked on the phone about the beach and dinosours for 5 min. Pretty long for him.

So today's quote is:

"If you've invested enough effort and energy to get discouraged, you're well on your way to success. Discouragement is a certain weigh station on the road to any worthwhile achievement.
If you know and care enough to be discouraged, you've made considerable progress. Learn what the discouragement has to teach you and then continue moving forward. It may seem as though you'll never make it, but in reality you're already there. Discouragement tempers and hardens you; it does not stop you.
Reflect on your discouragement and you'll discover that it is a result of your commitment. You've already invested your time, your effort, your life. Soon, you'll reap the full reward of that investment. Let discouragement spur you on.
Motivation is born of desire. The stronger the desire for something, the stronger the motivation.
Endeaver to keep the promises we make to ourselves... We deserve to be treated with the same love and respect that we would give to others....."
Closed Thread