Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2012, 10:10 AM   #1  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Default IP Daily Chat Monday 9/3/12 - US & Canada Labor/Labour Day

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions!

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions!

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19
Old 09-03-2012, 10:14 AM   #2  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Good morning all. Decided we needed a new Monday Daily Chat even though for most all on the forum, it's considered a holiday.

Gray and gloomy here in west central Georgia. Supposed to rain today and then tonight they're predicting up to 1.5 inches of rain tonight after a possible 1/3"today. Yuck.

It's another week and a fresh start. Take advantage for a new day and make sure it's OP.

Have a great one, especially if you're off from work today.

Molly
Old 09-03-2012, 10:24 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 168/138/130

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
Good morning all. Decided we needed a new Monday Daily Chat even though for most all on the forum, it's considered a holiday.

Gray and gloomy here in west central Georgia. Supposed to rain today and then tonight they're predicting up to 1.5 inches of rain tonight after a possible 1/3"today. Yuck.

It's another week and a fresh start. Take advantage for a new day and make sure it's OP.

Molly
Today in Montana out temps are cooling, but we still have high fire danger.

Going to a baby shower today for DD'S BFF. She is like a daughter to me. I am a knitter so I made her two baby hats, a baby sweater and a nice big PINK baby afghan. Can you tell I have no grand kids of my own?
Old 09-03-2012, 10:43 AM   #4  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Good morning all! Officialy down 31 lbs as of today!

I'm really grateful to everyone on here. I don't think that I could have lost 31 lbs in 8 weeks without reading everyone else's experiences and tips.

I hope everyone has a great OPlabor day!
Old 09-03-2012, 10:48 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 231/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post

Molly

If you could send some rain up here we would be very grateful!!! Idaho, Montana and Wyoming are all burning. The smoke, allergy symptoms and general wheeziness are getting tiresome.

Hope everyone has a great day. I have had three days off and am also off tomorrow. Yay. Went to a Crow Nation Festival Saturday and recharged my batteries. Also does not hurt that I have figured out how to keep the puppy asleep past 545 am. Today it was 0730. Double yay. Of course I have to get her off the bed and out at about 1 am and then she settles in her kennel for a few more hours. Sipping my coffee, WF syrup (chocolate today), and Premier Protein iced concoction and catching up on 3FC. Triple yay.
Old 09-03-2012, 10:55 AM   #6  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Default Decaf Coffee Question

I know if you have Caffeine you have to have an extra cup of water per cup because caffeine is dehydrating or something. BUT if I've switched to decaf, can I have lots of that as part of my "water". I weaned myself off the caffeine, but I love my JAVA and would drink 8 cups of THAT a day no problem!
Old 09-03-2012, 11:10 AM   #7  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
I know if you have Caffeine you have to have an extra cup of water per cup because caffeine is dehydrating or something. BUT if I've switched to decaf, can I have lots of that as part of my "water". I weaned myself off the caffeine, but I love my JAVA and would drink 8 cups of THAT a day no problem!
Caffeine is a diuretic (removes water from your system) so that's why caffeine drinks (tea, coffee, etc) have to be offset with more water. Decaf teas and coffees would be counted with your water - just keep track of any sweeteners/flavorings you use
Old 09-03-2012, 11:12 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

IP43, yes caffeine-free is the same as H2O, drink away!

OK my ankle is still hurting, it has been a week now and hubby says 'you need to see a doctor" I say, "I have a root canal tomorrow, I think one painful thing per week is enough" I didn't do anything to my ankle, I just got up a week ago and can't seem to walk on it, very strange.

Overcast in Upstate NY, suppose to rain for the next 3 days. I wish we could send some to the wildfires, my daughter sent pics from mid-north CA, no wonder she has had a cough all week. I hope some relief comes soon for you all.

Off to my sewing room for the entire afternoon Have a wonderful Holiday. I am hoping my dehydrator comes tomorrow or wednesday
Old 09-03-2012, 11:15 AM   #9  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

So excited - my husband was ok'd to put his insulin pump back on this morning! That means he *should* be donwgraded at the least - there's no reason for him to be in Intensive care if his pump is on instead of the IV drip. He is still receiving some fluids but I'm hoping his lab work comes back good so they can take those down too. Hoping for good news!!!
Old 09-03-2012, 12:50 PM   #10  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdoll74 View Post
Good morning all! Officialy down 31 lbs as of today!

I'm really grateful to everyone on here. I don't think that I could have lost 31 lbs in 8 weeks without reading everyone else's experiences and tips.

I hope everyone has a great OPlabor day!
Awesome work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
So excited - my husband was ok'd to put his insulin pump back on this morning! That means he *should* be donwgraded at the least - there's no reason for him to be in Intensive care if his pump is on instead of the IV drip. He is still receiving some fluids but I'm hoping his lab work comes back good so they can take those down too. Hoping for good news!!!
Hope he feels better soon.
Old 09-03-2012, 12:51 PM   #11  
Started July 23 2013

S/C/G: 293.6

Scorbett1103- Hope your hubby makes a fast recovery and gets to go home.
I am on phase 2 for a week before my cruise that leaves from NOLA next Sunday. I think it will be fairly easy to stay on phase 3 on the cruise, if I can just get past the desserts. I plan to take WF dressings and will do the best I can. Am down to the lowest I have been in years, but still need to keep going for about another hundred pounds.
Have a nice holiday all of you in the US. Send us some of that extra rain.
Judy
Old 09-03-2012, 01:00 PM   #12  
started IP 7/17/2012

S/C/G: 200.5/167/150

Quote:
Great news!
Old 09-03-2012, 01:34 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 297/297/175

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delgen View Post
Today in Montana out temps are cooling, but we still have high fire danger.

Going to a baby shower today for DD'S BFF. She is like a daughter to me. I am a knitter so I made her two baby hats, a baby sweater and a nice big PINK baby afghan. Can you tell I have no grand kids of my own?
I looove hand made things!! My husbands grandma made me the most beautiful afghan this summer! I'm looking forward to those cool evening so I can snuggle up with it.

Look at this as 'practicing' for all the grandbabies to come!
Old 09-03-2012, 01:36 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 297/297/175

Quote:
What happened to your husband?! I hope you get good news today! I'm sending positive thoughts your way!
Old 09-03-2012, 01:48 PM   #15  
started IP 7/17/2012

S/C/G: 200.5/167/150

Decided to buy myself another mandoline that is more easily adjustable. I wanted to try thicker zucchini and jicima chips in the dehydrator. Just popped some 3/16" slices in there, so we'll see how it goes... It has a julienne blade too, so I'll have to try the zucchini spaghetti recipe - I think JW posted about that a while back. Off to search for it...
Closed Thread