3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat Friday 5/11/12 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/258822-ip-daily-chat-friday-5-11-12-a.html)

mooselover 05-11-2012 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tauthier (Post 4329513)
My first post...started IP on Monday. It's going good. I've only done such a strict diet once and that was Hcg and only lost 6 pounds in about 6 weeks....very frustrating and felt like I was starving. I know a lot of people have had a lot of success with it but I didn't. I'm a lifetime WW and have always been successful with that but the beginning of January I went back and lost 5 pounds in 6 weeks and got frustrated and quit after eating too much one weekend and gaining most of it back. When I turned 40(almost 14 years ago) I was 185 pounds and I decided I had had enough....joined WW lost 40+ pounds in that year and then my husband came home one day (a few months after our 6 year old was diagnosed with diabetes) and said he'd moved his girlfriend out here and was filing for divorce. My weight really dropped after that and I kept it off pretty good for 10 years. I dated a guy for 10 years that HATED any extra weight on me and he was slim and trim and ate very healthy. We broke up a couple years ago and I started dating a guy who likes to eat and I started working on my master's degree while working full time....36 credit hours and 36+ pounds! I finished my course work this week and started IP. Determined to get this weight off. I HATE not having anything to wear and not enjoying going shopping to resolve that issue. I'm happy I've found this group for support! Can't wait to post my first weeks loss!

You will be sooooo glad you found IP and this group!!! I did WW in my younger years and it worked well for me then, but it doesn't work for me now either. IP is amazing. Seeing the scale go down each week keeps me motivated as well as the inspiration I read on here. You will achieve your goal!!!

mlucas 05-11-2012 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angie773 (Post 4329567)
Good morning ladies! I went to an open house at my center yesterday and tried Chicken a la King. Have any of you tried it? it is soooooo GOOD!

Buahahahaaaa.. I love your "Peanut Butter Jelly Time!!!" My son and I sing that all the time! And he get's all into it and starts hip thrusting.. omg.. too funny. I will have to record it sometime. But seeing that made me laugh! So thanks for that! Have a great day!

On another note, I started P3 yesterday and even thought eating my morning toast was like the sky's parting and the the light of the heavens shinning down on me... my stomach does not feel the same way. I got to say since starting P2 and in to P3.. my stomach is not liking it at all! I think it's funny how our bodies get so used to any change that we make, that when we do make a change... it def. lets us know that it' notice's the change! lol So even though the PB and Toast and the fruit is AMAZE! I hate eating it lol But I will be back on P1 in a matter of weeks and I'm sure that transition will be a night mare again too LOL :D But looking forward to the results!

Have a great day everyone! :carrot:

mooselover 05-11-2012 10:57 AM

Good morning everyone. I am happy to report I've been feeling pretty good the last few days. I have my week 11 WI today and I am excited. I haven't been weighed and measured in 3 weeks as I was out of state. I did a weigh in Sunday and posted it in my ticker to keep me motivated. Did not like seeing that number stay the same for so long. I am still waiting for a call from my Dr. on my biopsy results. Hopefully she calls sometime today. I will report back after my WI in a few hours :)

wuv2bloved 05-11-2012 11:04 AM

Good morning, looks like we have awesome WI's already so everyone looks to have had a good week. Those of you who loss little or stayed the same (ME) keep your chins up it will show next week. Suppose to be a rainy weekend here so it looks like it will be an indoor kinda weekend. Hope everyone has a great Friday!

hyrysk 05-11-2012 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanafromAustin (Post 4329689)
! On a side note - that sure was a lot of rain last night. Not complaining though as I know we really need it.

And my dog is a chicken when it comes to thunder. She kept me up till almost 3am. I just hope the price of hay goes down now that weve had some good rain. Looking for the sun so we can play in the pool this weekend:)

LizRR 05-11-2012 11:10 AM

I have WI#10 today - I'm not expecting any big numbers this week as TOM is looming in just a day or so, but that should even out soon enough. I re-started my bodypump class this tue&thur after my allergy attack cut me short last week so I'm curious to see how the next 2 WI shake out.

I'm going back to having a restricted (had tried my first last week), but will NOT be getting the Chocolate Soy Puffs! I had to fight the binge monster TOO hard with those in the house! I'm getting the SW Cheese Curls, my coach loves them and Cadu had good words about them too. Savory snacks don't really trigger me like Chocolate does.

I went shopping yesterday, only got 2 items (on clearance of course). A pair of size 12 jeans and a pair of size 10 shorts - the shorts are a little tight, but I know they will fit soon! I've had to do some creative hem-taping to make some old clothes fit (older boot cut 'aka bell bottom' size 12 khaki & black pants are now bermuda length shorts), needed some more summer wear. The one pair of size 12 jeans are starting to have some room to them - I got them from my cousins old donation pile and thought they were so tiny but maybe someday I could SQUEEZE into them (they became my goal pants). Now I'm wearing them everyday and they are getting loose!

I'm organizing a neighborhood garage sale next weekend and am clearing out all of my size 14s and XL tops. I was tempted to keep some 'just in case' - but got that thinking out of my mind. I am on my way to my new ME and I am never going back! I actually belonged in a 16 and was squeezing into the 14s - I found denim with stretch in them and really tested the limits!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaypix (Post 4329522)
Morning all. I have come to the sad realization that this week I may not have a loss. I weigh daily to look for trends and this week I've gone down 0.4 and up .4 then down the same and back up .8 ... So as of today I'm not weighing again until Monday (weigh in day). I'm going to try and stay positive and knowing I'm 100% OP believe the scale will tip in my favor on Monday. I read an interesting article on Webmd yesterday that talked about your "set" weight and how your body doesn't like to go outside of that, but iv you gain enough weight and don't lose it quickly, your body will create a higher set weight and thus we get plateaus. I'll post the link when I get to work today.

Don't wave the white flag yet. I also do home WI to track trends (I find it all fascinating, I think I have a weird scientific detachment from the numbers). Last week, after my Friday WI I stayed the same weight for 3 days, gained a lb and stayed there for 2 days, the next day lost 4lb, and then lost another lb the next day for a final WI loss of 4lb (same scale, same time, same everything). This is a crazy diet - this isn't the first time I've had a 'plateau' (if you count 5 days as a 'plateau' I'll take it!) followed by a crazy overnight loss. They don't call it the 'whoosh' for nothing! You will literally drop it overnight, this is why if you take it too seriously and self-sabotage with dissappointment you should just stay off the scale. Granted you will also have some TOM issues cycling through, but that water weight gets flushed out eventually and it evens out - so just take it all as it comes and stay OP!

LizRR 05-11-2012 11:17 AM

Oh - random question - I have a big eggplant I want to try something with tonight. Anyone have any recipes or ideas? I never really get it, but it looked so good at the store I had to grab it, but now don't know what to do with it! I was thinking just slice and roast, but didn't know if anyone had any fun ideas.

DanafromAustin 05-11-2012 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hyrysk (Post 4329725)
And my dog is a chicken when it comes to thunder. She kept me up till almost 3am. I just hope the price of hay goes down now that weve had some good rain. Looking for the sun so we can play in the pool this weekend:)

One of my dogs is no better. We now have to give her an anti-anxiety pill when we have thunderstorms otherwise she just freaks out. The other dog is okay, just gets a little nervous and shaky. Looks like the sun will be coming out for sure by Sunday.

DanafromAustin 05-11-2012 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mooselover (Post 4329707)
Good morning everyone. I am happy to report I've been feeling pretty good the last few days. I have my week 11 WI today and I am excited. I haven't been weighed and measured in 3 weeks as I was out of state. I did a weigh in Sunday and posted it in my ticker to keep me motivated. Did not like seeing that number stay the same for so long. I am still waiting for a call from my Dr. on my biopsy results. Hopefully she calls sometime today. I will report back after my WI in a few hours :)

Keeping my fingers crossed that you get some good news. I had a few of those biopsies a couple of years ago, not the most comfortable thing. Have a good day and congrats on the scale moving again.

0ojoyo0 05-11-2012 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hyrysk (Post 4329725)

This seems like a weird idea, but have you tried putting a sweater on her during storms? Sometimes when dogs get anxious, a sweater will help them feel secure.You can google "thundershirt" but I think a sweater works just fine.

Darralyn 05-11-2012 11:38 AM

Good morning everyone!! Hope your all doing well; I read many posts and the news sounds pretty good!

I think I may have slipped last night.....I got an urgent call to come to my son and DIL's they had to take the baby to the urgent care. (She's OK). I skipped my dinner and just grabbed a bar instead; so that made 4 IP meals and I skipped 2 C of the veggies and the 8 oz of protein. It had to be done; there was no time to prepare a proper meal. Does this count as a cheat? I want to stay 100% OP but sometimes life throws you curve balls. I am really glad the baby is OK; she had been running a fever but they got it down and got her on meds. it was a nasty old ear infection.

jcjnjj 05-11-2012 11:45 AM

Weigh in #3 this morning and I'm down another 4.8 lbs!!! 20 lbs - gone 4ever!

evepet 05-11-2012 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darralyn (Post 4329769)
Good morning everyone!! Hope your all doing well; I read many posts and the news sounds pretty good!

I think I may have slipped last night.....I got an urgent call to come to my son and DIL's they had to take the baby to the urgent care. (She's OK). I skipped my dinner and just grabbed a bar instead; so that made 4 IP meals and I skipped 2 C of the veggies and the 8 oz of protein. It had to be done; there was no time to prepare a proper meal. Does this count as a cheat? I want to stay 100% OP but sometimes life throws you curve balls. I am really glad the baby is OK; she had been running a fever but they got it down and got her on meds. it was a nasty old ear infection.

So glad the baby's ok. It's so easy to get panicky when wee little ones are sick like that. I'm sure it gave everyone quite a scare. While you weren't able to stay 100% OP, I wouldn't call yesterday's situation a 'cheat'. It certainly wasn't an intentional lapse from protocol, and it was impossible to plan for it beyond grabbing your bar. It's good that you had the presence of mind to do that! And I'm sure you'll be back 100% OP today!

Kaypix 05-11-2012 11:55 AM

Here's a link to that Set Weight thing I mentioned earlier:
http://www.webmd.com/diet/guide/idea...rue&login=true

I found it really interesting on why we don't lose as much during plateaus, and why we tend to stay at random weights for a long time (I was 140 for the longest time, ballooned up to 185 and have a VERY hard time breaking into the 170s even with diet/exercise.)

Teden 05-11-2012 11:56 AM

Hi everybody! Only 5 days left before my Navy weigh in and I only lost 1 lb this week, although I did lose quite a few inches. That makes a depressing total of 1.6 lbs in the past 3 weeks! Ugh. I have never cheated, so it is either Cortisol (I am under an insane amt of stress, but coping!), or the Clomid I am taking (hormone craziness & water retention?). So- now I have cut out all restricted items and have switched lunch and dinner. My 2 scales at home say I am safe, but my coach's scale says I am 1 lb over. Could this be any more dramatic?!? :)