Old 07-23-2012, 11:18 PM   #1  

Default Hello!!

Hi I'm new...

My name is Melissa, some people call me Mel.

I've been struggling with my weight for a few years now. I've always tried to diet and really rely on working out to lose weight. But I could never stick to a workout, it would just wipe me out. Then I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and Rheumatoid Arthritis, and then it made sense that the workouts were wiping me out.

Then I heard a few people I knew talking about Ideal Protein. I looked into it and it seemed to have great results. I love that I can do it without working out at first and then I will add in yoga and other low impact workouts.

My only issue is MONEY... and the fact I don't have any!
lol... I am trying to get a new vehicle, am considering switching jobs, medical bills and have many other expenses right now, so I just can't justify the ideal protein price tag. As much as that saddened me. Then I found this forum and discovered the "alternative" options.

Now I'm VERY excited to try it. I have been lurking, studying up, and printing out charts. I'm gathering all my foods and finding where to buy stuff.

I just want to thank you all for all the helpful info. I have found here!

My birthday is Monday, and I plan to start the next year of my life, making myself better in every way!
WhoDat730 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 11:48 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 297/297/175

Height: 5'5"

Good for you. I'm not on the alternative plan BUT it works! Soooo many people have had great results!

We can't wait to see your progress
SheenaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 12:48 AM   #3  
Started IP 7/5/12

S/C/G: 186.7/172.6/150

Height: 5'7.5

Hi WhoDat,

I'm from BR too! This is my 3rd week on IP and I really like it. The cost is definitely a factor and am looking at alternatives too. Just wanted to say welcome! And what a great way to start your new year, Happy Birthday Mel!
BRfirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 07:54 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 239/227/135

Height: 5'2"

Hi Mel, and welcome! What a great birthday gift to yourself. I started out with IP products and then switched to the alternatives. I have to say that my losses on the alternatives have been just as good as on the IP. I'm a pasta junkie and was so happy to find a mac and cheese product from Weight Loss Systems. I buy most of mine from Nashua: http://www.nashuanutrition.com/store/

The have free shipping if you order $100 or more. Good luck to you, I know you will find the support here at 3FC invaluable. There are a great bunch of "losers" here willing to help.
MustangMolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 08:10 AM   #5  
Dieting Since Birth!

S/C/G: 308/ Ticker /208

Howdy Mel...welcome!
Happy Birthday !
As I just wrote to you in the other thread, I am using alternative products and no coach...doing wonderful!
People here are my "coach" and you could not ask for a better coach!
Cheers
Jake
mammoth357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 08:31 AM   #6  
lcmd09

S/C/G: 223/172/150

Height: 5'4"

Default Which products from Nashua?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangMolly View Post
Hi Mel, and welcome! What a great birthday gift to yourself. I started out with IP products and then switched to the alternatives. I have to say that my losses on the alternatives have been just as good as on the IP. I'm a pasta junkie and was so happy to find a mac and cheese product from Weight Loss Systems. I buy most of mine from Nashua: http://www.nashuanutrition.com/store/

The have free shipping if you order $100 or more. Good luck to you, I know you will find the support here at 3FC invaluable. There are a great bunch of "losers" here willing to help.
Hi Molly. I just looked at the Nashua website and was amazed what a savings their products are. My question is, are the ProtiDiet line or the ProtiThin products also comparable with IP products? And if you've tried them, are they as tasty? Because it all seems much less expensive, something my DH would appreciate
lcmd09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 09:34 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 239/227/135

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcmd09 View Post
Hi Molly. I just looked at the Nashua website and was amazed what a savings their products are. My question is, are the ProtiDiet line or the ProtiThin products also comparable with IP products? And if you've tried them, are they as tasty? Because it all seems much less expensive, something my DH would appreciate
I have used both the proti-diet and proti-thin products. The pancakes are very good. When I buy my alternative products I compare the protein and carbs to the products I used most with IP. In most cases, I am actually getting fewer carbs. I have had the chicken noodle soup and that is good, I just ordered the pizza, can't wait to give it a try. The chocolate chip muffins are great! I didn't care for the cranberry-green tea and I do like the chili-lime soy nuts. Can't remember what else I have. Hope this helps.
MustangMolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 09:53 AM   #8  
~Aimee~ On IP 06/26/12

S/C/G: 276/244/176

Height: 5'6"

Hi Mel,

I am from the area too, well not BR, but Laplace! I work in Geismar so I am pretty close.

Just wanted to say Welcome and a huge Happy Birthday to you on Monday! What a great gift to give yourself!

Oh and this board is a lifesaver, visit often!!
aimeed3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 12:56 PM   #9  

Hi Mel and welcome! You have made a great choice in starting IP, I wish you lots of luck!
mightbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 01:11 PM   #10  
Started IP 12 Apr 12

S/C/G: 270/179/170

Height: 5'4

Hi Mel, welcome to the best present you could give yourself, your health! We're here for you.
shathom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 04:02 PM   #11  

Thanks everyone, I'm excited to get started!!

Thanks BRfirefly and aimeed3, are there any good local places you've found to buy things for the diet? aimeed3, I'm from New Orleans, and ever since Katrina my family is scattered everywhere from Mississippi to Destrehan. So I am always running back and forth.

I've been looking at nashua and filling up my cart, lol.

Thanks for the birthday wishes!!
WhoDat730 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 08:41 PM   #12  
lcmd09

S/C/G: 223/172/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangMolly View Post
I have used both the proti-diet and proti-thin products. The pancakes are very good. When I buy my alternative products I compare the protein and carbs to the products I used most with IP. In most cases, I am actually getting fewer carbs. I have had the chicken noodle soup and that is good, I just ordered the pizza, can't wait to give it a try. The chocolate chip muffins are great! I didn't care for the cranberry-green tea and I do like the chili-lime soy nuts. Can't remember what else I have. Hope this helps.
Thanks!
lcmd09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 09:37 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 250/150

Hello Mel and welcome... I was a lurker out here, but I am trying to come out of hiding. I enjoy reading and learning from all the postings. Enjoy your birthday.
Msmeanni is offline   Reply With Quote