Old 05-25-2012, 06:13 PM   #1  
Can't wait to lose 50 pds

S/C/G: SW: 170/CW: 169/GW: 120

Height: 5ft

Default Made it to DAY 5!

Hey Everyone!

I made it to day 5 which was honestly a little bit of a struggle. I would get a lot of cravings, and especially today I am having some.

However, I know now that after this day my body has stabilized and that I will start losing weight on a regular basis as long as I stay on program.

That being said I wanted to know how early should I see results? I have lost 2 pounds however I think that was water weight because I feel less bloated.

Thanks!
lhams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 04:00 AM   #2  
Ideal Protein April 27/12

S/C/G: 215 / Ticker / 165

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhams View Post
Hey Everyone!

I made it to day 5 which was honestly a little bit of a struggle. I would get a lot of cravings, and especially today I am having some.

However, I know now that after this day my body has stabilized and that I will start losing weight on a regular basis as long as I stay on program.

That being said I wanted to know how early should I see results? I have lost 2 pounds however I think that was water weight because I feel less bloated.

Thanks!
Hi and congrats on day 5. I would have to think its different for every single person, but Im willing to bet you will see results at your first weigh in.

Stick to the plan, it works. Week 4 for me, and consistent losses every week. Some are better, some are worse, but as long as Im losing, Im thrilled.
Longhorn Energy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 08:53 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 220 / see ticker / 140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhams View Post
Hey Everyone!

Thanks!
It gets easier every day. Within a few weeks the cravings will all but disappear (most of the time). As for when you will see results ... it varies. I know some people have HUGE losses their first week but for me it was a little higher than average (5.5 lbs) but not unbelievably high like some of the numbers I have seen on here. But I have been on for almost 7 weeks and have stayed pretty consistent.
Cole3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 10:39 AM   #4  
IP START: March 20th 2011

Height: 5'5''

this is my second time doing ip. last time I did it I lost around 70lbs in 4 months. I am now on day 4 of starting over. last time around within a month i noticed a HUGE difference. The first time around I lost 12lbs my first week and after that was around 4lbs a week each week. (average, there were 2 weeks I didn't lose anything)

what I have learned about this... it is not a race to be thin. Last year when I did IP I did it so I could be a hot bride. after the wedding I slacked off and almost a year later I have gained 50 of the 70 I lost. So I am starting again, and this time I know it is not a race to be thin, but a learning path to stay healthy.
Good luck on your journey.
Shrinking Sandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 02:15 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 180/176/155

Height: 5'9"

Keep it up!! Your first two weeks are your hardest. I had HORRIBLE cravings in the beginning. Seriously, I was eating SO much romaine I thought I would turn into a head of it!

Now I'm into week 3 and its a breeze. No cravings! I can be around food just fine (before, even if I had just eaten the second I got around food I was "hungry").

I lost 5 my first WI.
NOVAScents is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 02:26 PM   #6  
110lbs BustedOff/more2go

S/C/G: 330/210/160

Height: 5' 8"

CONGRATS lady!

struggle or not ~ you chick, have done 5 days more of great eating than most people have lol
it only gets better each day and those cravings due pass
justanotherchix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 06:49 AM   #7  
Can't wait to lose 50 pds

S/C/G: SW: 170/CW: 169/GW: 120

Height: 5ft

Thank all of you for the support. I realized that if I check my weight everyday it does fluctuate so I can't rely on that.

Thank you again I appreciate it!!
lhams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 07:04 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

Welcome lhams! You're right, don't get obsessive about weighing yourself everyday. It will drive you nuts and is not always a good reflection of fat loss, as it can be water or the dreaded 'C.'

As you move on in the IP journey, it helps to focus on the great foods you can eat and just know that the things you can't eat will be there for you when you phase off. By that point, you may well not want them as much anyway. Keep a journal and try to examine what makes you tick, what triggers you to eat. Your taste buds will change too, which was a nice surprise for me.

And keep coming back to this forum - great bunch of people here!

Margaret
Sewmam is offline   Reply With Quote