3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat Thursday 06/28/12 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/261851-ip-daily-chat-thursday-06-28-12-a.html)

cscape 06-28-2012 12:42 PM

Pork ideas

Hope everyone is having a great day! I took out some boneless pork country ribs (lots of meat, little fat), from my freezer but cannot use the recipes I would normally use for them. Does anyone have a recommendation for a sauce or marinade that would be 100% IP? I know I can parboil them to get rid of excess fat.but don't know where to go from there. Any ideas??

cscape 06-28-2012 12:44 PM

staceyjblack and usmcvet you guys have done an awesome job!

staceyjblack 06-28-2012 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cscape (Post 4387031)
staceyjblack and usmcvet you guys have done an awesome job!

thanks cscape!

Darralyn 06-28-2012 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rissimo (Post 4386680)
Good luck on your weigh in, I know that you are going to do great!!! Remember, any loss is a great loss, even if it is just inches! You've got this. I am so proud of you for what you have done so far!!!!:hug:

Well according to the Wii this morning, I am back down to where I was last week. Hopefully, me starting to work out on the Wii again in the mornings and evening will help. I have got to start toning up some of this saggy skin. My upper arms "flap" in the wind now. As long as I don't raise them they don't look too bad.:o I noticed in the mirror the other morning that I no longer have the "bubble butt" that I have had all my life. I was always made fun of growing up becasue of it. Now I have to work on lifting it back up. I guess I will be doing squats and donkey kicks...eeeeeawwww eeeeeawwwww. And of corse, my tummie needs toning as well. Lots to do, lots to do.

I see there are alot of newbies here, WELCOME and CONGRATULATIONS on your decision to start this plan. I feel it is the best decision anyone can make. Yes it is a very restricted plan, but at least you know what you are going to have everyday and you don't have to sit and stare into the cabinets and fridge deciding what you are going to fix. It does become easier after the first week or so. There is alot if support here on this site, so please do not be afraid to ask questions. If you fall off the wagon, just pick yourself back up and get right back on, don't beat yourself up over it. There will be times that you may get some tough love from us here, but please do not take is personally, it it out of love and concern. We know that it can be done, and we know that you can do it. We ALL are here because of one reason and we are in this together. We all know what it feels likes and that is what makes this such a wonderful place.

Congratulations to all the ones who had weigh in's so far and good luck to those who still have to weigh in.

I hope that everyone has a wonderful OP day.

Hugs and smooches to ya'll!!

Love the hairdo Riss and also appreciate you opening this chat as often as you do.
You are so kind and such a great cheerleader! Thanks!! :hug:

Quote:

Originally Posted by usmcvet (Post 4386677)
Thanks meadow. My scale said 360 this morning which is 110# lost so I should make it past 100# today.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cadu (Post 4386758)
Good Morning Everybody

I have been away a couple days.. very busy and honestly, I have been spending way too much time on here ( I am addicted) and I wasnt getting anything done. I have to make an effort to only check in once in awhile.

Congrats on all losses and Good luck at all WI's

You have been missed!!! Great to see you back! I know I have had to back off on this also; not getting enough done! :hug:

Quote:

Originally Posted by IPdivajen (Post 4386772)
Hey Cadu! Nice to see you. :)

USMC - rock that scale, my friend. I feel like I'll be refreshing this thread like a crazy person until I see your update!!!

Riss, I hear you on the flab. My arms could carry me home if ever I was to take flight! And the craziest part? My thighs! Because things have loosened up so much the bottom parts flab around and sometimes make contact with one another as I walk. Makes a horrible sound. Mortifying.

What's even more mortifying is that I just admitted that on the internet!!! :o

Hope everyone has a wonderful Thursday. I'm feeling a bit better today as there was a nice .6lb drop overnight so I'm hoping I'm getting back on track.

Oh we won't tell anyone. :smug:

Quote:

Originally Posted by wuv2bloved (Post 4386808)
Good morning y'all....just wanted to check in here, I am loving my new job as a coach! very satisfied meeting the people. They are all happy to finally meet me so its exciting :)

USMC you gonna stop by and see me too?....hahaha

Glad you are lovin your new job!! You are going to do so well and what a great fit!! It is amazing how things work out for the best! Love you. :hug:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trishak (Post 4386814)
Had WI#24 today (feels like WI 2,4000,000 :D). Only down .6 this week. I expected this, as I was really struggling with stay OP last week and over the weekend. But I've been 100% since Monday, and have resolve to stay that way from here on out. I'm really hoping to have a great WI next week. I really NEED to see the 150's on that scale soon. I've been hanging out at 161-162 for 2 weeks now and I'm ready to move onward!

My taste buds have changes so much on this diet. I brought my coffee to work so I could make my drink with the vanilla drink mix after my WI, but I was hungry and drank the coffee black in the car on the way to work. It tasted so good. I would have NEVER drank black coffee before. Now I can have a yummy bar for breakfast! :carrot:

Ok, everyone have a great 100% day!

Great job!! You are doing very well! :carrot::carrot:

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomoreweight (Post 4386845)
Good morning, everyone! I had a little NSV this morning. I put on these jeans that I had bought a few weeks before starting this program. They are actually what inspired me to do this, as it was the first pair of size 18 that I bought. I had been a size 16 for a few years now, and was so scared when they started getting tight. Anyways, I woke up feeling a little discouraged, and put these pants on. They are to big! Mainly in the thighs, which is kinda strange, but also the waist! I had to take em back off to make sure they were the pair I thought they were, and I was giddy when I realized they were! They were my "tight" jeans when I got em! Go me!

Good luck to everyone with a WI today, and I hope everyone has an awesome OP day!

That is wonderful!! I love the clothes getting too big!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by GiGiBlue (Post 4386858)
Wow! I wish I had time to comment on all the motivating posts and pics here. Posted my first comment yesterday, saying I was struggling. Last night, I spent some time getting down to the real reason for that struggle. I have to admit that throughout my 20+year marriage, I have made poor decisions regarding my own health and well-being, in order to avoid conflict with my husband. I eat out way more than I would like, I eat in restaurants I don't like and eat meals at home I don't want. I realize this has very little to do with my husband, and a whole lot to do with my "wanting to please". From today forward, I am going to do what's right for me. I told him that I'm no longer going grocery shopping with him, struggling through the aisles of candy, chips, cookies, crap, etc. etc. etc. He's on his own. Today I feel refreshed with new-found strength to reach my goal. These posts are going to help get me there. It's time to grow up and treat myself like I'm worth it! Thanks to all, and best wishes to all here. :):):):):):) 1 for every 5 lost!

That's the way to take care of yourself; cause if we don't aint nobody gonna do it for us!!! :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by swimcoachmomma (Post 4386875)
good morning folks. this is day two of phase one after some time in maintenance. was super hungry yesterday. Today is another day and I have had my coffee and shake so far. Seems to be less stressful this time. I've got this!!!hopefully will reboot and make those last few pounds melt off quickly. Lots of great support here. I have also ditched my coach and so i am grateful for you all. Good luck with all of the weighins- cant wait to hear the update Vet...

YOU CAN DO THIS! You did it before and you can do it again!! We are with you!! :hug:

Quote:

Originally Posted by shathom (Post 4386876)
Good morning all, had my WI and I am down another 3#, that is a total of 43 lbs gone forever and another 3 inches gone as well for 22 total! I am flying high right now. Good luck to everyone that has to weigh in today. Have a great day all!

Fantastic!! You are really going for it aren't you!! I am very happy for you!! :hug:

[QUOTE=bttrhalf;4386893]great to here you have figured out that you are worth it:hug:

I have WI #1 today in the afternoon, a bit scared hoping for a real good number down (5 would be great). my jeans are already starting to feel looser :carrot:.
next Monday I leave for a short road trip to Libby Montana for a Wedding on Tuesday and then home on the 4th I will be discussing this with my coach today to see how to plan for this and what i should bring with me. going to have my son bring his laptop so I can get online see how things are going with every one here you guy's keep me motivated and OP.:grouphug:QUOTE]
Wave at me in Spokane on your way by!!! :wave:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mamalee (Post 4386916)
Just a quick thank you to everyone for all their encouragement yesterday. :hug: I was so down after my Cheese Puff cheat, but thanks to all of you here, I felt better and got right back on track with 100% OP again.

So, as of today, I have my one day off program and 27 days 100% OP. I'll chose to focus on those. Thanks everyone!!! :hug:

Here's wishing everyone an OP day today! And a slishy-sloshy water day. Gonna be 105 here today with heat index even higher. :dizzy: Off to get more water. :D

Lee

Good for you for gettin back on the OP horse!! :carrot:

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanafromAustin (Post 4386924)
Good morning everyone, and hope everyone stays cool today. Another really hot day in Austin today, but hopefully it will get out of the 100's today.

Vet - good luck at WI today and it sounds like you are going to have some great news to share with us.

To everyone else who has or had WI's today - congrats for making it another week on this awesome weight loss program.

You are so cute!!! Love the picture! :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by imaudrey2 (Post 4386925)
Hello! I have been on IP since mid-May and have been following this blog since then. The past two weeks I "fell of the wagon" so to speak, so I thought actually joining and talking with everyone will help me stay OP.
All of you are so inspirational, helpful and positive that I love reading this everyday. Hoping to stay motivated!

:welcome:

Quote:

Originally Posted by usmcvet (Post 4386937)
Down 107#'s as of WI today!

You are the Man!!! Way to go!!! I am so happy for you! :bravo:

usmcvet 06-28-2012 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staceyjblack (Post 4387024)
AMAZEBALLS!:carrot::carrot::carrot::D

Thanks and I love it I learned a new word today. AMAZEBALLS! :D

bttrhalf 06-28-2012 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cscape (Post 4387026)
Hope everyone is having a great day! I took out some boneless pork country ribs (lots of meat, little fat), from my freezer but cannot use the recipes I would normally use for them. Does anyone have a recommendation for a sauce or marinade that would be 100% IP? I know I can parboil them to get rid of excess fat.but don't know where to go from there. Any ideas??

Hi cscape, try a dry rub of just seasonings and sea salt of course, then cook them on the BBQ or in the oven will work just fine and taste great, make sure to use seasonings with lots of flavor.:)

clinic scale:
http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/tulip-...7/145/197/.png

usmcvet 06-28-2012 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darralyn (Post 4387036)

You are the Man!!! Way to go!!! I am so happy for you! :bravo:

Thank you Darralyn! :hug:

staceyjblack 06-28-2012 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by usmcvet (Post 4387046)
Thanks and I love it I learned a new word today. AMAZEBALLS! :D

hahah enjoy!

locopollo 06-28-2012 01:05 PM

Great job, you guys!!!!

GemIAm 06-28-2012 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhoenixRisingAgain (Post 4386685)
Gonna try something different today: I need another cup of coffee and I'm going to try putting some of my breakfast shake into it instead of half and half. I am still working on easing off of the h & h use in my coffee, so hoping that using some of my shake to make it taste better than black coffee.

It's going to be pretty hot where I am today! Water water water! I bought some flavored sparkling waters yesterday and plan to add a few splashes into my water bottle just for variety.

Phoenix: My breakfast is usually coffee with RTD Vanilla or Chocolate shake in it! Quick, easy & yummy :) Also, be careful with the "sparkling drinks"...my coach recommends anything carbonated be used sparingly...as a special treat, not daily. Mio is awesome for helping water seem less bland.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wuv2bloved (Post 4386808)
Good morning y'all....just wanted to check in here, I am loving my new job as a coach! very satisfied meeting the people. They are all happy to finally meet me so its exciting :)

Wuv, i am so excited for you 7 the people who get to have you as a live, in person coach! Ever considered moving to the Pacific Northwest?! ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trishak (Post 4386814)
My taste buds have changes so much on this diet. I brought my coffee to work so I could make my drink with the vanilla drink mix after my WI, but I was hungry and drank the coffee black in the car on the way to work. It tasted so good. I would have NEVER drank black coffee before.

I never drank coffee black before either, but love it on IP! It is funny how tastes change - now when I get a "craving" it is usually for IP Salt & Vinegar Crisps, or LUNCHMEAT! I go to the local deli counter and buy 3 slices of peppered turkey breast!

Quote:

Originally Posted by GiGiBlue (Post 4386858)
I eat in restaurants I don't like and eat meals at home I don't want. I realize this has very little to do with my husband, and a whole lot to do with my "wanting to please". From today forward, I am going to do what's right for me. I told him that I'm no longer going grocery shopping with him, struggling through the aisles of candy, chips, cookies, crap, etc. etc. etc. He's on his own. Today I feel refreshed with new-found strength to reach my goal. These posts are going to help get me there. It's time to grow up and treat myself like I'm worth it! Thanks to all, and best wishes to all here. :):):):):):) 1 for every 5 lost!

Yaay GiGi! :cp: Sometimes giving ourselves "permission" to take care of OURSELVES is a huge challenge! Stick to it - shop the veggie & meat sections and take care of you! If your hubby really wants something different - he knows where the grocery store is!

Quote:

Originally Posted by imaudrey2 (Post 4386925)
Hello! I have been on IP since mid-May and have been following this blog since then. The past two weeks I "fell of the wagon" so to speak, so I thought actually joining and talking with everyone will help me stay OP.
All of you are so inspirational, helpful and positive that I love reading this everyday. Hoping to stay motivated!

Audrey - Stay positive! IP works! I "fell off the wagon" for 2 weeks and gained 2 lbs (first gain since starting in January). I got right back on plan and committed to STAYING on plan, and I lost 7.2 lbs at this week's weigh-in! I am SO close to under 200 lbs that I know it will be next week or the week after - since I will stay on plan. KayPix (I think) posted a great quote that I hung in my office above my computer: "Persistence and willpower pays off and the 'just this once' mentality will sabatoge you over and over again." Hang in there!

Quote:

:woo:Congratulations & a very merry unbirthday to you!:woo:

Happy Thursday all!

Chloe222 06-28-2012 01:27 PM

Hi all,
haven't had a chance to read ll of today's posts, only read the first page so far but wanted to say hello!

Vet, noticed that you're down 107 lbs., incredible!!

Liz,
Read yesterday's posts from you, such VALUABLE information. Thank you so much for taking the time to share the detail with us!

ChubbyCherub 06-28-2012 01:36 PM

Can someone tell me if The Protein Store changed their web address again? TIA

chicagoboiler 06-28-2012 01:46 PM

Quote:

Congratulations...you are AMAZING!! You not only hit 100, you knocked it out of the park for so much more. You are an inspiration!! Keep up the wonderful work :-):congrat:

reneepw 06-28-2012 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChubbyCherub (Post 4387087)
Can someone tell me if The Protein Store changed their web address again? TIA

me too! I tried going there yesterday and today and got nothing but the name across the top!

reneepw 06-28-2012 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by usmcvet (Post 4387020)
So today was a huge day for me on my weight loss journey. I wanted to make it to 100 pounds lost by today. I made it to 107 pounds lost. It was a great moment for me. It took about ten min for it to hit me, and then I got emotional and cried. I had two wonderful hugs from Dr. Lake and my coach Emily. So I searched for a new fun photo and I found this. Then Dr. Lake gave me a ketosis stick to see what color it would be. The stick was bright purple, the same color as my shirt today. Dr. Lake said I was in deep ketosis.

Many of you know about the damage VT suffered following Hurricane Irene. Route 107 was hit very hard. Here are a few photos. Believe me when I tell you they do not even begin to show you how badly we were hit by Irene. While impressive the photos just do not paint the complete picture.

I am not done with my weight loss but these photos kind of hit me today. Loosing 100#’s was something I never thought I would be able to do. Well it’s freaking done and I have another 143 to go until I hit goal. The torn up roads and broken bridges made me think of my struggle and the struggle Vermonters went through following Irene. They are very different struggles but they are struggles. Re opening 107 was HUGE for VT. Losing 107 Pounds was HUGE for me.

Damn - you made me tear up! I'm soooo happy for you. You rock in so many ways - the weight loss is part of it, but your inspiration and kind words (and sense of humor!) are just what I need most days!
Keep up the great work!