Old 01-07-2012, 12:15 AM   #1  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Question dairy free alternatives for ip?

Hey Guys,

I used to do the IP alternatives and i did notice i lost weight...I planned to go back to it after Christmas and New years, however, i got sick with stomach issues and its still not diagnosed quite yet , but right now i am not able to stomach dairy or soy...so do you know of any possible nutritional supplment drinks or shakes that i could use to do an IP style diet??? that contain no dairy wheat gluten or soy???
Porthardygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 09:03 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 183/162/130

Height: 5'5''

I was wondering the same thing about dairy. I usually use milk in my coffee every morning, but I do not measure it I have not asked my coach yet what to do, but was wondering if soy milk would be okay to use.
Pink1350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 11:22 AM   #3  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 206.5/173/173

Height: 5'3"

I've looked for dairy free-soy free protein shakes before. You're pretty much left with egg white protein and rice protein. I don't think you can get either one as ready-to-drink shakes, and I found them both incredibly bad tasting - far worse than the dairy versions.
flourless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 11:35 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 206/174/160

Height: 6'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by flourless View Post
I've looked for dairy free-soy free protein shakes before. You're pretty much left with egg white protein and rice protein. I don't think you can get either one as ready-to-drink shakes, and I found them both incredibly bad tasting - far worse than the dairy versions.
Hmm...if you guys are using the alternatives, have you looked for a protein powder you could mix with soy/almond milk? I used to use a protein powder, but I know it had whey in it. Not sure how bad your stomach issues are, but it might be a decent substitute.
sarahmayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 09:50 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 251/176/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porthardygurl View Post
Hey Guys,

I used to do the IP alternatives and i did notice i lost weight...I planned to go back to it after Christmas and New years, however, i got sick with stomach issues and its still not diagnosed quite yet , but right now i am not able to stomach dairy or soy...so do you know of any possible nutritional supplment drinks or shakes that i could use to do an IP style diet??? that contain no dairy wheat gluten or soy???
What about soy milk. Perhaps mix a protein supplement with the soy milk. I think going to a dietician is the best advice. It may cost $100 for a consultation, but they would have the best advice, especially with a gatritis problem. Good luck!!!

When you were on IP, did you notice you had stomach issues?
kelly1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 10:02 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 209/157/157

Height: 5'7"

There are some protein shakes with no gluten, dairy, soy....Jay Robb (I think I'm spelling right.). Comes in packets add water or juice (we wouldn't). Not bad. I get them at whole foods, you could look online....
Pamelama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 10:18 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 162/150.4/135

Height: 5'8 3/4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink1350 View Post
I was wondering the same thing about dairy. I usually use milk in my coffee every morning, but I do not measure it I have not asked my coach yet what to do, but was wondering if soy milk would be okay to use.
My coach said soy milk was fine as a substitute so I use Silk with DHA Omega and calcium. Good luck!
TracyAWC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 06:34 PM   #8  

I was also wondering about what IP foods are free of gluten, soy and dairy. Because week 1 and my intestines are NOT happy.
SeekUp Grasshopper is offline   Reply With Quote