3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Another option for rhubarb! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/257982-another-option-rhubarb.html)

LSJ100 04-30-2012 09:53 AM

Great tips...thanks Jen!

sugerray50 04-30-2012 03:10 PM

Yum! I'm going out into my garden right now and cutting some rhubarb and having it with pudding! Yea! I never would have thought of that! Thanks!

sugerray50 04-30-2012 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ProteinGal (Post 4313764)
You gals are making me drool!

I looked and looked all over town for frozen rhubarb, nobody sells it. I can't wait for my own plants to produce some!

Before I started growing mine - I would find it in Safeway...do you have a Safeway close? I think last week I saw some in the froz section of Walmart...

evepet 04-30-2012 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IPdivajen (Post 4313749)
Was telling my SIL about my discovery yesterday and she said her in laws have a huge rhubarb plant growing out of control on their property and that she'd pick me up some. Yahoo! Free fresh rhubarb! So excited!

Ugh. Must go add 'you get THIS excited about rhubarb' to the 'you know you're addicted to IP when...' thread.

ITA. Can't believe I'm so excited about rhubarb... LOL. My sister this past weekend was sort of laughing at my 'rhubarb fetish'.. but she did kindly remind me that she has a whole bunch of it in her garden, and I can have as much as I want once it gets grown enough. :D Nice. :D

qsuzi1 04-30-2012 04:16 PM

Added rhubarb to my veggies and I really like it. But one of the important thing about veggies is they are roughage which we must have. Is the consistency of rhubarb boiled considered roughage? Any other ideas other than boiling?

evepet 04-30-2012 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qsuzi1 (Post 4314516)
Added rhubarb to my veggies and I really like it. But one of the important thing about veggies is they are roughage which we must have. Is the consistency of rhubarb boiled considered roughage? Any other ideas other than boiling?

The fibre content will still be there, even cooked. Here's a chart that shows the fibre content of various foods, and it includes rhubarb in it's cooked state... just scroll down alphabetically to rhubarb.
http://www.wehealny.org/healthinfo/d...tentchart.html

qsuzi1 04-30-2012 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evepet (Post 4314528)
The fibre content will still be there, even cooked. Here's a chart that shows the fibre content of various foods, and it includes rhubarb in it's cooked state... just scroll down alphabetically to rhubarb.
http://www.wehealny.org/healthinfo/d...tentchart.html

You are so helpful and I really appreciate it evepet.

Sewmam 04-30-2012 05:22 PM

Well, I cooked up the fresh rhubarb, made flat bread with some of it (with cinnamon/ginger/cloves/stevia, egg whites and soy powder), added strawberries to the rest and continued to cook but got busy and it boiled over, making a mess and wasting half of it. I hate it when I do that!

ProteinGal 04-30-2012 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sugerray50 (Post 4314427)
Before I started growing mine - I would find it in Safeway...do you have a Safeway close? I think last week I saw some in the froz section of Walmart...

We have no Safeway, checked No Frills, Coop and Walmart and nothing. Oh well I will have tons of it once mine starts growing.

SaraBean 04-30-2012 07:40 PM

Not sure what grocery stores are near you folks having a hard time finding rhubarb but whole foods and stop and shop have it fresh in the produce section this time of year.

I love it!

grassfedbeef 04-30-2012 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sewmam (Post 4314585)
Well, I cooked up the fresh rhubarb, made flat bread with some of it (with cinnamon/ginger/cloves/stevia, egg whites and soy powder), added strawberries to the rest and continued to cook but got busy and it boiled over, making a mess and wasting half of it. I hate it when I do that!

Does the flat bread reheat well or taste good cold? Just wondering if you can make more at one time.

artflunky 04-30-2012 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IPdivajen (Post 4313751)
Sorry, when I said pre-portioned I meant the portions that I had made after I stewed and stored it. So half a cup of finished product that represented one cup of raw rhubarb.

No! Sorry, I meant what is the premaid pudding cup? I have only had the powdered packet.

IPdivajen 04-30-2012 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by artflunky (Post 4314994)
No! Sorry, I meant what is the premaid pudding cup? I have only had the powdered packet.

Ah, gotcha! Yes, at my clinic we can buy 8 packs of chocolate or vanilla pudding ready to go in pudding cups. The vanilla is SO good!