Old 09-01-2023, 10:14 AM   #1  

Height: 5'6"

Default Fall/Winter (Sept '23 - March '24) IP/IPA thread

Hello friends -

Starting a new thread for a fresh start! Wishing you all a wonderful day and weekend ahead
cactusblossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2023, 05:59 PM   #2  

S/C/G: S 267/C 267/G 150

Height: 5'2"

Hi! Still plugging along. Bad craves today, but I'm ignoring them About 23 lbs down after cheating on a cruise for 5 days.
AJ in TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2023, 03:02 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 227/227/155

Height: 5'3”

Hooray - I am so happy that these threads are still going. I had fabulous success with IP. I have just restarted - looking forward to reading your posts and posting. I am just on my way to work. I just wanted to pop in and quickly say “Hello!”
I must change my stats later….not only am I bigger….I am now shorter. 😝
Heitina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2023, 12:28 AM   #4  

I have updated my stats. It’s a bit intimidating looking at the scale and seeing how much I need to lose. I have to just keep reminding myself that previously on IP I lost 80 lbs and maintained it for a year and a half. I can do this - I know I can!
Old 09-18-2023, 11:11 PM   #5  

I had my first weigh in today and I’m down 8.4 pounds - I feel good, hopeful and grateful to be back on track with a program that I was so successful with. I am a bit scared…scared of losing and not maintaining. Last time I did IP I kept the weight off for almost 2 years. I truly thought I would never gain the weight back. Now, here I am fatter then ever. I just pray that I learned something from my previous mistakes. I am sick of dieting - I want to change my way of eating forever. I am so sick and tired of playing this game Enough is enough. I do know from experience that when I have control over my weight and make sensible choices, the power I feel is immeasurable.
Old 09-19-2023, 02:20 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heitina View Post
I had my first weigh in today and I’m down 8.4 pounds - I feel good, hopeful and grateful to be back on track with a program that I was so successful with. I am a bit scared…scared of losing and not maintaining. Last time I did IP I kept the weight off for almost 2 years. I truly thought I would never gain the weight back. Now, here I am fatter then ever. I just pray that I learned something from my previous mistakes. I am sick of dieting - I want to change my way of eating forever. I am so sick and tired of playing this game Enough is enough. I do know from experience that when I have control over my weight and make sensible choices, the power I feel is immeasurable.
You will do great! So happy to see you here and hopefully others will follow. I have been offline for a while due to some personal health issues, but I will be back on track tomorrow - Wednesday - 9/20/2023.

We can do this and congrats on your loss!!
Old 10-26-2023, 10:16 AM   #7  

Decided to take a break from Ideal Protein. I have been following a different program and it is going really well and I am feeling much better. I know there are different programs for a reason and I know many people who have done great with IP/IPA. Just needed a change. Wishing everyone the best!!
Old 11-27-2023, 12:18 PM   #8  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Well - I am back, restarting Yet Again - except this time I got smart and went back to my clinic versus the "Do It Myself". I need the accountability! I lost 8.2lb my first WI, my #2 WI is tomorrow! I'm planning my food on myfitnesspal and logging it as I go in my food journal. It's good to be back!
LizRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2023, 04:00 PM   #9  

Hi Liz and anyone out there,

I decided to come back as well. I will do a restart tomorrow, Monday, December 4th. Hoping for some company and I will try to post daily if I can.
Old 12-04-2023, 04:00 PM   #10  

Hello,

Day 1 - back on track. Wishing everyone a nice day!
Old 12-08-2023, 04:21 PM   #11  

Hi again -

Day 5 and doing good! Always hoping for someone out there to check in!

Have a great day!
Old 12-11-2023, 02:27 PM   #12  

Still here and doing good. Would love some company! Have a great day!
Old 12-12-2023, 03:47 PM   #13  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Had WI#4 today! Down a total of 14lb so far - I don't know if it was really smart or really stupid to restart during the holiday season... So many parties to try and navigate! I'm just going to take my WI's week by week and be honest with myself. I had knee surgery in November and have been cleared for light exercise so I am planning to do some walking soon.
I'm not a big breakfast eater so I keep finding myself pushing off my first meal until ~12pm, but I'm also not indulging in the midnight snacks either (that was usually my see-saw, not hungry in the AM, but pig out in the PM).
LizRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2023, 12:46 PM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post
Had WI#4 today! Down a total of 14lb so far - I don't know if it was really smart or really stupid to restart during the holiday season... So many parties to try and navigate! I'm just going to take my WI's week by week and be honest with myself. I had knee surgery in November and have been cleared for light exercise so I am planning to do some walking soon.
I'm not a big breakfast eater so I keep finding myself pushing off my first meal until ~12pm, but I'm also not indulging in the midnight snacks either (that was usually my see-saw, not hungry in the AM, but pig out in the PM).
You are doing great! I feel the same about restarting now, but feel like I am running out of time and excuses. So why not! Awesome job - keep going and keep posting if you can! Have a great day!
Old 12-19-2023, 03:25 PM   #15  

Moving right along - enjoying the season without eating off plan. I can do it! Have a great day!