Old 08-26-2012, 10:33 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 240/173/160-ish

Height: 5'7"

Default IP Packs in a Day...am I wrong?

I am just coming to the end of Week 1, Phase 1.

My coach started me with 4 IP Packs a day - 1 for Breakfast, a mid-morning snack, 1-pack for lunch and a mid-afternoon (restrictive) snack. I have been following that to a T (some days I am not indulging in the 2nd snack however.)

But as I'm reading other people's daily food intake, most people are talking about snack's before bed and not throughout the day.

I'm doing my best to stay OP, but now I'm confused.
Humber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 10:44 PM   #2  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Some folks here have definitely done 4 packets per day, especially in the first week or two. Generally it's 3 packets per day, but your coach may have a very good reason for wanting you on 4 to start out.
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 11:04 PM   #3  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

My coach started me with 3 snacks for the first week only (=5 packs a day week one), then put me down to 3 snacks (4 packs a day) till I got to 200 lbs. Now I'm down to 3 packs a day (I sound like a bad smoker here! LOL) like everyone else seems to be. Some days if I feel light headed she says to have an extra snack as I seem to have lower blood pressure lately. I think your coach has a reason for doing that -- probably just an "adjustment" thing, so see what happens next week when you see your coach. This forum is a real asset but your coach knows what's best for you and your health issues so trust them and just come here for the good ideas and support
IP43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 12:04 AM   #4  
Holding on TIGHT

S/C/G: 225/195.4/166.2/135

Height: 5'1

I have one packet for breakfast, one for lunch and then my regular dinner. Then around 8ish to 9 I will have my third packet. (They are all shakes for me. I stay away from the restricted items, but if I had it, I would enjoy mine at night in place of my last shake.) I don't know if it matters if you eat your restricted at a certain time of the day, although my coach told me that she didn't want me to eat any bars close to bed time. I stay up really late so that doesn't really pertain to me.
fourstubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 08:47 AM   #5  
Started IP 6/22/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humber View Post
I am just coming to the end of Week 1, Phase 1.

My coach started me with 4 IP Packs a day - 1 for Breakfast, a mid-morning snack, 1-pack for lunch and a mid-afternoon (restrictive) snack. I have been following that to a T (some days I am not indulging in the 2nd snack however.)

But as I'm reading other people's daily food intake, most people are talking about snack's before bed and not throughout the day.

I'm doing my best to stay OP, but now I'm confused.
I don't think the timing of the snack matters-- it is whatever works with you and your schedule. Some people prefer not to eat after a certain time or close to bedtime, and and their coaches agree. Others are told by coaches that having the snack before bedtime instead may keep their blood sugar level from dropping too low overnight. So I think it depends on you and what works for you.
nolegirl150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 09:37 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 328.2/205/178

Height: 5'8"

Have them when you want. Truly. You're on four packs for a reason. So am I (which is no surprise, we have the same coach! ) - because we need that much protein.

Have all four packs. Don't skip. Can't emphasize this enough. You need the protein. Have them when you want in whatever order you like at whatever times you like, but don't feel like you have to have a before bed snack. If you want one, save a pack for then. And it doesn't matter which one - having your restricted before bed is not a big deal at all, contrary to some opinions.

Good luck with WI number one!
IPdivajen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 11:18 AM   #7  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPdivajen View Post
Have them when you want. Truly. You're on four packs for a reason. So am I (which is no surprise, we have the same coach! ) - because we need that much protein.

Have all four packs. Don't skip. Can't emphasize this enough. You need the protein. Have them when you want in whatever order you like at whatever times you like, but don't feel like you have to have a before bed snack. If you want one, save a pack for then. And it doesn't matter which one - having your restricted before bed is not a big deal at all, contrary to some opinions.

Good luck with WI number one!
Agree 100%!
LizRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 01:49 PM   #8  

My coach started me on 4 packets, and kept me there. She claims that their clients do better on 4 packets. I am now within 5 pounds of my goal weight, and I am still on 4 packets. I lost slowly, but I am really keeping the weight off. I also ate a restricted every single day, never missed a day. I usually have my restricted at 4 pm, and then a regular packet as a snack after dinner. I love having 4, even if I lost slower.
explore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 02:03 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 328.2/205/178

Height: 5'8"

I'm on four, have been since day one, and have lost pretty quickly!
IPdivajen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 05:01 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 297/297/175

Height: 5'5"

I am also on 4 packs a day. This is my 6th week and officially I'm down 18 pounds! For me I needed that 4th packet a day. And somedays I'm full and don't have it but it's okay if I do. Basically my body has been in starvation mode for a long time (my coach told me this) and now that it's getting food the weight is starting to come off!

Your coach knows what she/he is talking about! Fallow what she/he says and you will shrink! Good luck!
SheenaB is offline   Reply With Quote