Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2012, 12:15 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 157/141.5/125

Height: 5'2

We are off to the pool today.....got lots of ice to keep my water cool. Happy Friday everyone!!
Old 07-06-2012, 12:18 PM   #32  
Started IP 3/12/12

S/C/G: 248.25/see ticker/130

Height: 5' 2"

Final day of our "staycation". We were in WI Dells for about 5 days with a Milwaukee Brewer game thrown in. Had a great time, but decided to finish the week at home in our pool we set up this year. Had a week off from WI as I was out of town, but pretty sure the next one will put me into the long awaited "onederland"! Have a great day everyone!
Old 07-06-2012, 12:26 PM   #33  
Started IP 12 Apr 12

S/C/G: 270/179/170

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darralyn View Post
Happy Friday Friends!
Well I went to the clinic yesterday and found out what was wrong with me..my blood pressure was super low! I need to get into the Dr and have some of the BP meds lowered or removed. As a matter of fact I didn't take my beta blocker last night or the diruetic this am. I take one more pill which I went ahead and took today; but I feel so much better! Thanks all for your well wishes and concern; I am doing GREAT today!! It feels so wonderful to feel good!!
That is just awesome to be able to come off of meds, I also take blood pressure meds and my pressure is reading lower and lower each month. Pretty soon we'll both be free of one pill!
Old 07-06-2012, 12:27 PM   #34  
Restart 12/29/13

S/C/G: 172/160/135

Height: 5'2

Smile

Hello IP'ers! I'm new to IP and the site, but very excited to be here! I just finished my first week and I'm feeling motivated as ever, especially after reading so many of your success stories!

I have a few questions and I was unable to have them answered by my coach this week because she broke her ankle (ouch( and was out of the office! I was still able to get food and WI, so I am hoping you all may be able to help me out.

1. Lettuce cannot count towards your 4 cups of veggies, correct? I haven't been counting lettuce and have been diligent about the 4 cups, but I guess I'm just curious about what would happen if I came short?

2. What about the sugar alcohol in sugarless gum? Still okay to chew?

3. Does anyone work nights? I have a 15 month old I am up with all day (maybe nap with her for 2 hours), then I am up all night at work 2-3x/week. Last week I tried to spread the food out over the 24 hours I'm awake, but I really felt famished. I added an extra salad in, but I think my body really needs a little protein with that salad. Any experience in this department would be greatly appreciated.

4. Lastly, prior to IP, I ran 2-3 miles a few times a week and did Body Pump (low weight/high rep lifting). I LOVE to workout. Food has always been my issue. My coach made it very clear that I need to take a break. No problem. I will do that. I am a rule follower, so I won't cheat, but I was just curious when in your journey you were able to start working out again. I just want to think about the light at the end of the tunnel as I'm longingly watching people jog through the neighborhood

Thank you all for your inspiration and support! Your recipes, advice and success stories are very motivating! Have a great weekend
Old 07-06-2012, 12:34 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 231/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Sort of an NSV today. my job occasionally requires me to put on scrubs very quickly. well, 3X is not a common size and is often in short supply, not good if someone is depending on me. so I would stock pile them in each vehicle so that I would have them if needed. Well, I no longer need 3Xs so today I returned all of them. yay, me. Of course it would have been funny if I had actually put them on and then run off to work, too!!!
Old 07-06-2012, 12:34 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 227/227/155

Height: 5'3”

Oooohhhh....I've been messin' up a bit without realizing it. My coach told me today that no restricted items after 3 pm. I am majorly bummed out! I only have my restricted ones on the weekends...in the evenings. Gosh, here I thought i've been doing soooo well. I feel like a spoiled 2 yr. old being told she can't have something anymore. I love my weekend parties w/my IP treats....partying in the afternoon is not going to do it for me!!!! This is gonna be a tough one for me.....

Happy OP Friday IPeeps
Old 07-06-2012, 12:37 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 145/124.8/120

Height: 5'2.5"

RN4Babies, I just finished Week 1, but my coach told me take two weeks off and when I start working out again, we will probably want to add another packet. Until then, walking and light yoga and Pilates.
Old 07-06-2012, 12:38 PM   #38  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by RN4Babies View Post
Hello IP'ers! I'm new to IP and the site, but very excited to be here! I just finished my first week and I'm feeling motivated as ever, especially after reading so many of your success stories!

I have a few questions and I was unable to have them answered by my coach this week because she broke her ankle (ouch( and was out of the office! I was still able to get food and WI, so I am hoping you all may be able to help me out.

1. Lettuce cannot count towards your 4 cups of veggies, correct? I haven't been counting lettuce and have been diligent about the 4 cups, but I guess I'm just curious about what would happen if I came short?Come as close to the 4 cups of veggies as possible. You are correct about the lettuce not counting as part of your veggies. It is important that you get all of your veggies with the combination of the other foods we eat. It all works hand in hand

2. What about the sugar alcohol in sugarless gum? Still okay to chew?Yes, you can chew sugar free gum....2-3 pieces a day

3. Does anyone work nights? I have a 15 month old I am up with all day (maybe nap with her for 2 hours), then I am up all night at work 2-3x/week. Last week I tried to spread the food out over the 24 hours I'm awake, but I really felt famished. I added an extra salad in, but I think my body really needs a little protein with that salad. Any experience in this department would be greatly appreciated.

4. Lastly, prior to IP, I ran 2-3 miles a few times a week and did Body Pump (low weight/high rep lifting). I LOVE to workout. Food has always been my issue. My coach made it very clear that I need to take a break. No problem. I will do that. I am a rule follower, so I won't cheat, but I was just curious when in your journey you were able to start working out again. I just want to think about the light at the end of the tunnel as I'm longingly watching people jog through the neighborhood It is very important that you let your body get used of your new way of eating. It is recommended that you do not exercise for the first month at least. After that light to moderate walking, yoga or something not to get your heartbeat up to much.

Thank you all for your inspiration and support! Your recipes, advice and success stories are very motivating! Have a great weekend
My answers are in BOLD purple to your questions these are of course MY OPINIONS only
Old 07-06-2012, 12:40 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 180/176/155

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RN4Babies View Post

1. Lettuce cannot count towards your 4 cups of veggies, correct? I haven't been counting lettuce and have been diligent about the 4 cups, but I guess I'm just curious about what would happen if I came short? You don't HAVE to eat lettuce, but its a free item, so if you do you need to make sure you get additional vegetables.

2. What about the sugar alcohol in sugarless gum? Still okay to chew? Nope, no gum.

3. Does anyone work nights? I have a 15 month old I am up with all day (maybe nap with her for 2 hours), then I am up all night at work 2-3x/week. Last week I tried to spread the food out over the 24 hours I'm awake, but I really felt famished. I added an extra salad in, but I think my body really needs a little protein with that salad. Any experience in this department would be greatly appreciated. I sometimes work nights when I attend births and when I do I eat every 4 hours (usually its a drink mix or pre-mixed shake). I also end with a salad with about 3oz meat on it (whatever the hospital has at the salad bar).

4. Lastly, prior to IP, I ran 2-3 miles a few times a week and did Body Pump (low weight/high rep lifting). I LOVE to workout. Food has always been my issue. My coach made it very clear that I need to take a break. No problem. I will do that. I am a rule follower, so I won't cheat, but I was just curious when in your journey you were able to start working out again. I just want to think about the light at the end of the tunnel as I'm longingly watching people jog through the neighborhood It's different for everyone, but when people do workout they add an extra IP to their day
See bolded
Old 07-06-2012, 12:40 PM   #40  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heitina View Post
Oooohhhh....I've been messin' up a bit without realizing it. My coach told me today that no restricted items after 3 pm. I am majorly bummed out! I only have my restricted ones on the weekends...in the evenings. Gosh, here I thought i've been doing soooo well. I feel like a spoiled 2 yr. old being told she can't have something anymore. I love my weekend parties w/my IP treats....partying in the afternoon is not going to do it for me!!!! This is gonna be a tough one for me.....

Happy OP Friday IPeeps
Did she tell you why? I have been on the program for 15 months and I have had them at all hours of the day (restricted) mostly in the morning for breakfast but I have had some times where I eat it for dinner...Never heard of such
Old 07-06-2012, 12:44 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 197.5/143.2/145

Height: 5' 8"

Yikes! Weigh-in this morning shows I am .8 away from goal! Can't believe how fast this part of the journey has gone! Definitely nervous and excited about the real battle ahead!
Heading to LA with the hubs for a weekend of museums, botanical gardens, a play and some good food, and of course watching the Wimbledon finals, go Federer!

Last edited by MaMaZu; 07-06-2012 at 12:48 PM.
Old 07-06-2012, 12:46 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 212/194/170

Height: 5'6"

Was down 3 more lbs yesterday! So happy to keep seeing the scale go down and the inches come off. I keep trying on clothes in the bottom of my drawers and LOVE fitting into them! Thanks to all the tips & ideas I get on this site. I don't think I would be this successful if I had not found this site!
Old 07-06-2012, 12:48 PM   #43  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heitina View Post
A LOT of folks have their restricteds late at night - it sounds like each coach have their own theories and ideas of what works based on personal preference. I have not read any 'official IP press' that states we can only have restricteds at certain times. That being said - if you've had success so far, and this is what works for you - talk with your coach again and ask her WHY, because it sounds like you have it set up for your own success and enjoyment. Some coaches tell their clients to have their restricteds at the end of the day!

Last edited by LizRR; 07-06-2012 at 12:49 PM.
Old 07-06-2012, 01:05 PM   #44  
Started IP 06.12.12

S/C/G: 199.4/163.8/140

Height: 5'4"

Had my WI#4 today and down 2 pounds this week!! Not bad considering my TOM I have someone picking up a salad for me from chipotle, is a little of their salad dressing allowed or no?
Old 07-06-2012, 01:06 PM   #45  
IP attempt #2

S/C/G: 213/213/140

Height: 5'1

Good afternoon! I am so sad that my summer is winding down! I am a teacher, and I really needed my summer after my last class. They definitely wore me out!

My dh had back surgery a month ago, and he is finally going back to work on Monday. I have been trying to potty train my very stubborn 2 1/2 yr old son so he can go to the 3 yr old program at my school. It saves us money and gas if he would just pee in the potty! Ughhhhh.

I am going to start getting my classroom ready next week because we are going on vacation at the end of July. I would love to go on vacation and not have to worry about my classroom when I get back.

Guess its lunch time...trying to decide between chicken a la king or a soy patty
Closed Thread