Old 07-15-2012, 09:37 AM   #1  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Default It's Sunday, July 15th! What are you eating today IPeeps?

Phase 1: Week 20, Day 3

Breakfast@8:30am: Restricted
IP Chocolate Soy Puffs
Coffee w/splash EAS Carb Control Vanilla

Bodypump@9:30-10:30am

Snack@11am: Strawberry Milkshake
IP Wildberry Yogurt
Frozen Rhubarb
WF Strawberry Spread

Lunch@12pm: Spicy Soup
IP Chicken Soup
Roasted Poblano, Bell Pepper, Jalapeño Purée

Snack@4pm: Unrestricted Pancakes
IP Crispy Cereal
2 Egg Whites
1/2 tsp Baking Powder, 3 oz water
WF Apricot Spread

Dinner@8pm: Salmon Cakes
7.5 oz Canned Salmon (always have some canned protein for emergencies!)
2 Egg Whites
Bell Pepper Mix & Cajun Seasoning

Last edited by LizRR; 07-16-2012 at 12:03 AM.
LizRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 11:29 AM   #2  
began IP May 25

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

Phase 1, Week 8, Day 3Breakfast @ 10:30 (really slept in today!) - Proti-Diet Oatmeal w/2 tsp WF Strawberry fruit spread stirred in
Lunch @ 2:30 - IP Chicken Soup w/pureed roasted veggies & a salad
Supper @ 6:30 - probably Pork Loin, salad, and something using either turnips or zucchini
Snack @ 10:30 - IP Raspberry Jelly w/shredded cabbage in it
greeniris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 01:48 PM   #3  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeniris View Post
Phase 1, Week 8, Day 3Breakfast @ 10:30 (really slept in today!) - Proti-Diet Oatmeal w/2 tsp WF Strawberry fruit spread stirred in
Lunch @ 2:30 - IP Chicken Soup w/pureed roasted veggies & a salad
Supper @ 6:30 - probably Pork Loin, salad, and something using either turnips or zucchini
Snack @ 10:30 - IP Raspberry Jelly w/shredded cabbage in it
hmmmmm how do you make that and i never heard of cabbage in jello??? intrigued!!! haha
rainbowsmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 02:17 PM   #4  

S/C/G: restart: 212/196.4/150

Height: 5'3 1/2"

I am so glad this thread exists. I have reached a point this week where I just can't get that excited about food. I need to shake things up!

For breakfast, I had a chocolate drink made with coffee and cinnamon.

Snack: ? wildberry shake (a little spinach)

Lunch:? chicken noodle soup and celery sticks

Dinner: I think I will sautee up some finely diced zucchini, peppers, and mushrooms with ground turkey, cumin, chili powder, cayenne and onion powder.

Snack:? My coach has me on 4 packets a day. I think I will end with the pina colada drink. I <3 it!
ChaloJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 03:08 PM   #5  
IP Start: 6/30/12

S/C/G: 244/.../145

Height: 5'2"

I feel like my food is so much more boring than everyone else's!

Breakfast: RTD Vanilla Shake

Lunch: "Taco" salad

Dinner: Ham salad

Snack: Chocolate soy puffs.
Meagan240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 03:09 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 194.4/188.3/134

Height: 5'1"

Breakfast:
Shake: Jay Robb Strawberry
3 mile walk
Lunch big bowl with lettuce, 1 cup chopped red bell pepper, 1/2 cup red onion, 1/2 cup mushrooms, 4 oz ground beef, 1 slice vegie cheese, 2 TBSP WF 1000

Snack: Bar

Dinner: 4 oz chick breast grilled, rutabega fries(I hope), salad, spinach.

Bedtime : Shake

Last edited by BLUEJEWEL; 07-15-2012 at 03:09 PM.
BLUEJEWEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 03:27 PM   #7  
IP attempt #2

S/C/G: 213/213/140

Height: 5'1

Breakfast:
Crispy cereal pancakes with wf caramel syrup mixed in
Wf pancake syrup
Coffee with Splenda

Lunch:
Soy patty with mustard
Salad with 1 1/2 c cucumber with a mustard vinegarette
1/2 mini dill pickles

Dinner:
Steak on the grill
Grilled turnips
Salad with mustard vinegarette

Snack:
Cappuccino drink with wf caramel syrup

Last edited by GeauxTigers82; 07-15-2012 at 03:28 PM.
GeauxTigers82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 03:49 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 248/213/150

Height: 5'2"

Breakfast: omelet
Lunch: lettuce salad with spinach vinegar estate dressing
Snack: cappuccino drink
Dinner: taco salad with 8 oz ground turkey 93/7 and 1/2 a tomato
Snack: dark chocolate pudding pop
Rhonduz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 04:05 PM   #9  
began IP May 25

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

Rainbowsmiles:
My mom would sometimes put shredded cabbage in orange jello when I was growing up. I didn't really like it then, but now I like cabbage better. Just shred up some raw cabbage (no more than 3/4 c) and stir it into the IP Raspberry Jelly (jello) right after the jelly dissolves in the warm water. Put in fridge to let it set up. A great way to get in more veggies in during the day
greeniris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 04:08 PM   #10  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeniris View Post
Rainbowsmiles:
My mom would sometimes put shredded cabbage in orange jello when I was growing up. I didn't really like it then, but now I like cabbage better. Just shred up some raw cabbage (no more than 3/4 c) and stir it into the IP Raspberry Jelly (jello) right after the jelly dissolves in the warm water. Put in fridge to let it set up. A great way to get in more veggies in during the day
thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
rainbowsmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 10:11 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 251/** ticker **/170

Height: 5'9

Thanks for taking the time to post. I am new & I really appreciate seeing these sample days. Y'all are a great encouragement to me!
faithgirljen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 10:50 PM   #12  
Started IP 7/5/12

S/C/G: 186.7/172.6/150

Height: 5'7.5

Baked okra chips are amazing. I just take the whole okra spear, lightly salt it, and bake it! They're salty and delicious. I like to eat them when I'm watching a movie, my popcorn alternative.

Here's some really good information on okra (this makes me want to eat okra every day): http://www.asianhealthsecrets.com/okra-chips/
Okra, a slender green vegetable used in Creole, and Cajun cooking, is a member of the cotton family indigenous to the Nile in North Africa and the Middle East. It was discovered about 3500 years ago in Ethiopia. Early Egyptians, including Cleopatra, loved its taste and cleansing/beautifying effects. Okra came to North America via the slave trade and then to Europe, Asia and South and Central America. Okra is low in calories and is a good source of many nutrients including vitamins A, B6 and C, fiber, calcium, riboflavin, zinc and folic acid. It is very alkaline, a bulk laxative because of its slimy texture. Okra is good for the gut. The mucilage and fiber found in okra helps adjust blood sugar by regulating its absorption in the small intestine. The fiber maintains a healthy gastro-intestinal tract, facilitates probiotics similar to yoghurt in the small intestine, and helps biosynthesis of Vitamin B complex. Okra traps and eliminates toxins and frees bile so that it prevents constipation, bloating, and complexion problems. That makes okra an ideal vegetable for weight loss. Protein and oil contained in the seeds serve as a first-rate vegetable protein, enriched with amino acids such as tryptophan, cystine and other sulfur amino acids.
BRfirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 12:00 AM   #13  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRfirefly View Post
Baked okra chips are amazing. I just take the whole okra spear, lightly salt it, and bake it! They're salty and delicious. I like to eat them when I'm watching a movie, my popcorn alternative.

Here's some really good information on okra (this makes me want to eat okra every day): http://www.asianhealthsecrets.com/okra-chips/
Okra, a slender green vegetable used in Creole, and Cajun cooking, is a member of the cotton family indigenous to the Nile in North Africa and the Middle East. It was discovered about 3500 years ago in Ethiopia. Early Egyptians, including Cleopatra, loved its taste and cleansing/beautifying effects. Okra came to North America via the slave trade and then to Europe, Asia and South and Central America. Okra is low in calories and is a good source of many nutrients including vitamins A, B6 and C, fiber, calcium, riboflavin, zinc and folic acid. It is very alkaline, a bulk laxative because of its slimy texture. Okra is good for the gut. The mucilage and fiber found in okra helps adjust blood sugar by regulating its absorption in the small intestine. The fiber maintains a healthy gastro-intestinal tract, facilitates probiotics similar to yoghurt in the small intestine, and helps biosynthesis of Vitamin B complex. Okra traps and eliminates toxins and frees bile so that it prevents constipation, bloating, and complexion problems. That makes okra an ideal vegetable for weight loss. Protein and oil contained in the seeds serve as a first-rate vegetable protein, enriched with amino acids such as tryptophan, cystine and other sulfur amino acids.
Thanks for this...I tried making okra a while ago and made the mistake of chopping them up and preparing them wrong with the sliminess that turned me off them...need another way to try them for an okra reboot!
LizRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 12:13 AM   #14  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 260.8/144/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post
Thanks for this...I tried making okra a while ago and made the mistake of chopping them up and preparing them wrong with the sliminess that turned me off them...need another way to try them for an okra reboot!
I slice my okra fairly thin and toss with sea salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and a little bit of olive oil. I spread the okra in a single layer on a cookie sheet. Then I roast it for 15 minutes in a 425 degree oven. It turns out a little crunchy and not slimy.

That being said I love okra any way any how, even slimy!
SewingMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 01:25 AM   #15  

S/C/G: restart: 212/196.4/150

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SewingMomma View Post
I slice my okra fairly thin and toss with sea salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and a little bit of olive oil. I spread the okra in a single layer on a cookie sheet. Then I roast it for 15 minutes in a 425 degree oven. It turns out a little crunchy and not slimy.

That being said I love okra any way any how, even slimy!
Oh my goodness, that sounds so good. Definitely going to try that.

I love okra. It isn't very common up here in the PNW, so it's hard to find fresh okra that doesn't look totally bruised up. I used to love to put okra in my chicken noodle soup. Hmmmm, maybe I should try putting some in IP chicken noodle soup for lunch?

Thanks for the recipe!
ChaloJ is offline   Reply With Quote